Kabigon

Checklist before sending I-129F and some final Questions

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hi everyone! I am ready to begin sending my original I-129F packet into the service center. I am planning to do so next week around Monday or Tuesday. I want to make sure I have everything, so can you make sure I have everything I need. My list in order (front to back) from what you see:

I have made two copies of everything (one for me to keep and one to send to my fiance later)

Payment Check for the Application

Cover Letter

I-129F Application

I-129F Supplement: Part B, Question 18, Explanation of Meeting In Person

G-325A Forms (Petitioner)

w/ passport photo (placed in a bag attached to sheet of paper, behind G-325A form)

G-325A and passport style photo (Beneficiary)

w/ passport photo (placed in a bag attached to sheet of paper, behind G-325A form)

Birth certificate (Petitioner)

Letter certifying intent to marry (Petitioner & Beneficiary)

Proof of having met in person in the past two years: All are copies,

Passport Stamps

Airline Itinerary

Airline Boarding Passes

Photographs (placed in a bag attached to sheet of paper)

Engagement Ring Receipt

Proof of ongoing relationship

Couple of pages of Emails

Being the extremely overally ####### person that I am, I always feel like I’m missing something. Anyways, I have some final questions.

-How should I send this? What carrier (UPS, FedEx) and what package options? Should I also get a tracking receipt or a “receive” receipt or anything?

-Anything else I should do/check?

Thanks! :)

Edited by Kabigon

From my perspective, it looks good.

You do have 4 signed G-325A's for both you and your Fiance, with original signatures. Correct?

You used the latest verison of the I-129F with IMBRA questions?

I would suggest USPS Priority or Express. You can track and they deliver to post office boxes.

On going relationship:

Phone bills

Have you sent her money ?? Western Union reciepts

Of course more emails.. Yahoo messenger chats..

I used Next Day UPS shipping.. and it got there fine yesterday and a gentleman by the last name of Freeman accepted it.. cost $23.99= priceless just to get the journey started..

Hi everyone! I am ready to begin sending my original I-129F packet into the service center. I am planning to do so next week around Monday or Tuesday. I want to make sure I have everything, so can you make sure I have everything I need. My list in order (front to back) from what you see:

I have made two copies of everything (one for me to keep and one to send to my fiance later)

Payment Check for the Application

Cover Letter

I-129F Application

I-129F Supplement: Part B, Question 18, Explanation of Meeting In Person

G-325A Forms (Petitioner)

G-325A and passport style photo (Beneficiary)

Birth certificate (Petitioner)

Letter certifying intent to marry (Petitioner & Beneficiary)

Proof of having met in person in the past two years: All are copies,

Passport Stamps

Airline Itinerary

Airline Boarding Passes

Photographs (placed in a bag attached to sheet of paper)

Engagement Ring Receipt

Proof of ongoing relationship

Couple of pages of Emails

Being the extremely overally ####### person that I am, I always feel like I’m missing something. Anyways, I have some final questions.

-How should I send this? What carrier (UPS, FedEx) and what package options? Should I also get a tracking receipt or a “receive” receipt or anything?

-Anything else I should do/check?

Thanks! :)

9/14 2006 I-129F Sent Next day Air

9/15 Recieved and signed for by "Freeman" at NSC

9/19 NOA1 CSC Recieved

9/25 Notice date Check cashed 9/25

9/28 I Recieved NOA1(I-797C) in the mail

12/5 NOA2 12/6 but Approved on 12/5 touch

12/9 Received NOA2(I-797) by snail mail

12/15 NVC has received it..Case # issued...

12/19 NVC shipped to Romania

12/22 Romanian Embassy has received an email from NVC that my Petition is on it's way...

12/29 Packet 3 sent to Veronica

1/12 2007 Packet 3 received Dang Holidays..

1/22 Sending all paperwork(I-134,Bank/Employer letters etc..,)..to Veronica per DHL, 3.5lbs...$144 WOW!

1/25 Recieved notice that She needs to pick up my packet in Chisinau..

1/26 Sending Back Packet 3

2/16 Transit Visa to go to Romania for the Interview approved..

2/20 Leaves for Bucharest overnight drive by bus...

2/21 Medical

2/22 Interview !!!! APPROVED !!!!!

3/9 2007 Flight to me....

4/7 2007 Married,,,

AOS

7/27 Sent I-485, I-864, I-765

7/30 Chicago Recieved I-485,I-765

Veronica is pregant....Due 4/17/08

9/1 Recieved NOA Bio appointment letter

9/8 Recieved NOA1's for both I-485 and I-765

9/18 Bio appointment

Received Green Card.. Nov 2007

Djuliann came 4/25/2008

I-751 Lifting Of Conditions

9/8/2009 Sent I-751

Received NOA 9/21 NOA Receipt Date 9/10/2009

9/24 received Bio letter Dated 9/18

10/9 Bio Appointment

10/23 Received Permanent Resident Card

N-400 2012

Filed for citizenship sent 2/21/2012

Chrisd,

You do not have to prove an ongoing relationship at this stage. Rather, that you have met within two years. The ongoing relationship evidence is for the Embassy/Consulate.

Second, USPS Express is $14 and change, arriving the next day.

On going relationship:

Phone bills

I used Next Day UPS shipping.. and it got there fine yesterday and a gentleman by the last name of Freeman accepted it.. cost $23.99= priceless just to get the journey started..

Edited by William33

Timeline
Chrisd,

You do not have to prove an ongoing relationship at this stage. Rather, that you have met within two years. The ongoing relationship evidence is for the Embassy/Consulate.

