patricks

Is this offensive?

125 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I predict many people of all faiths/backgrounds will die.... it happens every day from various causes... death is not something mankind can escape ;)

Man, what would we do without you here to explain things to us.

24vs7qp.jpg

21ch82r.gif

"In our attempt to make everybody happy, we make nobody happy. And we lose elections." - Democratic activist Janice Griffin

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

does the Pope really represent the views of all catholics

Theoretically, shouldn't the answer to this be yes?

[/quot

Theoretically he represents the catholic faith. Theory is based on speculation, not necessarily reality and in this case, it is my hope that people realize these are the words of one man, not a popular belief of all he represents. My point really was not his authority to speak but more to the people who listen, in hope they realize, that to most, it really does not matter. Nothing more.

I-130

2006 09 06 Mailed I-130

2006 09 07 Rec'd at CA Center

2006 09 13 I-130 NOA1 receipt date

2006 11 22 NOA2, approved

2007 02 15 Case complete at NVC

2007 02 21 Case forwarded to Bogota Embassy

2007 02 23 Case received at Embassy

2007 04 12 Interview,VISA GRANTED

I-751- Removing Conditions

2009 04 08 Overnight Application

2009 04 09 Rec'd Application at CSC

2009 04 17 Rec'd NOA

2009 05 10 Called CSC - No Biometrix letter, 45 day Inquiry starts

2009 05 18 Made Info Pass appointment for June 2

2009 05 26 Rec'd response and copy of Bio Appt letter dated May 14, Appt on May 28

2009 05 27 Biometrix-walked in a day early and completed appointment

2009 06 01 Approved Conditions Removed (rec'd Congratulations letter on June 9)

2009 06 12 Touched but nothing changed on USCIS website

Filed: Other Country: Jordan
Timeline
What do you think..............

Take a vote, yes or no (NO MAYBE!)

"Show me just what Mohammed brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached."

pope 9/14/07

P

Yes it showes hatered and ignorance of Islam and History.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Its offensive in the sense that many use this sort of thing as a way of writing off an entire group that represents over 1 billion people worldwide.

Edited by erekose

much like lefties who write off people who disagree with them..

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

"Show me just what Mohammed brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached."

pope 9/14/07

P

Completely ignoring the fact that those words are NOT the Popes. He was quoting from a work written around 1344 or so.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

pope 9/14/07

P

Completely ignoring the fact that those words are NOT the Popes. He was quoting from a work written around 1344 or so.

right on platypius :thumbs: From the pope on sunday...

"These (words) were in fact a quotation from a Medieval text which do not in any way express my personal thought," Benedict told pilgrims at his summer palace outside Rome.

it offends me that the OP tried to attribute these words to the pope and did not put it in the proper context. the pope, at the time, specifically said they were a quote from a byzantine emperor. what is offensive is how the OP framed her question.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

:yes:

pope 9/14/06

P

the pope said that on sept. 14. 2006 in one of his speeches he gave while he was in germany.

he already apologized for it though. he didnt mean to offened nobody.

blackribbonsmall.png

Walk with the angels

let them keep you safe

we'll join you one day

in that wonderful place

stand on the clouds and never forget

we're holding on to you

in our memories and thoughts

until one day we'll meet again

Truly missed but never forgotten:

Diana

RIP 1982-08/2008

Verena

RIP 1983-03/2008

Daddy

RIP

"IMMIGRATION" PROCESS (TIMELINE):CLICK HERE

well.........

*ehem*

personally, i'm offended by this overwhelming pressure for the western world to accept islam as legitimate and good. since when is 'tolerance' equal to 'submission"?

do muslim leaders every single day say things that are offensive to Christians? you betcha. but......do you see millions of Christians rioting in the streets? do you see televised broadcasts of the beheadings of muslims who are captured and in prison?

of course, that's just my opinion, which, by the way, was solicited. :whistle:

f35qw2.gif

f35qif.gif

Click here to view our webpage!

jt179g.jpg

AOS Approved!! icon_woohoo.gif

Apply to remove conditions August 13, 2008!

Click here for our complete Immigration Timeline

2uhvevm.gif

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."--Author Unknown

It can be summed up in a single word: reciprocity. It means that if Muslims want to enjoy religious freedom in the West, then Christians should have an equal right to follow their faith in Islamic states, without fear of persecution.

f35qw2.gif

f35qif.gif

Click here to view our webpage!

jt179g.jpg

AOS Approved!! icon_woohoo.gif

Apply to remove conditions August 13, 2008!

Click here for our complete Immigration Timeline

2uhvevm.gif

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."--Author Unknown

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
It can be summed up in a single word: reciprocity. It means that if Muslims want to enjoy religious freedom in the West, then Christians should have an equal right to follow their faith in Islamic states, without fear of persecution.

One of the first signs of a toughening of the Vatican's stance came with the removal from office of Archbishop Michael Fitzgerald.

The British-born cleric ran a Vatican department that promoted dialogue with other religions. A distinguished scholar on Arab affairs, he was an acknowledged expert on the Islamic world.

The decision by Benedict XVI to remove him from his post, and send him to Egypt as papal nuncio, was widely seen as a demotion.

Some wondered about the wisdom of the move.

Father Thomas Reese, a Jesuit scholar and an authority on the workings of the Vatican, told the BBC news website of his concerns: "The Pope's worst decision so far has been the exiling of Archbishop Fitzgerald," he said in an interview in April this year.

"He was the smartest guy in the Vatican on relations with Muslims. You don't exile someone like that, you listen to them.

"If the Vatican says something dumb about Muslims, people will die in parts of Africa and churches will be burned in Indonesia, let alone what happens in the Middle East.

"It would be better for Pope Benedict to have Fitzgerald close to him."

It is often argued that a real dialogue with Islam requires an open debate, even at the risk of sometimes causing offence

That warning now seems prophetic.

Did nobody at the Vatican anticipate the way the Pope's words might be taken out of context, and the likely reaction?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I agree with you Dani :)

I don't have an issue with Islam. I have a problem with the Western world having to act so delicately around Muslims because they are so sensitive and volatile about their religion. And yet they show no respect or sensitivity towards the Christian world.

There has been sugggestions in recent years to cancel Easter celebrations in Govt schools in Australia because it offends the Muslim students and their families. Would they give the same consideration to a Christian person in the Middle East?? Wouldn't that be funny?!!!

Edited by michellek1976

"MOGADISHU, Somalia - An Italian nun was shot dead at a hospital by Somali gunmen Sunday, hours after a leading Muslim cleric condemned Pope Benedict XVI for his remarks on Islam and violence.

The nun, who was not immediately identified, was shot in the back at S.O.S. Hospital in northern Mogadishu by two gunmen, said Mohamed Yusuf, a doctor at the facility, which serves mothers and children. The nun’s bodyguard and a hospital worker were also killed, doctors said. "

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10693313/

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.