NoneYa

Visited Philippines Only Once - Filing I-129f

43 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Meeting once is fine as it meets the k1 requirement. Make sure to frontload your petition with evidence so that your petition will be approved. Why don't you save up so that you could make another trip down there for her interview? That way you could possibly come back together :)

If your so organized, then use this site & it's search functions till your eyeballs bleed. Everything stated prior is true, especially Grumpy Ole Man's advice...

Primary Evidence is crucial, skype records don't amount to much, it's secondary. Phone bills are a little better in my opinion. Include it all, but don't overwhelm them with 5 pounds of chat logs, if you do then put it in a seperate folder (chances are they won't even bother to read them).

Color scans of stamped boarding passes, e-tickets, passport all pages except the blanks, did you buy a ring in the pines? Did you get a receipt? Unaltered Photos (with captions & your signature & the date and place).

Sounds like you'll be fine dude, have your girl join Pretty Ladies Visa Journey. It's kinda like a support group. Philipino's take care of their own.

I lurked in VJ prior to my first trip, finally joined right b4 my 2'nd trip, but reading here 1'st helped us to know to keep all our records.

According to my Fiance lots & lots have been approved with only one trip. I exhausted most of my vacation allotment with my 2 week trip this year, so I'm in the same boat. Perhaps write a letter explaining your work situation, but again as another poster mentioned, wanting to save money is weak.

A visit for the interview, would nearly be a deal clincher according to many prior posts.

All the best to you both :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I only visited with my husband once for 3 weeks in December. I came back in the new year and filed for a K1. He was in the US in October of the same year. .

K-1 Visa
I-129F NOA1: 2010-02-16 Approved 239 days from I-129F NOA1 date!
Interview Date: 2010-10-13

Visa Received: 2010-10-20
Marriage: 2010-12-12

nx03ix4cky8.png

AOS/EAD/AP
I-485, I-765 & I-131 Sent: 2011-01-10
Bio. Appt: 2011-02-16
EAD/AP Approval Date:
2011-03-11 Approved in 60 days!
Interview Date: 2011-06-10
Approval Date:
2011-06-20 AOS was Approved in 5 months, 6 days!
ROC
Mailed I-751: 3/20/2013

Approved: 8/5/2013

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have met the woman I want to marry on-line and visited her two months later for 11 days. I am interested in those who know others that have been successful after only one trip, not two trips, not three or more but one trip !

More information...

My due diligence and hours of Skyping with her proved successful because we had the best time together, we do want to be married and have children together, we will be able to show 1-3 hours of chat logs up until our interview, there will be phone calls and many, many emails through this process. I am very orgainized and documented. We spent 11 days together in a resort in Cebu. Provided that she stands up to the grilling of the CO in Manila, what do you think our chances are since we have only met once ?

Barriers to travel...

My job in technology makes it difficult for me to travel again for 2 weeks straight and it is exspensive (all cost were around $ 5,000). I know a ticket only cost $ 1,700 but there are other cost. How big of a hurdle do you think we will climb to get the Visa Approved?

Commitment...

yes, I will go back again but she wants me to save the money and so do I. Success of a relationship doesn't matter on the length of time you have known someone but rather picking the right someone from the beginning. I was intentionally skeptical of every woman that I met and asked lots of questions before I got involved with this woman. She is a keeper. Please don't judge our fast decisions as we know the risk. I have people all around me that dated for years in America and are getting divorced. This woman and I are both cooperative and supportive people and I think we have a great chance and I am willing to accept a calculated risk because of who I think she is and who I am.

My fiance only visited me once and we got APPROVED. So I don't think it's an issue. :)

Timeline

We decided not to buy a ring in the Philippines because they just kidnapped a woman there that was married to an American. We just didn't want to advertise it. We did visit a dentist and I am dropping just short of a carrot on her teeth. Her teeth look great but she is a typical Filipina who can use some work.

Timeline

my bf (now my husband) came to the Philippines only once for 8 days and we filed the I-129F on the same year we met. We met Feb online and then he came visit me in May then we filed November same year...4 months later, i got approved and here I am! no worries about that. as long as you have photos and other proof of relationship.

I have met the woman I want to marry on-line and visited her two months later for 11 days. I am interested in those who know others that have been successful after only one trip, not two trips, not three or more but one trip !

More information...

My due diligence and hours of Skyping with her proved successful because we had the best time together, we do want to be married and have children together, we will be able to show 1-3 hours of chat logs up until our interview, there will be phone calls and many, many emails through this process. I am very orgainized and documented. We spent 11 days together in a resort in Cebu. Provided that she stands up to the grilling of the CO in Manila, what do you think our chances are since we have only met once ?

Barriers to travel...

