gretchen_darren

trying to be upbeat

225 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have read where it is possible to do the medical right before the interview. Normally, they want a week or two, but that has been difficult to do. If something goes wrong at the medical, yes we could have problems. It is also why I buffered a couple of days into the time in manila. Yes, it could be costly, and end up a crazy time, having tired to do too much together quickly. I am hoping me being there will help smooth over the issues. Like I said, I am taking a huge risk in this. I have seen it done and have talked with St. Lukes. So far this journey has not been easy, so I do not expect anything to be easy in manila as well.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

I have read where it is possible to do the medical right before the interview. Normally, they want a week or two, but that has been difficult to do. If something goes wrong at the medical, yes we could have problems. It is also why I buffered a couple of days into the time in manila. Yes, it could be costly, and end up a crazy time, having tired to do too much together quickly. I am hoping me being there will help smooth over the issues. Like I said, I am taking a huge risk in this. I have seen it done and have talked with St. Lukes. So far this journey has not been easy, so I do not expect anything to be easy in manila as well.

Medical 4 days prior the interview is the shortest time frame I've seen. It can be done. How many days are you allotting?

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

Timeline

2 days.. Monday and Tuesday. embassy is closed Monday. Interview is Wednesday. Don't expect a problem. I expect things to go smoothly.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

from the embassy website:

Applicants are advised to have their medical examinations done at least one week before their interview appointment at the U.S. Embassy in Manila.

they do not say must have, should have, or it is required. It just says "advised"

(Advise) To give an opinion or recommend a plan or course of action; to give notice; to encourage, inform, or acquaint.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

2 days.. Monday and Tuesday. embassy is closed Monday. Interview is Wednesday. Don't expect a problem. I expect things to go smoothly.

:blink: 2 days :blink:

Do you mind explaining why you think 2 days is adequate time?

Timeline

medical only takes 2 days. She has all but HPV and possibly a couple of other vaccines.

forms are also couriered to embassy daily. We also per-registered which will help. Just cannot explain everything on here...

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

medical only takes 2 days. She has all but HPV and possibly a couple of other vaccines.

forms are also couriered to embassy daily. We also per-registered which will help. Just cannot explain everything on here...

OK. I'm thinking your knowledge might benefit others. Especially if you are successful.

and curious, How will pre-registration help speed the file to the Embassy?

BTW, I'm not trying to be a buzzkill but I personally couldn't sleep very well with your schedule :hehe: You must have a lot of confidence and / or manage stress very well.

Timeline

I worked as an Equipment manager in high school and NCAA Division II football. I learned how to take care of things quickly and think on my feet while running. I manage 7 System engineers and work in a very very very high pressure environment. One mistake in my group is major problems.

In the per-registration online, you provide MNL number, name, address, petitioner, interview date. etc. They already know everything. The form is completely filled out so you do not have to do forms at St. Lukes.

Also, if things look good, they tell you about coming back for vaccinations the next day. If things are not looking good, or there are issues to review, they may just say you need to come back tomorrow.

Information you provide: (I have removed personal information)

Case Number:

Visa Preference Category:

K1 (FIANCEE)

Interview Date: 09/07/2011

Applicant Information

Applicant's Name:

Birthdate:

Civil Status: SINGLE

Birthplace:

Home Address:

Home Telephone Number:

Mobile Phone Number:

Email Address:

Present Country of Residence: PHILIPPINES

Prior Country of Residence: PHILIPPINES

Passport Number:

Issuing Country: PHILIPPINES

Issue Date:

Expiration Date:

Petitioner Information

Petitioner's Name: (Living)

Petitioner Address:

Relationship to Applicant: FIANCEE

U.S. Contact Person:

U.S. Contact Person's Contact Number:

Nearest Relative in the U.S.:

Relationship to Applicant: FIANCEE

Nearest Relative's Address:

Nearest Relative's Contact Number:

Intended Port of Entry: NEVADA

Estimated Date of Departure: SEPTEMBER 2011

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

I have read where it is possible to do the medical right before the interview.

Darren, Sorry I am beating this horse dead but, would you please up a link(s)?

Timeline

http://www.slec.ph/index.php

http://www.slec.ph/us/registration/index.php

ONLINE REGISTRATION

(For U.S. Immigrant Visa Applicants Only)

Upon arrival at SLEC, applicants will still be accommodated on a first-come first-served basis. This online registration form aims to reduce registration time by having most of the applicant's information ready upon arrival at the registration area. Pre-registered applicants should only need to have their biometrics captured upon arrival at the reception area.

INSTRUCTIONS:

All items marked with an asterisk(*) are required. For items that do not apply, please type 'N/A'.

Once all fields have been filled out, Click on the 'Preview' button. The next step will display a preview of all data entered.

Review data for errors. Use the form to correct them as needed, click 'Preview', to preview data to be submitted.

If all data are correct, click on the 'Register' button to submit your registration.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I worked as an Equipment manager in high school and NCAA Division II football.

When I was young the equipment managers took guff from some of the studs because they couldn't make the team. I never did so and always felt bad about that because these guys were doing something valuable for us and how can you not appreciate that? Well, the one I remember best took even more of it because he always carried his calculator around on his belt. This is the 1970's when they first came out. So he was a real geek. He went on to get an engineering degree of course and is probably a millionaire now whereas some of these thugs went on to long alcohol careers.

I feel like I really know you now Darren, and my feelings in defense of the equipment managers way back then are brought back to to me now. *sniff* We may disagree on some things, but if someone tries to hurt you I am going to knock their teeth through the back of their heads.

:blink: Darren :unsure:

I think you just became somebody's ######. :hehe:

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

Timeline

Medical exam on day 1 and interview on day 3! Wow that's a pretty tight schedule you got there. I'm sure it will work out. I'm guessing SLEC will give you guys the sealed envelope with the medical results then you will have to bring to the embassy instead of a courier.

tumblr_m24igfpWr01rtrvwyo1_r1_250.jpg

Click image to view my blog!

AOS Timeline

11/1/11 - AOS package Delivered

11/7/11 - NOA Received in the mail

11/12/11 - Biometrics Appointment received

11/28/11 - Case transferred to CSC

12/7/11 - Biometrics done

1/2/12 - EAD and AP approved (Card production)

1/11/12 - EAD/AP Card received

1/20/12 - Got Driver's License!

3/7/12 - GC approved!

3/9/12 - Got a job!

3/11/12 - GC on hand

Medical exam on day 1 and interview on day 3! Wow that's a pretty tight schedule you got there. I'm sure it will work out. I'm guessing SLEC will give you guys the sealed envelope with the medical results then you will have to bring to the embassy instead of a courier.

:thumbs:

I kept waiting for Darren to say (exactly) that. ;)

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.