heyray

I have a question for fellow K1'ers

83 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

we met on xbox live playing call of Duty

Adjustment of status after K1 visa ClockWatch2.gif

2013-08-12 (Day 1 ) - Sent my Aos package for work permit and green Card

2013-08-20 (DAY 8) Noa1 received via Text around 11pm, next day was email. Received my case numbers

2013-08-23 (Day 11)- received hard copy in mail for Noa1 gc , Work permit

2013-08-30 (Day 18) Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail.

2013-09-17 (Day 25) biometrics appointment day @2pm Detriot

2013-09-25 (Day 33) received text and email , I485 changed to testing and interview

2013-10-02 (Day 40) received text message and email @7am about my interview date

2013-10-04 (Day 42) Received hard copy interview letter in the mail

2013-10-10 (Day 48) Work permit Card in production

2013-10-16 (Day 54) 2nd Text and email @830am Work permit in Production

2013-10-21 (Day 59) text/email notice 10am . Work Permit sent

2013-10-21(Day 59)Text/ email @9pm received text with tracking number -2 day delievery

2013-10-24(Day 62) received my work permit in the mail.

2013-10-25 Filled for my Social Security number today

2013-11-05 (Day 74) Interview November 5th (1.40pm)...... APPROVED!! kicking.gif

2013-11-05(Day 74) Text and Email - Green card in Production @2.30pm

2013-11-05 (Day 74) Text and email @8.15pm Mailed notice that i am a registered permanent resident

2013-11-07 (Day 76) 2nd Text and email @11.30am - green card in production

2013-11-09 (Day 78) Welcome letter received - WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!

2013-11-12 (Day 81) - Received text and email - Green card sent @1.15pm

2013-11-12 (Day 81) @9pm received text and email - with UPS tracking number - For Green card

2013-11-15 (Day 84) Green card Received dancin5hr.gif

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We met on a language exchange penal site called Interpals. Her photo came up on a random view of users on line. I said hello and commented on her profile. We began exchanging messages. I can not say it was love at first sight because it was about a month before she ever saw a photo of me! We did feel a strong connection and soon after seeing a picture of me our romance followed.

I know people seem to have it out for interpals :P NOT FOR PRISONERS!! It's a "penpal" site haha. This is our story as well. I got on there, wrote down his language as one I was interested in learning due to my family background, and it would show me speakers of that language for "language exchange." I saw his picture out of the corner of my eye and it was incredibly cute and attractive to me, so I commented something to this effect (I can't believe I did that haha, it must have been fate guiding me). Anyway I'm so glad I did because we've been inseparable since then!

With my story and many of those before me, you have to wonder how much a part fate played in these chance encounters. Out of all the people on that site, we both joined within a few days of one another and happened to meet (thanks exclusively to my moment of craziness). I couldn't do it again if I tried! We had no idea what we were getting into with this process (apparently I thought it was like the days of WWII), but it's worth it absolutely and I can't wait to marry my fiance!

34e24bq.jpg

AOS Journey

Date Filed: 12-12-2011

NOA Date: 12-15-2011

Biometrics: 1-20-2012

Transfer: 1-13-2012

Congressional inquiry made: 7-26-2012

Approval!: 8-01-2012

Currently: BLISSFUL NOTHINGNESS!!

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

My fiance and I met through a friend. They both played an online game called Utopia (him in Scotland, my friend in Maryland. My friend told me she met a really great guy but he lived kind of far away... she also told him about me. Neither of us wanted a relationship at the time but to appease her, we started emailing. I was in love almost immediately and so was he. He came out 3 months later for three weeks and it was amazing!!! I got scared of the long distance (had never done it before) and broke up with him (not b/c I didn't love him). We went a few years without seeing each other but we talked all the time. Last year, I told him he needed to come back here b/c I think he's the one. He did!! We fell in love all over again! I then went to Scotland a few months later and that's when we got engaged, on top of Berwick Law in North Berwick. It was the most perfect proposal EVER and I am so in love with him!!!!!! I sometimes regret the time we spent not together, but in the end, I believe everything happens for a reason. It wasn't our time then but it is NOW!!!! I couldn't be happier!

I wish the best for everyone on here and I hope you all have a love like mine!!!!! (L)(L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

My Fiancee and are both from the landlocked country of south america Bolivia. I was raised in USA and she was raised in Brazil. As part of Bolivian culture we began dancing folkloric dances from our country, i was living in New Jersey and her in Sao Paulo. By chance I joined a folkloric dance fraternity in USA which also existed in SP Brazil. We happen to travel to the Carnaval of Oruro in Bolivia at the same time only to meet up in the same fraternity and dance the same dance. from there on we fell in love with each other, more because we were so culturally involved with our heritage/roots. Cant wait to have her here

United-States-of-America-LH.gif Bryan and Isabel Brazil-Brasília-National-Flag-RH.gif

