16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi VJ members! My wife came in the US with a K1 visa on May 7, 2011, then on May 27, 2011 we got married. She filed her AOS on June 25, 2011 and on August 3, 2011 she received a letter from USCIS saying that their office can not complete her application because of some missing information. At the bottom if letter there is a box that is crossed out and it says "You submitted Form I-693, Medical Examination and Vaccination Record. However, the civil surgeon certified the exam more that one year before the date the applicant filed the Form I-485. The Form I-693 must be dated within one year of filing Form I-485.". This is not true because my wife's medical examination was dated 3-29-2011. Should we try to call USCIS and explain to them the situation or just mail them again the medical examination report with the letter that they sent us. Any comment or suggestion will be appreciated. Thank you...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

This is why I included the receipt from my medical to avoid them trying to pull garbage like this!

Does she have a receipt for payment of her medical or something she can prove she had the medical within a year? You will have to prove them wrong or they will just keep telling you to redo the medical to comply and complete the processing of her AOS.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

It sounds like she did not get a medical in the US, since her medical date is before her POE date. Her old medical may not be complete, and may require vaccination supplement in the US.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

I think she still has it. I know my wife is very good in keeping important document such as that. Thank you for the quick response at least now we know that there is one person who thinks that USCIS has made a mistake.

Timeline

It sounds like she did not get a medical in the US, since her medical date is before her POE date. Her old medical may not be complete, and may require vaccination supplement in the US.

No she did not get the medical examination in the US. I don't what are all the needed vaccination but her record shows she got I think 3 vaccinations. Do you where we can find the list of vaccinations needed? I almost forgot to thank you. Thank you for giving us an idea of what might be the problem.

Edited by mike_d_godfather

I think the RFE is worded poorly, which is a big problem. If people don't know what to do, how can they fix it?

You never sent in a I-693, so why are they talking about it? It makes no sense.

I am going to guess that you need to go to a Civil Surgeon and get a Vaccine Transcription on form I-693. If your fiancee got some shots at home, it may be time to get the second in a series before she can go on. A clue might be on her old medical. Does it say "incomplete" on the vaccine part?

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Timeline

I think the RFE is worded poorly, which is a big problem. If people don't know what to do, how can they fix it?

You never sent in a I-693, so why are they talking about it? It makes no sense.

I am going to guess that you need to go to a Civil Surgeon and get a Vaccine Transcription on form I-693. If your fiancee got some shots at home, it may be time to get the second in a series before she can go on. A clue might be on her old medical. Does it say "incomplete" on the vaccine part?

We did send a Form I-693 and we attached my wife's Vaccination Documentation Worksheet form DS-3025. At the bottom of the worksheet just below results I can see two checked boxes the first one says "Vaccination History Complete" and other one says "Appicat may be eligible for blanket waiver(s) because vaccination(s) not medically appropriate (as Indicated Above)."

Was the I-693 filled out by a Civil Surgeon? Did they use an outdated form (they update them every so often)?

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Timeline

Was the I-693 filled out by a Civil Surgeon? Did they use an outdated form (they update them every so often)?

It was not filled out by a civil surgeon. Now I don't know what we did is right or wrong. So my wife filled out all information about her on the Form I-693 and then we left all other pages blank that says to be filled out by a civil surgeon and then attached her Vaccination Documentation Worksheet (DS-3025). We did not know that the Form I-693 should be validated by a civil surgeon if you are K1 fiancée visa adjusting your status. On page 4 of Form I-485 item #8 "For K1 fiancée dependent who had medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement Not the entire report." and this is what we did.

The vaccination supplement ( I-693) needs to be filled out by a Civil Surgeon and sealed by him/her. That is the issue. For just the vaccine part, it should cost less than $50.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Timeline

The vaccination supplement ( I-693) needs to be filled out by a Civil Surgeon and sealed by him/her. That is the issue. For just the vaccine part, it should cost less than $50.

Oh I see... Wow that was a long conversation. Thank you very much for your time, now we got it. We really appreciate all your information. Thank you and god bless!

Last note: Keep in mind that some Civil Surgeons might not be familiar with K-1s and will want you to do a full medical. Keep calling around until you find one who will do only vaccine supplement for you. Good luck.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Timeline

Last note: Keep in mind that some Civil Surgeons might not be familiar with K-1s and will want you to do a full medical. Keep calling around until you find one who will do only vaccine supplement for you. Good luck.

Thanks for the tip!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

There you go, problem solved. Go look for a Civil Surgeon. You can use the CS office locator on USCIS website. Google it, it will come up first and pick a few of them. Call them and explain your situation as best as you can. :)

Edited by Ella & Octav

27 NOV 2019 - I-129F mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.