joe and korda

Totally confused!! Please help

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I just received the NOA2 approval letter and I am happy about that, but I am now more confused than ever.

It says,"The above petition has been approved, and forwarded to the listed consulate". The consulate is the

Bangkok US Embassy. Why did it not go to the NVC? How do we get a case number? I thought all fiance visa

approvals go to the NVC and then a case number is assigned. Then NVC sends it to the embassy. Has anyone else

had this happen? I have no idea what to do next. I called uscis and they just said, "your petition has been

approved and it is no longer in our system". USCIS could not give me any answers. I called the NVC to ask them

if this was normal and they said, "no, normally we get the case from uscis". They had no answer for me either.

Can anyone give me some information on what we should do? Thank you!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Laos
Timeline

my NOA2 says the same thing, it says that my petition has been forwarded to consulate in laos but it does make a stop at NVC so we can get out case number first. i just got my case number from NVC this past monday. don't worry, it's probably just formality for them to put that on the NOA2. everyone's NOA2 says the same thing.

I just received the NOA2 approval letter and I am happy about that, but I am now more confused than ever.

It says,"The above petition has been approved, and forwarded to the listed consulate". The consulate is the

Bangkok US Embassy. Why did it not go to the NVC? How do we get a case number? I thought all fiance visa

approvals go to the NVC and then a case number is assigned. Then NVC sends it to the embassy. Has anyone else

had this happen? I have no idea what to do next. I called uscis and they just said, "your petition has been

approved and it is no longer in our system". USCIS could not give me any answers. I called the NVC to ask them

if this was normal and they said, "no, normally we get the case from uscis". They had no answer for me either.

Its a canned letter so many of us get that. It stops at NVC and then goes to the embassy. It can take 2 to 4 weeks to get to NVC. USCIS never ever mentions NVC.

Congratulations and good luck

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Our NOA2 said the same thing, but the approved petition still had to make a pit stop at NVC. We were lucky: we got a case number two days later and it was forwarded to Manila two days after that, with the Embassy having record of it less than a week after NVC said it had been sent.

This language always causes confusion (it did with us) and this question has come up several times on VJ. The solution is usually to give it a few days and then call NVC to obtain the case number.

Take care and have a great day!

Joe and Ann

I would now start calling NVC once daily. Good luck.

AOS Journey

11-04-2011 sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

11-07-2011 delivered

11-08-2011 Date on text messages but did not receive until 11-22-2011

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

11-25-2011 Hard copies of NOA1s

12-06-2012 Pui's Brother unexpectly passes away and we make an info pass appointment and receive an emergancy AP so she can return home. Pui leaves for Thailand for 2 weeks.

12-06-2012 Get a text message and email that she received an RFE

12-12-2012 RFE for original birth certificate. I swear we sent it along with a certificate translation of it.

12-20-2012 Pui returns from Thailand.

12-21-2012 We send the RFE back for with original birth certificate along with a new certificate of translation(I had to wait for her to return for her to sign)

12-26-2012 text and email they have received the RFE.

12-29-2012 Appointment for biometrics is 01-23-2012

01-13-2012 AP is approved.

01-23-2012 Biometrics appointment. Later during the evening the text and email saying the EAD is approved.

01-31-2012 EAD/AP combo card arrives.

05-22-2012 Email and text card is in production!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I think the CR1s spend about a month at NVC paying the fees and submitting the visa application. I think for K1s you do that at the embassy so NVC is just a pit stop. Best of luck!

N-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

10/20/14...N-400 mailed to Phoenix
--/--/14.. N-400 packet received
--/--/14... Check cashed
--/--/14... NOA1 received (Priority Date 10/10/14)
---/---/14... Biometrics Letter received (Bio set for --/--/14)
---/---/14... Early walk-in for Biometrics (Tampa FL)
---/---/14... In line for interview
---/---/14... Interview completed
---/---/14... Oath letter received
---/---/14... Oath Ceremony!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.