gretchen_darren

trying to be upbeat

225 posts in this topic

This thread got quiet. :hehe:

Darren,

Let the SLEC complaint go.

After this trip, when's the next time you will find yourself in Manila and with your (new) family? IMO, you missed an opportunity to sit back and take in local sights. or, You could have gone back to the hotel and spent time with mom and dad.

(Memories fade. The more you have, the longer they stay.)

You are already pushing uphill. Stay focused on the target. :thumbs:

The guards at St. Lukes did deny me access today. I am inquiring as to why they did so. I will post results as I get them. Another US Citizen did go through with his fiancee. So I am not very happy right now after being lied to by St. Lukes Extension Clinic.

WE also got the NBI. So things are looking good.

WE go back on Tuesday for her results. CFO will Tuesday as well. Things are looking good. So far things are on track.

Medical today took over 6 hours. Be there early. I do not care what anyone tells you. 4:30 to 5:00 am for front of the line. After that you are waiting in back. Got there at 5:38 am and she got in at 6:38 am to reception. From there she was not out until noon. then had to go back at 1 pm for immunization interview. the immunization interview took another 40 minutes. So by the time it was done, it was about 2:30 pm. Long day for first day of medical. But easily expect 5 hours.

the lines was gone at 8:30 am with people able to enter quickly. But from the point of entry, expect 5 hours. (afternoon may go quicker since most of the people are gone,)

Was just sad because I was told I could go through the medical with her, but the Guards refused entry. I am working on getting an explanation on exactly what happened and why the email told me I could accompany her and the guards refusing me to accompany her. the explanation had better be a very very very good one, because another US Citizen got to accompany his fiancee on the SAME DAY at the SAME TIME.

There should be a valid reason for a US citizen to be able to accompany his wife/fiance during the medical, like for example, the wife/fiance needs assistance from the husband or is not ambulatory by herself. My husband was allowed to go because I'm pregnant and diagnosed with placenta previa, which means, anytime, I could be bleeding out and I do need help getting around the hospital. The other US citizen that was with us was also allowed to come with is because they have a 9 months old son that's with them, so she may need extra hand in taking care of the baby.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

AS far as SLECMEC goes, all I can say is I am near-sighted and my glasses are in the USA. I can't even read the "borbon store" sign from across the road without my glasses. But I will let that go. Some people with problems just "can't" be "seen". The problem with people with vision problems is nobody understands unless you are completely blind or wearing coke bottle glasses. If you are not wearing glasses, can get around, but cannot know where to go, who cares? But I digress on a tirade I have suffered all of my life. Optic atrophy is one of the worst conditions to have.

Her St. Lukes medical is complete WAHOO!!! We are carrying the medical to the embassy.

We have the NBI. You can get your NBI but expect a wait in line. For those needing a re-issue expect a 2 hour time frame. Go into the NBI through the Biometrics waiting area on UN Avenue.

Right now our prayer is the Embassy lets us pick up the Visa on Wednesday or Thursday.

Our other prayer is the SMEF-COW allows Gretchen to complete the CFO guidance and counseling program if we cannot get the visa from the embassy.

The problem was the taxi driver did not understand where we were going for the CFO at St. Mary;s/Good Shepard convent so he was wandering st. mary street off of Aurora and EDSA area versus where we needed to go. (About one more intersection.) We were so close but it became too late to pursue the location for her CFO. At 3:45pm I called off the quest. We started at 2:15 pm and never got there in time. So I am hoping to get the CFO done Wednesday or the end of this week with or without her passport and/or visa. My worry is not having her passport may make it hard for the CFO.

My prayer is the Embassy lets us pick up her visa to take care of the CFO and the travel tax so we can wrap everything up this week.

right now my worry is the CFO. The one crucial item I wanted done before tomorrow and losing her passport to the embassy. Now we are worried about CFO.

