NoneYa

Visited Philippines Only Once - Filing I-129f

43 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have met the woman I want to marry on-line and visited her two months later for 11 days. I am interested in those who know others that have been successful after only one trip, not two trips, not three or more but one trip !

More information...

My due diligence and hours of Skyping with her proved successful because we had the best time together, we do want to be married and have children together, we will be able to show 1-3 hours of chat logs up until our interview, there will be phone calls and many, many emails through this process. I am very orgainized and documented. We spent 11 days together in a resort in Cebu. Provided that she stands up to the grilling of the CO in Manila, what do you think our chances are since we have only met once ?

Barriers to travel...

My job in technology makes it difficult for me to travel again for 2 weeks straight and it is exspensive (all cost were around $ 5,000). I know a ticket only cost $ 1,700 but there are other cost. How big of a hurdle do you think we will climb to get the Visa Approved?

Commitment...

yes, I will go back again but she wants me to save the money and so do I. Success of a relationship doesn't matter on the length of time you have known someone but rather picking the right someone from the beginning. I was intentionally skeptical of every woman that I met and asked lots of questions before I got involved with this woman. She is a keeper. Please don't judge our fast decisions as we know the risk. I have people all around me that dated for years in America and are getting divorced. This woman and I are both cooperative and supportive people and I think we have a great chance and I am willing to accept a calculated risk because of who I think she is and who I am.

Filed: Timeline

I have met the woman I want to marry on-line and visited her two months later for 11 days. I am interested in those who know others that have been successful after only one trip, not two trips, not three or more but one trip !

More information...

My due diligence and hours of Skyping with her proved successful because we had the best time together, we do want to be married and have children together, we will be able to show 1-3 hours of chat logs up until our interview, there will be phone calls and many, many emails through this process. I am very orgainized and documented. We spent 11 days together in a resort in Cebu. Provided that she stands up to the grilling of the CO in Manila, what do you think our chances are since we have only met once ?

Barriers to travel...

My job in technology makes it difficult for me to travel again for 2 weeks straight and it is exspensive (all cost were around $ 5,000). I know a ticket only cost $ 1,700 but there are other cost. How big of a hurdle do you think we will climb to get the Visa Approved?

Commitment...

yes, I will go back again but she wants me to save the money and so do I. Success of a relationship doesn't matter on the length of time you have known someone but rather picking the right someone from the beginning. I was intentionally skeptical of every woman that I met and asked lots of questions before I got involved with this woman. She is a keeper. Please don't judge our fast decisions as we know the risk. I have people all around me that dated for years in America and are getting divorced. This woman and I are both cooperative and supportive people and I think we have a great chance and I am willing to accept a calculated risk because of who I think she is and who I am.

me and my fiance talk in a year and a half now, we see each other once for 9 days... we chatted every day through skype(vidoecall) we love each other so badly,truly,deeply.... im currently waiting on my medical test...we got approved last may btw..

Timeline

The requirement states that you must have met the beneficiary at least once in the two years prior to filing I-129f. I made one trip about a year and a half prior to my filing for I-129f. We are waiting for myfiancee to complete her medication and pass her medical so she can interview.

10/17/2008 - First Contact via message in CB

03/15/2009 - Engaged

05/15/2009 - First meeting in person (I traveled to Philippines)

10/05/2010 - Sent I-129F package to Fiancee VISA service for review and forwarding

12/08/2011 - Interview - Approved!

12/20/2011 - VISA in hand! (Never showed up in 2go online tracking!)

01/04/2012 - POE San Francisco(SFO)I met her there.

01/05/2012 - We're Home!

02/14/2012 - Married Valentine's Day 2012!

05/04/2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP packages via FedEx ground

07/26/2012 - EAD/AP Combo card received

"TeddyHoney and SqueezyBear"

(Derrick and Ritchie)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

OK, you've got your excuses lined up. Citing $ as a reason for one visit is weak. You have made the choice to be involved with someone far away. Travel isn't cheap.

Couples do get approved with only one short visit together. Some do not. There is no magic formula. It comes down to the interview where your fiancee will tell your story from start to present. Do some reading in the K1 forum and the Philippines regional forum. Identify any weaknesses / red flags and prepare to address them. The CO's are not picking on you personally, just doing their jobs.

Edited by Anh map

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

Your main concern should be proving that you went there and met her and spent time there. From what most people say, boarding passes, passport ID page and VISA stamped pages and the best proof of that. Photos together around known areas, places, landmarks, etc are best supporting proof. Phone bills and chat logs and e-mails and all that stuff really have nothing to do with your actually being there and meeting her in person, so they are just supporting evidence and may help but really don't carry much weight.

Follow the instructions and provide all documents and ifmormation requested and you have just as good a chance as anyone else. And chances are pretty good that you'll get I-129f approval.

There's a lot more to getting the VISA than that, though. But you have to get I-129f approval first.

God bless to you both in this!

10/17/2008 - First Contact via message in CB

03/15/2009 - Engaged

05/15/2009 - First meeting in person (I traveled to Philippines)

10/05/2010 - Sent I-129F package to Fiancee VISA service for review and forwarding

12/08/2011 - Interview - Approved!