Gonzalez

Our Timeline

03/02/2011 - Engaged

USCIS / VSC

12/20/2011: Sent I-129F to Dallas Lockbox

02/16/2012: NOA1 Received, Forwarded to Vermont Service Center

XX/XX/2012: NOA2

NVC

XX/XX/2012: NVC received

XX/XX/2012: Case number

US Embassy Rio De Janeiro

XX/XX/2012: Embassy received

XX/XX/2012: Medical

XX/XX/2012: Interview

XX/XX/2012: Visa in hand

XX/XX/2012: POE Newark, New Jersey

FkP5m4.png

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

It was 1988 and I was on semester break from my university in Darwin, so I thought I would go down the Katherine...In the middle of no where...hot as buggery and full of flies...but a dear friend of mine was working down there and I really wanted to catch up and have a few beers....All my mates in Darwin kept thinking I must be mad to go there...but I just had to go...get away from the Darwin scene...once I finally arrived to her house after the long 4 hour trip...she announced how she had been called into work at the resort where she was a matre de. Instead of staying home to wait for her while she did a quick hour or so, I went into work with her and sat up the bar yapping to the barman in the restuarant....

Then in he struts...' mr gods gift' looked like he had just come off the tennis court...he tried so hard to get my attention...but no way...he looked to full of himself to me...then as I went to the bathroom, i missed him....#######? Couldnt wait to get out and see him again and whilst I hadnt said a word to him yet...I just couldnt stand the thought of him not being there

well he was there....he smilled I smilled and then I fell in love...then I allowed him to talk to me...'oh ###### dont tell me your a pom', I said....hahaha...damn yank didnt get the joke, still not getting most of them.....typical......but it was another 4 chance meetings like this before, and another 17 years before we finally got it.....we really could not live life without each other eva again.

I was just chatting to my fiancee on Facebook,it is our main form of communication besides the many phone calls everyday. And we were wondering just how my fellow K1 visa applicants met. For us, she randomly friended me on Facebook. She was looking for someone else who has a rangers job, and saw my profile and picture and thought I seemed interesting. Since then we have chatted almost daily, sometimes for 4 or 5 hours a day.

So my question is..just for interests sake.....HOW DID YOU MEET THE PERSON YOU WANT TO SPEND THE REST OF YOUR LIFE WITH?

Same way you two did! I randomly friended my husband on Facebook because he lived in Dubai and I was planning a trip there. He happened to be a tour guide and thought I may be a potential client! We started talking and one thing led to another and here we are, happily married and still in shock that something so simple and innocent turned into something so wonderful.

Great topic starter by the way. :thumbs:

12-27-2010: I-129F arrived at USCIS sent packet on 12/23

12-29-2010: Notice date on NOA1

12-31-2010: Check cleared

01-02-2011: NOA1 received via SMS & E-Mail

01-06-2011: NOA1 hardcopy received via USPS[/color]

2-17-2011:Touched

04/12/2011:NOA2!!!!!

4-18-11: Received by NVC

4-20-11: Left NVC

4-24-11: Received by the consulate in Abu Dhabi

4-27-11:Received both packet 3 & 4 via e-mail from Abu Dhabi

7-25-11:Interview date-Administrative Processing

8-3-11:Administrative Processing ended - APPROVED!!!!!! :D

8-25-11:POE-SFO

9-10-11:Married!!!

9-26-11:Sent AOS Packet

10-6-11:Received NOA1s via text and E-mail

10-9-11:NOA1 hardcopies received, along with biometrics appointment letter

10-25-11:Biometrics Appointment

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I met my Honey Bunny on eHarmony.com last november :)

we started to email.. then we go on skype.. skype has been great.. i get to "see" her everyday..!!

in Jan. she decided to come visit me.. !! we had a great time in Austin, Texas.. then i finally returned the Trip August!! Venezuela is a beautiful country.. !! she will come back in Dec/Jan for about a month and change.. i hope to go back to VENZ when i have more Vacation time!!

we have been discussing out future and options to be together.. K1 is our best option.. how ever we are not really OFFICIALLY engaged.. yet :(

she wants to get Married in VEGAS!! :) but first..

i need to talk to her Mom and Dad and ask their permission.. over SKYPE video chat.. LOL don't you just love Technology! :)

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I was just chatting to my fiancee on Facebook,it is our main form of communication besides the many phone calls everyday. And we were wondering just how my fellow K1 visa applicants met. For us, she randomly friended me on Facebook. She was looking for someone else who has a rangers job, and saw my profile and picture and thought I seemed interesting. Since then we have chatted almost daily, sometimes for 4 or 5 hours a day.

So my question is..just for interests sake.....HOW DID YOU MEET THE PERSON YOU WANT TO SPEND THE REST OF YOUR LIFE WITH?

By accident when we were both traveling to Prague from Ukraine on business, in line to buy bus tickets from the airport to the city. Luckiest day of her life! She fell for me right away! Who could balme her? :P

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.