katzie

i miss the philippines

73 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one person's access to this thread has been revoked.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey sis,we have the same feelings right now,i been here 2 months ago,but still I feel homesick and alone,i really wanted to go back home,especially my husband got sick and only God knows when he will be healed,although I don't have filipina friend here which is near to me nor neighbor's that I can talk too,but I still think positive and knows that sooner or later everything will be fine..don't worry u will be ok soon and I am sure u can meet new friends in ur place...Godbless.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ay,gnun pla kya cya galit,,,,,explain mo sa kanya sis o d kya lambingin mo na lng asawa u,hayaan u maging ok din kayo,natural din nman sa mag asawa na minsan may hindi pagkakaintindihan ..gudluck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

A number of inappropriate comments have also been removed

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Homesickness is killing me right now..... I miss my family.. My friends... My Life.. :( ='(

Katzie, I was married to a Filipina for 30 years, I married when I was like 19, and I am engaged to a Filipina currently, so I know which what I am speaking....homesickness is a normal feeling, you should embrace that feeling and understand it, to understand that feeling is to understand yourself. Its perfectly healthy to feel as you do.

I can't speak about your husband, but to me its very important for you to become family with his family, especially if they are local. I would hope you can join a local church or temple that maybe your husband goes to...to join a gym, enroll in college, etc. You have to keep yourself busy and to become an American. You of course will never lose your Philippine identity at all, thats the beauty of being an American, you will be a Filipino/American...

I am not sure where you live, was it Texas? I live in Maryland, there are TONS of Filipino's here. The DC area is Filipino central. There are Filipino grocery stores, Filipino restaurants, and so forth. I've made literally hundreds of Filipino friends here over the years and you know Filipinos, they love to party. Its usually one of their kids birthday, but its really a party for adults, Filipino food in abundance, hahaha.

Once you go to one party, you network with more Filipinos and get to know them, then you will go to more parties and develop more friendships...I met a Filipina a couple of months ago at the store, she and her husband were Physical Therapists, just got here to Maryland. She was sure, very sure, there were NO Filipinos in our area, I ASSURED her they were plenty of Filipinos in the area, you just have to meet one, then you will meet their friends, etc, before you know it, you are in the Filipino community..its there, you just have to find it, lol. I gave her some phone numbers and I saw her recently at the gym and they have become comfortable here and made new friends, of all races and cultures.

Dish or DirecTV have Filipino TV channels also, to keep you in the loop on the Philippines, and you have the internet.

You will be ok, just keep your mind open to new experiences and your feelings are normal, just don't become too sad...you are here in America, you have unlimited potential....you are the only one that controls what you do with your potential.

Good luck, I know I am long winded...lol.

Actually just read entire thread, (yes I posted that previous one without reading whole thing)...he sounds like a douche bag to me. If you are married, do you have your green card? To me, if someone is abusive, mentally or physically, its their personality, and they will never change. It will prolly get worse.

As I said before, you are responsible for yourself. Him threatening to send you home is a control thing, as you know....he has no control over you, f-him. Take care of yourself.

Filed: Timeline

Actually just read entire thread, (yes I posted that previous one without reading whole thing)...he sounds like a douche bag to me. If you are married, do you have your green card? To me, if someone is abusive, mentally or physically, its their personality, and they will never change. It will prolly get worse.

As I said before, you are responsible for yourself. Him threatening to send you home is a control thing, as you know....he has no control over you, f-him. Take care of yourself.

If she is being abused, then she should go to the neighbors and call 911. However, a young girl from the Philippines coming to America may think all her dreams have come true, and be trying to keep that dream alive, while the man that brought her here may be trying to impress upon her the reality of the situation. For some Filipinas, that lesson is difficult, to say the least, when faced with disappointment. The reality is, she can't return home without facing the scorn of friends and family, and she can't accept the fact that one hundred dollar bills don't grow on trees lining the streets paved with gold.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

here's what really happened.. i married and loved a guy whom i thought he is.. 2 days after our marriage, he yelled at me called me ######.. shouting nasty rude stuff about filipina..he acted so weired..threw his stuff around and accidentally hit my feet with a thing.. i'm so scared.. i'm leaving in a room far from the city.. no public transportation..he doesn't even buy me foods.. i'm so lost right now... i wanna go home.:(

This is not a man. This is a monster. Leave him.

I feel very badly for you. I noted that you said he "accidentally" hit your feet with something while in a violent frenzy of verbal and physical abuse. The law would call that assault, not an accident. I hope you are not "accidentally" killed.

Filed: Timeline

This is not a man. This is a monster. Leave him.

I feel very badly for you. I noted that you said he "accidentally" hit your feet with something while in a violent frenzy of verbal and physical abuse. The law would call that assault, not an accident. I hope you are not "accidentally" killed.

Tough call to make, from long distance. But, yeah, go to the neighbors, call 911 and let the authorities sort it out.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.