On going relationship:

Phone bills

Ah. I was thinking only providing a COUPLE of emails for NOW. And then later, sending the phone bills, chat logs, etc and more "ongoing relationship" details later... I just want to send a few emails just to let them have it. Do you think this will still be okay?

And yep, everything's latest. The I-129F has the IMBRA questions I believe (about the international broker one, right?).

Kabigon,

The primary evidence that you have indicated is: Passport copies, Airline ticket receipts and itinerary. If you have ATM receipts, credit card statements and so forth, showing activity in her country (or where she is), that would be good.

The e-mails do not prove that you have met within 2 years. It will not hurt to supply them, but they really don't add much value right now.

Yes, it appears you have the current I-129F.

Ah. I was thinking only providing a COUPLE of emails for NOW. And then later, sending the phone bills, chat logs, etc and more "ongoing relationship" details later... I just want to send a few emails just to let them have it. Do you think this will still be okay?

And yep, everything's latest. The I-129F has the IMBRA questions I believe (about the international broker one, right?).

Don't date the check for 9/8/08. It totally doesn't help.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Timeline
Kabigon,

The primary evidence that you have indicated is: Passport copies, Airline ticket receipts and itinerary. If you have ATM receipts, credit card statements and so forth, showing activity in her country (or where she is), that would be good.

The e-mails do not prove that you have met within 2 years. It will not hurt to supply them, but they really don't add much value right now.

Yes, it appears you have the current I-129F.

I don't have the ATM receipts, credit card statements, but I think that is still okay though as I provided enough evidence I believe.

I agree. I supplied the same amount of evidence as you and got approved.

I don't have the ATM receipts, credit card statements, but I think that is still okay though as I provided enough evidence I believe.

Just a reminder- did you list on the back of the photos the names of the people in the photos, the location and the date?

I sent mine certified. Left on a Friday morning, have a recieved date te next tuesday. You can track the cetified number and receive an email upon delivery.

Good luck on your journey. :thumbs:

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Timeline
Just a reminder- did you list on the back of the photos the names of the people in the photos, the location and the date?

I sent mine certified. Left on a Friday morning, have a recieved date te next tuesday. You can track the cetified number and receive an email upon delivery.

I don't have the location because I do not remember some of them and some of them were generic (like random hotels/malls), however I put the date and names as I think they are more important. I think this is still fine, though...

Edited by Kabigon

I don't have the location because I do not remember some of them and some of them were generic (like random hotels/malls), however I put the date and names as I think they are more important. I think this is still fine, though...

The location doesn't need to be that specific- the city would be sufficient.

Edited by mybackpages

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Mmmmm Live and learn... I'll use USPS next time.. Also I seem to read somewhere you need to supply proof of on going relationship info with the I-129F.. but maybe it was what I'm suppose to send her when approved.. Well can't send to much info I guess... Thanks!!!

Chrisd,

On going relationship:

Phone bills

9/14 2006 I-129F Sent Next day Air

9/15 Recieved and signed for by "Freeman" at NSC

9/19 NOA1 CSC Recieved

9/25 Notice date Check cashed 9/25

9/28 I Recieved NOA1(I-797C) in the mail

12/5 NOA2 12/6 but Approved on 12/5 touch

12/9 Received NOA2(I-797) by snail mail

12/15 NVC has received it..Case # issued...

12/19 NVC shipped to Romania

12/22 Romanian Embassy has received an email from NVC that my Petition is on it's way...

12/29 Packet 3 sent to Veronica

1/12 2007 Packet 3 received Dang Holidays..

1/22 Sending all paperwork(I-134,Bank/Employer letters etc..,)..to Veronica per DHL, 3.5lbs...$144 WOW!

1/25 Recieved notice that She needs to pick up my packet in Chisinau..

1/26 Sending Back Packet 3

2/16 Transit Visa to go to Romania for the Interview approved..

2/20 Leaves for Bucharest overnight drive by bus...

2/21 Medical

2/22 Interview !!!! APPROVED !!!!!

3/9 2007 Flight to me....

4/7 2007 Married,,,

AOS

7/27 Sent I-485, I-864, I-765

7/30 Chicago Recieved I-485,I-765

Veronica is pregant....Due 4/17/08

9/1 Recieved NOA Bio appointment letter

9/8 Recieved NOA1's for both I-485 and I-765

9/18 Bio appointment

Received Green Card.. Nov 2007

Djuliann came 4/25/2008

I-751 Lifting Of Conditions

9/8/2009 Sent I-751

Received NOA 9/21 NOA Receipt Date 9/10/2009

9/24 received Bio letter Dated 9/18

10/9 Bio Appointment

10/23 Received Permanent Resident Card

N-400 2012

Filed for citizenship sent 2/21/2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You do have 4 signed G-325A's for both you and your Fiance, with original signatures. Correct?

Uh oh. This makes me REALLY nervous. Because I didn't have time to finish my G-325A before I leave Maine on my last trip, when I got home I superimposed a scan of my signature onto the PDF and had my partner print it out for submission.

Are you basically saying I'm screwed and I'm going to get RFEd before we even get going? If so I'm tempted to print out and sign and send over another replacement set right now so it's ready the second we get rejected.

Uh oh. This makes me REALLY nervous. Because I didn't have time to finish my G-325A before I leave Maine on my last trip, when I got home I superimposed a scan of my signature onto the PDF and had my partner print it out for submission.

Are you basically saying I'm screwed and I'm going to get RFEd before we even get going? If so I'm tempted to print out and sign and send over another replacement set right now so it's ready the second we get rejected.

you can have another set ready to go but probably should wait for an RFE before sending them.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.