6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

we were granted both kids visas but mom got a waiver for smuggling the kids in!!! so now, does anyone have any ideas on how to make out the waiver packet? any help would be appreciated!

thank you everyone

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

go to immigrate2us.net they would be able to help you they have weivers forum and has lots of informantion and many ppl that have went throu it. Good luck :)

Edited by ateneaalexander

[*]june2009: met online

[*]july 28 2009: start dating

[*]october 09 2009: met in person

[*]oct 11 2009:he proposed :D i know crazy lol

[*]october 28 2009: deployment to iraq :(

[*]november 05 2010: visit to mexico for 20 days :D

[*]november 25 2010: last time i hold him :(

[*]january 18 2011: k-1 sent

[*]feb 09 2011:NOA1

[*]june 03 2011: NOA2 :D

[*]july 1st 2011: packet 3 yayy

[*]august 18 2011: interview! hoping for the best

[*]august 18 2011: APROVED :D

[*]sepyember 3 2011: POE

[*]september 6 2011: marriage yayy

jXxLm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

we were granted both kids visas but mom got a waiver for smuggling the kids in!!! so now, does anyone have any ideas on how to make out the waiver packet? any help would be appreciated!

thank you everyone

Woah! Details about this, please! Your profile and timeline indicates K3, which means the kids are getting K4 visas. Those are derivative visas. A derivative visa can't be issued unless the primary beneficiary's visa is issued. It's not possible to approve a K4 visa and deny the underlying K3 visa. Are you sure the kid's visas were actually approved?

Also, it sounds like mom got a waiver form. The waiver obviously hasn't been approved yet.

Next, the I-212 waiver is to ask for permission to reenter the United States after having been previously deported or removed. If she was being asked to submit a waiver application because she smuggled the kids in then that would be an I-601 waiver of inadmissibility. Was she previously kicked out of the US? She might need both an I-212 and an I-601. Fortunately, both require the same evidence of hardship to the US citizen petitioner. If you have sufficient evidence to get one approved then you have sufficient evidence to get the other approved, as well.

Hire a good lawyer with specific experience with I-212 and I-601 waivers. The last I heard, CDJ had an expedited waiver pilot program, which means they process waiver requests fairly quickly.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

sorry, i changed it to cr1. i was under the impression that it was a k visa but it was not

Woah! Details about this, please! Your profile and timeline indicates K3, which means the kids are getting K4 visas. Those are derivative visas. A derivative visa can't be issued unless the primary beneficiary's visa is issued. It's not possible to approve a K4 visa and deny the underlying K3 visa. Are you sure the kid's visas were actually approved?

Also, it sounds like mom got a waiver form. The waiver obviously hasn't been approved yet.

Next, the I-212 waiver is to ask for permission to reenter the United States after having been previously deported or removed. If she was being asked to submit a waiver application because she smuggled the kids in then that would be an I-601 waiver of inadmissibility. Was she previously kicked out of the US? She might need both an I-212 and an I-601. Fortunately, both require the same evidence of hardship to the US citizen petitioner. If you have sufficient evidence to get one approved then you have sufficient evidence to get the other approved, as well.

Hire a good lawyer with specific experience with I-212 and I-601 waivers. The last I heard, CDJ had an expedited waiver pilot program, which means they process waiver requests fairly quickly.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.