But right now, we will focus on the embassy. then come back to the CFO issue. There are still 2.5 days on the CFO after the embassy.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Good luck to Gretchen on her interview. It's great she's done with her medical :thumbs:

Hopefully visa will arrive soon then go through SMEF-COW smoothly and just have that sticker stick on her passport :). As I remember when I attended CFO seminar they asked those whose husband is married before for a divorce paper thingy and for those whose age is below 21 ehh.. better be sure before you go there guys.. they're pretty strict with papers but anyway good luck to Gretchen and Darren you'll finally be together without too much hassle :D

Gemini & Janet:

USCIS:

1/24/11 Married(Happiest Day)

2/28/11 I-130 sent

3/03/11 NOA1

3/21/11 CFO seminar (SMEF-COW)

6/08/11 NOA2 (Thank you God)

NVC:

6/28/11 NVC received our petition(Thank God;)

7/01/11 NVC case # assigned(so happy)

7/05/11 Eligible for further processing( DS-3032 sent via e-mail)

7/07/11 Paid AOS fee

7/09/11 DS-3032 received ^_^

7/11/11 AOS status shows as paid & IV bill invoice e-mailed by NVC

7/12/11 AOS packet sent

7/13/11 IV bill paid(AOS packet received)

7/18/11 IV packet sent

7/19/11 IV packet received ^_^

7/27/11 IV packet on process (God is good all the time)

7/29/11 Case completed at NVC

8/02/11 NVC e-mailed the packet of instructions for interview

USEM:

8/22/11 Medical ( passed)

9/13/11 Interview passed (visa printed), thank God for another blessing ;)

9/16/11 Visa on hand

9/20/11 CFO sticker/ticket purchased ^_^

10/06/11 P.O.E. (Las Vegas via PAL)

lNRUp8.png?k7iCQIPf

"You get back what you give out"

Seems going better than well. Good for you. :thumbs:

Good luck with the interview. :thumbs: Please hurry and post interview results. :star:

(btw..Manila taxi drivers can find the queen in an anthill. You might ask your fiancee to do a little mean talking next time your driver can't find his way. :whistle:)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I guess the nuns at the CFO would go crazy if you will be the one handling all your fiancee's issues because they will see that you are a "control freak". The nuns would say, "no good for the "young pinay"...hehehe! So, I suggest for you to just stay outside and chill. Better bring the papa and mama to a canteen across the street and have some bonding moments with them while your honey is being grilled by the nuns. Let your honey learn independence as early as now. Cheers!

Timeline

AS far as SLECMEC goes, all I can say is I am near-sighted and my glasses are in the USA. I can't even read the "borbon store" sign from across the road without my glasses. But I will let that go. Some people with problems just "can't" be "seen". The problem with people with vision problems is nobody understands unless you are completely blind or wearing coke bottle glasses. If you are not wearing glasses, can get around, but cannot know where to go, who cares? But I digress on a tirade I have suffered all of my life. Optic atrophy is one of the worst conditions to have.

Her St. Lukes medical is complete WAHOO!!! We are carrying the medical to the embassy.

We have the NBI. You can get your NBI but expect a wait in line. For those needing a re-issue expect a 2 hour time frame. Go into the NBI through the Biometrics waiting area on UN Avenue.

Right now our prayer is the Embassy lets us pick up the Visa on Wednesday or Thursday.

Our other prayer is the SMEF-COW allows Gretchen to complete the CFO guidance and counseling program if we cannot get the visa from the embassy.

The problem was the taxi driver did not understand where we were going for the CFO at St. Mary;s/Good Shepard convent so he was wandering st. mary street off of Aurora and EDSA area versus where we needed to go. (About one more intersection.) We were so close but it became too late to pursue the location for her CFO. At 3:45pm I called off the quest. We started at 2:15 pm and never got there in time. So I am hoping to get the CFO done Wednesday or the end of this week with or without her passport and/or visa. My worry is not having her passport may make it hard for the CFO.

My prayer is the Embassy lets us pick up her visa to take care of the CFO and the travel tax so we can wrap everything up this week.

right now my worry is the CFO. The one crucial item I wanted done before tomorrow and losing her passport to the embassy. Now we are worried about CFO.

But right now, we will focus on the embassy. then come back to the CFO issue. There are still 2.5 days on the CFO after the embassy.

Great! Don't worry about the CFO as of now because 2.5 days is enough for it. Better to go there with the visa in hand.

Edited by paul_kay

tumblr_m24igfpWr01rtrvwyo1_r1_250.jpg

Click image to view my blog!

AOS Timeline

11/1/11 - AOS package Delivered

11/7/11 - NOA Received in the mail

11/12/11 - Biometrics Appointment received

11/28/11 - Case transferred to CSC

12/7/11 - Biometrics done

1/2/12 - EAD and AP approved (Card production)

1/11/12 - EAD/AP Card received

1/20/12 - Got Driver's License!

3/7/12 - GC approved!

3/9/12 - Got a job!

3/11/12 - GC on hand

Gretchen doesn't need her passport in order to complete the CFO seminar. She'll need a copy of the bio page.

