Anon1111

RFE and Have not received AOS1 for I-130 but received AOS1 for I-485 and I-765

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hello fellow Visajourney users :)

I want to first thank you in advance for taking a look at my case and considering to help.

Well, without too much introduction I will explain my case.

My wife and I have sent the AOS Package on July 19th and they received it on July 22nd. My wife is a U.S. Citizen and I'm on an F visa.

The National Benefits Center (I'm assuming) sent my wife three e-notifications on July 26th on her cell phone AND her email saying that they have received my AOS package.

I think it was August 3rd or 4th that I received AOS 1 for I-485 AND I-765. But since there was no AOS 1 for I-130, I was wondering if something went wrong.

I was waiting for I-130 AOS 1 until now and I still haven't received it yet. I know that they send out AOS 1 to my wife's address but my wife filled out my address on I-130 for the mailing purpose since we are going to move in together to an apartment in 2 weeks.

Also, I got an RFE today and I'm praying to God that nothing went wrong.

They ask me for the joint sponsor's U.S. Citizen status, my wife's tax return form, and my birth certificate.

Proof of my joint sponsor's U.S. Citizen status and my birth certificate are not a problem since I can send them easily

However, my major concern is the federal income tax return form. My wife has been a full time student all her life and has not had to fill out a tax return form. She JUST got a part time job and she's been woring there for nearly a month now.

What am I supposed to mail them if my wife has never filed a tax return form? When she filled out I-864, she wrote no income and 0's for all of those.

Is this going to be a major problem?

Also, I'm wondering if the National Benefits Center know that my wife doesn't live with me right now and that's why they didn't send the AOS 1 for I-130?

Is my wife's address specifically registered to USPS?

Thank you for reading my long question and helping me :)

I don't know about the missing NOA1 (not AOS 1 :)) but you can include a statement that our wife was not required to file taxes because she had zero income. If you don't spell it out for them, they might have thought that YOU thought that since you had a co-sponsor you could put zeros when she really worked, or something like that. You don't really need the NOA 1 for I-130 so if you got the text messages it's fine. It could have gone to her house or maybe it was returned undeliverable because her name is not on your mailbox.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Oh yeah, I meant NOA 1 lol. Wow, I can't believe I typed AOS all the way through without realizing it.

And are you sure the United States Postal Service registers all the names to an address? I thought it didn't matter according to some friends who told me.

And I can write a letter to them saying that she didn't have to fill out the tax return just bc she was a full time student? Will that be sufficient?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Oh yeah, I meant NOA 1 lol. Wow, I can't believe I typed AOS all the way through without realizing it.

And are you sure the United States Postal Service registers all the names to an address? I thought it didn't matter according to some friends who told me.

And I can write a letter to them saying that she didn't have to fill out the tax return just bc she was a full time student? Will that be sufficient?

Along with some proof from her new job, like I said. That should do it... I really have no idea how to help more. Under which category have you filed for AOS?

27 NOV 2019 - I-129F mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.