My job in technology makes it difficult for me to travel again for 2 weeks straight and it is exspensive (all cost were around $ 5,000). I know a ticket only cost $ 1,700 but there are other cost. How big of a hurdle do you think we will climb to get the Visa Approved?

Commitment...

yes, I will go back again but she wants me to save the money and so do I. Success of a relationship doesn't matter on the length of time you have known someone but rather picking the right someone from the beginning. I was intentionally skeptical of every woman that I met and asked lots of questions before I got involved with this woman. She is a keeper. Please don't judge our fast decisions as we know the risk. I have people all around me that dated for years in America and are getting divorced. This woman and I are both cooperative and supportive people and I think we have a great chance and I am willing to accept a calculated risk because of who I think she is and who I am.

Timeline

same case with us! my bf (now husband) flew from the east coast too!

Hey! I in the same exact situation as you except I a not well organized etc lol. . I met the woman from Cebu, I love, also on-line. I went over there after about 3 months (in may) and stayed 8 days. I also like you have the means to go back, but as the manager of a manufacturing operation taking Vacation in 7-8 day chunks is very hard to do.

Anyway we filled and got our NOA-1 about 2 months ago. The only requiremenrt is that you have met in person 1 time in the past two years. Also I don't think you need mountains of chat logs and E-mail. Just all your receipts from time in Cebu, copes of you passport etc etc, the 129 list is posted here. You just need proof of an ongoing relationship along with the other required documents, pictures etc.

Hope you liked Cebu and enjoyed it as much as I did.

Did you fly from the east coast. That long plane ride was something wasn't it.

We decided not to buy a ring in the Philippines because they just kidnapped a woman there that was married to an American. We just didn't want to advertise it. We did visit a dentist and I am dropping just short of a carrot on her teeth. Her teeth look great but she is a typical Filipina who can use some work.

:huh: What do you mean by "typical" Filipina? :unsure:

:o Wait! I get it! You think...Because your fiancee requires major dental work and...must also be.. her family has a mouth like a Jack o' lantern...sooo... You assume all Filipina's could sit on the front porch (with a candle in their mouth) during Halloween (to save money on Pumpkins every year). :rolleyes:

You need to rethink your assmuption...and rethink your stereo-typing. :bonk:

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

So you're wanting to hear from people who had known each other for a relatively short time, met once, got engaged and had a succesful petition and received the visa. For what purpose? There doesn't seem to really be a question on your part. If it is just to give you a sense of security that it does work in that scenario then yes, some people have done that and been fine. Some have also had long engagements and met several times and been denied. You say no one can dispute that you were actually there when you say you were (you'd be surprised what the consulate can and does dispute) so then you just need to get all your ducks in a row, submit the petition and move forward. You have decided on the way to go and it does work in many cases so focus on the getting the paperwork right and all will be fine.

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

More information...

Barriers to travel...

Commitment...

hello...

my fiancee and i met in person only once..that was january 2009...(i met him only oct.2008)...january 15 ,2009 when we had our engagement party wtih family and friends.

we started processing for our k1/k2 petition august 2010...(it took time due to my annulment).dec.30,2010 when our I-129F approved.and now...after yrs..of waiting..my daughter and i will fly to us on the 23rd of august.

good luck on your journey

hummmmm KIDNAPPED!!! why im still here????why other filipina fiancees and wives are still here and there and everywhere? we all are wearing engagement rings/wedding rings..but so far..no one ever kidnapped anyone :)

you're amazing one.you still have a lot to learn about filipino...CULTURE AND TRADITION..

good luck and hummmm

Timeline

hummmmm KIDNAPPED!!! why im still here????why other filipina fiancees and wives are still here and there and everywhere? we all are wearing engagement rings/wedding rings..but so far..no one ever kidnapped anyone :)

you're amazing one.you still have a lot to learn about filipino...CULTURE AND TRADITION..

good luck and hummmm

Why is the Philippines the kidnapping capital of the world? Why do all the western governments have travel warnings. Sure, I know it is safe for the most part but I prefer to use my judgement on the safety, not yours. If your so confident, go visit Jolo for your next vacation. It's really cheap there and say hello to Abu Sayyaf because he wants to meet the Westerner who is rich in their eyes.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If ure lady aint from Mindinao, then you aint got no business talking trash. mine is, against her protests I visited the heart of Muslim country, Illigan & Marawi. Still here, alive and well...

dont be a chicken, lets hear some more excuses why u didnt buy her a ring in the pines again. Your excuses are getting amusing. A simple gold band doesnt get anyone kidnapped...

Provided that she stands up to the grilling of the CO in Manila...

They don't grill them in Manila, they fry them! :jest:

Dale...You'll be fine with one visit. Save your vacation time for when she gets here. And for goodness sakes, don't send five kilos of chats and emails.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.