12/20/2011 - VISA in hand! (Never showed up in 2go online tracking!)

01/04/2012 - POE San Francisco(SFO)I met her there.

01/05/2012 - We're Home!

02/14/2012 - Married Valentine's Day 2012!

05/04/2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP packages via FedEx ground

07/26/2012 - EAD/AP Combo card received

"TeddyHoney and SqueezyBear"

(Derrick and Ritchie)

Here is a recent thread discussing your question: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/323940-how-many-times-have-you-visited-your-fiance/

I met Patty May 2010, visited her for 3 weeks Oct 2010 and we are now at the interview stage on Aug 16. I will am flying out Aug 14 to be with her at

the interview and bring her back home to SFO Sept 2. As long as you have you ducks in a row so to speak, you shouldn't have an issue.

Good luck!

Philippians 4:13...I can do all things through Christ who strengthens meGC Received: 02/04/2012

Useful Links for K-1 Visa Petition for USEM Philippines:

Packet 3 for K-1: http://photos.state....3__rtf2_001.pdf

St Luke's Website: http://www.slec.ph/u...ml#clinic-hours

Link to Schedule Interview: http://cgifederal.force.com/

CFO Website for Seminar: http://www.cfo.gov.p...onals&catid=140

Povery Guideline: http://www.uscis.gov...form/i-864p.pdf

Website to Download DS 156, 156K, & 157: http://travel.state....forms_1342.html

Filed: Timeline

Here is a recent thread discussing your question: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/323940-how-many-times-have-you-visited-your-fiance/

I met Patty May 2010, visited her for 3 weeks Oct 2010 and we are now at the interview stage on Aug 16. I will am flying out Aug 14 to be with her at

the interview and bring her back home to SFO Sept 2. As long as you have you ducks in a row so to speak, you shouldn't have an issue.

Good luck!

I hope you didn't buy your tickets yet. The embassy has an uncanny way of messing up your plans. Two weeks to get her visa in hand after the interview is asking for trouble.

I hope you didn't buy your tickets yet. The embassy has an uncanny way of messing up your plans. Two weeks to get her visa in hand after the interview is asking for trouble.

Nope, but I did get her ticket reserved. We're picking up the visa on 2Go outlet (USEM authorized carrier) at the Mall of Asia. There have been

multiple visa approvals who went this route and picked up their visas within 4-5 days. Obviously this is specific to the USEM. I am not sure

how the process is in Micronesia. I do accept the fact that I am taking a calculated risk.

Philippians 4:13...I can do all things through Christ who strengthens meGC Received: 02/04/2012

Useful Links for K-1 Visa Petition for USEM Philippines:

Packet 3 for K-1: http://photos.state....3__rtf2_001.pdf

St Luke's Website: http://www.slec.ph/u...ml#clinic-hours

Link to Schedule Interview: http://cgifederal.force.com/

CFO Website for Seminar: http://www.cfo.gov.p...onals&catid=140

Povery Guideline: http://www.uscis.gov...form/i-864p.pdf

Website to Download DS 156, 156K, & 157: http://travel.state....forms_1342.html

My then-fiance (now husband) filed the I-129f right after his first visit. It got approved. Although, he visited me again for Christmas, USCIS did not learn of the 2nd visit until my interview at the embassy. That said, as long as you send in strong proofs that you met each other during the specified period, then the petition is most likely to be approved.

I also would like to say that the CO was so surprised that my fiance visited me again after a very short period of time and even joked about it. So I guess they do understand the "troubles" that go with travelling (e.g. financial constraints, work schedules, etc.). And for as long as you and your fiancee could show that you have a good relationship despite the distance, you would have a good chance of Visa approval.

Good Luck on your journey!

"... for our Love conquered both Time and Distance."

Timeline

Nobody will dispute my physical being at the hotel with her in Cebu because of my detail, right down to the signed hotel room charges for dinners each night.

I would still like to hear from others who were approved after only one visit. I am a software engineer, very detailed and I will prove that we chat and skype everyday all the way up to the interview. I will probably write a program to organize the chats and take snapshot images of our daily varying dress on-line everyday. We will have a pretty strong case but the travel only once concerned me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Nobody will dispute my physical being at the hotel with her in Cebu because of my detail, right down to the signed hotel room charges for dinners each night.

I would still like to hear from others who were approved after only one visit. I am a software engineer, very detailed and I will prove that we chat and skype everyday all the way up to the interview. I will probably write a program to organize the chats and take snapshot images of our daily varying dress on-line everyday. We will have a pretty strong case but the travel only once concerned me.

Hi! I would suggest clicking the "portals" link and then "consulate reviews" - There are about 800 for the Philippines and you will be hard pressed to find much in the way of denials. Might ease your mind some :) Good luck to you.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Timeline

Hi, I'm in the same situation here. My fiancee told me that she has talked with several people who have interviewed at the Manila consulate. She says that as long as the beneficiary knows their fiance(e), and answers all questions they ask accurately, there should be no worries. Hope this helps.

Meeting once is fine as it meets the k1 requirement. Make sure to frontload your petition with evidence so that your petition will be approved. Why don't you save up so that you could make another trip down there for her interview? That way you could possibly come back together :)

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.