katzie

i miss the philippines

73 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Homesickness is killing me right now..... I miss my family.. My friends... My Life.. :( ='(

How long have you been away from home? My wife has not been able to fly back home since arriving here over 4 years ago, and I know that misses her family and friends, however, she's since made a life for herself here, with new friends. If you haven't already, find other Filipinos in your area. Having a job here in the states will also help with the homesickness. Hope you can find some peace and contentment for the here and now. (F)

Homesickness is killing me right now..... I miss my family.. My friends... My Life.. :( ='(

I understand ur predicament sis.It is but a normal feeling especially if you are new here. But u should realize that once u committed yourself to marry this person u love,,this is another new journey for you.The journey of being with the one u love,,building a new life and family with him.

It was worst for me when i came here over 4 years ago coz i had to leave my two kids behind to be with my husband now.

Everything was planned according to God's will and his will were done. My kids are finally here with us with our 3 yr. old son .We are now a big, happy family.

if u miss life in the Philippines,,think ahead,,think of positive thoughts,,whatever will make u and ur husband happy and think of the future ahead.

Once uhave a baby or a job,,things will be more difficult coz u have to deal with not just the hubby but the kids and the job.

I am so blessed after all that we have been through..we ares till madly in love with each other.Good luck sis.

You need to go get an Xbox and get guitar hero! My wife plays with that when she starts thinking about home and it works for her. I know that it doesn't fix the big picture of being away from home, but when she gets down, she enjoys it to help her not be bummed. I know it's a silly suggestion, but it works for her. Time heals, even homesickness. The sun always rises and sets, lives will continue to be lived everywhere in the world. Make the best with yours, especially since we all only got one shot.

It can be difficult at first, the change and adjustments. But give it time... For my wife, this is home now. She feels she belongs here. She struggled at first too. Her having a job where she worked with other people closely from here helped her a lot too I think. She made this home. She also has Filipina friends from work and from church. I think that also makes it better for her some. But mostly just the fact that she made this her life and her home.

Edited by Brijo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

You need to go get an Xbox and get guitar hero! My wife plays with that when she starts thinking about home and it works for her. I know that it doesn't fix the big picture of being away from home, but when she gets down, she enjoys it to help her not be bummed. I know it's a silly suggestion, but it works for her. Time heals, even homesickness. The sun always rises and sets, lives will continue to be lived everywhere in the world. Make the best with yours, especially since we all only got one shot.

If you don't have a job and you are lonely and bored then I definitely agree with this.

Get an Xbox 360 and spend the $40 on a 1 year membership to Xbox Live.

Find a good war game (there are a lot of girls on there) like Halo 3 or Call of Duty.

Or guitar hero!

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you don't have a job and you are lonely and bored then I definitely agree with this.

Get an Xbox 360 and spend the $40 on a 1 year membership to Xbox Live.

Find a good war game (there are a lot of girls on there) like Halo 3 or Call of Duty.

Or guitar hero!

:no:

The new opiate of the masses

just pretend you bought an xbox and save the money for a trip to the Philippines

Timeline

you might check this out

http://www.pinoy101tv.blogspot.com/

I haven't tried it but it seems to be Philippino tv shows you can watch on the computer. and some radio shows also, you probably need a decent internet connection.

Timeline

How long have you been away from home? My wife has not been able to fly back home since arriving here over 4 years ago, and I know that misses her family and friends, however, she's since made a life for herself here, with new friends. If you haven't already, find other Filipinos in your area. Having a job here in the states will also help with the homesickness. Hope you can find some peace and contentment for the here and now. (F)

just a week.... :(thank you..

I FEEL THE SAME WAY TOO. BUT BE STRONG! PATIENTCE IS A VIRTUE, LOVE IS OUR MOTIVATION AND FAITH TO THE LORD IS OUR GUIDANCE. PRAY KA LANG LAGI AND KEEP YOUR HOPES UP! :)

thank you..

I understand ur predicament sis.It is but a normal feeling especially if you are new here. But u should realize that once u committed yourself to marry this person u love,,this is another new journey for you.The journey of being with the one u love,,building a new life and family with him.

It was worst for me when i came here over 4 years ago coz i had to leave my two kids behind to be with my husband now.

Everything was planned according to God's will and his will were done. My kids are finally here with us with our 3 yr. old son .We are now a big, happy family.

if u miss life in the Philippines,,think ahead,,think of positive thoughts,,whatever will make u and ur husband happy and think of the future ahead.

Once uhave a baby or a job,,things will be more difficult coz u have to deal with not just the hubby but the kids and the job.

I am so blessed after all that we have been through..we ares till madly in love with each other.Good luck sis.

thank you..sis..it's my first week here,,:( hope maka adjust na ako soon..

Timeline

yeah..i used to enjoy playing these stuff at home,,when i started playing here..i just started to cry,... i wish i'll get better soon..i love my husband.. i don't want him to see me sad..

It takes months to adjust, give it time!

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.