However, in order to get the CFO sticker in her passport, she will need to have her passport with her visa in it.

If you're planning to get a CFO sticker at NAIA before you leave the Philippines, it's my understanding that the CFO has only one person to cover three offices in three different terminals. They may not be at their office in your terminal even though they have posted hours for that time. Call in advance, or simply go to CFO main for the sticker.

Timeline

Seems going better than well. Good for you. :thumbs:

Good luck with the interview. :thumbs: Please hurry and post interview results. :star:

(btw..Manila taxi drivers can find the queen in an anthill. You might ask your fiancee to do a little mean talking next time your driver can't find his way. :whistle:)

I did not pay the taxi driver for the trip. He was mad, But I told him he ruined our plans big time. I had given him more then enough time to find the place and told him exactly where to go. When I showed my fiancee what he did, she was surprised as well. He really got the information wrong. Ah well. Sometimes you find a bad one. He took us to st. mary road off aurora and not St Maray's EF-COW on Aurora. (about 1 km difference)

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Gretchen doesn't need her passport in order to complete the CFO seminar. She'll need a copy of the bio page.

However, in order to get the CFO sticker in her passport, she will need to have her passport with her visa in it.

If you're planning to get a CFO sticker at NAIA before you leave the Philippines, it's my understanding that the CFO has only one person to cover three offices in three different terminals. They may not be at their office in your terminal even though they have posted hours for that time. Call in advance, or simply go to CFO main for the sticker.

Right we have options. My only hope is we can get the CFO done while her parents are with us this week. the main concern is losing her passport which is her second id.

Gretchen is ready so we are off to the embassy.... keep us in your prayers.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

I did not pay the taxi driver for the trip. He was mad, But I told him he ruined our plans big time. I had given him more then enough time to find the place and told him exactly where to go. When I showed my fiancee what he did, she was surprised as well. He really got the information wrong. Ah well. Sometimes you find a bad one. He took us to st. mary road off aurora and not St Maray's EF-COW on Aurora. (about 1 km difference)

Why didn't you simply ask the taxi driver to take you to an easy-to-find major landmark? Katipunan LRT station is right next door to St. Mary's. The map is right there on the website.

Sheesh... :blink:

...the main concern is losing her passport which is her second id.

What do you mean by "losing her passport?" Are you afraid snatchers will get it? Or, are you afraid Gretchen will misplace it?

OP: $4500? I'm going to be down about $12k by the time my fiance is here.

But I'm not complaining because she is worth it to me.

K-1 Journey

03-03-2011 - Mailed I-129F application.

03-06-2011 - Packet received in Texas.

03-23-2011 - NOA1 received in mail, dated 03-09-2011.

05-31-2011 - RFE requested. They want better passport pictures of me.

06-06-2011 - Additional passport pics sent.

06-08-2011 - Evidence received and acknowledged. Whew!

06-16-2011 - NOA2 received!

07-20-2011 - Packet 3 Received!

08-01-2011 - Packet 3 returned to Embassy.

08-22-2011 - Packet 4 Received!

09-19-2011 - Interview...APPROVED!

09-23-2011 - Visa in Hand

09-29-2011 - POE LAX

11-11-2011 - Wedding at 11:11pm GMT time.

AOS Journey

12-02-2011 - Mailed in AOS/EAD/AP paperwork.

12-05-2011 - Delivery confirmation per USPS.

12-27-2011 - (3) NOA I-797C received, dated 12-20-2011. Biometrics appt set.

01-10-2012 - Biometrics.

01-20-2012 - Notified of interview appointment for 2-21-2012.

01-31-2012 - EAD and AP approved.

02-08-2012 - EAD/AP card received.

02-21-2012 - AOS interview approved. EAD/AP card confiscated.

03-01-2012 - Green Card in hand!!!

364 days total time!

Timeline

Interview day!!! Exciting!!!

tumblr_m24igfpWr01rtrvwyo1_r1_250.jpg

Click image to view my blog!

AOS Timeline

11/1/11 - AOS package Delivered

11/7/11 - NOA Received in the mail

11/12/11 - Biometrics Appointment received

11/28/11 - Case transferred to CSC

12/7/11 - Biometrics done

1/2/12 - EAD and AP approved (Card production)

1/11/12 - EAD/AP Card received

1/20/12 - Got Driver's License!

3/7/12 - GC approved!

3/9/12 - Got a job!

3/11/12 - GC on hand

it's now 7:08am Manila time. stay tuned...

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.