S_R

K1: What's In A Consular Return Memorandum?

23 posts in this topic

list of consular allegations quoted in Notice of Intention to Revoke (NOIR's)

Photographs submitted as evidence of the relationship indicate that the petitioner and the beneficiary have spent only two or three days together.

The beneficiary and the petitioner did not have an engagement ceremony. This contradicts local, social and cultural norms in which many family members and friends are invited to engagement celebrations numbering in the hundreds of guest for even families of modest means.

The beneficiary is unaware of the basic facts of the petitioner's occupational background. She does not know the name of the petitioner's immediate supervisor. The beneficiary is unaware of the basic facts of the petitioner's occupational background. She does not know the name of any of petitioner's co-workers.

The beneficiary is unaware of the petitioner's day-to-day social contacts.

"The consulate official noted the petitioner is nineteen years older than the beneficiary." There appears to be a communication issue between the couple. The beneficiary submitted letters as evidence of communications. The consulate officer reported an individual signed the letters as ______. The beneficiary claimed that "______" is the petitioner's nickname."

The consulate reported that the beneficiary provided insufficient evidence of a bona fide spousal relationship. Written correspondence submitted as evidence of communication consisted of only one letter.

All of beneficiary's phone calls to the United States were made to an unlisted cell phone.

During the interview, beneficiary stated that she was introduced to the petitioner over the phone by her cousin. The petitioner and her cousin are alleged to be co-workers.

During her consular interview, the beneficiary was unable to answer basic questions about petitioner's family and failed to submit sufficient verifiable evidence to support an ongoing and bona fide spousal relationship with petitioner.

During her consular interview, the beneficiary failed to submit sufficient verifiable evidence to support an ongoing and bona fide spousal relationship with petitioner.

The beneficiary stated that the petitioner proposed in March, 2007, immediately after stepping off the airplane during the petitioner's first visit. The petitioner and the beneficiary were married 19 days later."

The beneficiary claimed that he talked to the petitioner every few days on the phone, but he did not know what the petitioner did last week-end.

The beneficiary divorced her ex-spouse within one year of marrying the petitioner.

The petitioner and beneficiary got married during the petitioner's first visit. The duration of petitioner's entire trip was brief.

The petitioner and the beneficiary do not share a common language

....All your Negative Energy Feeds Cancer!

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Thanks for this incredible information.

K-1 Time Line

Service Center:_California Service Center

Consulate: _Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent: _2011-03-20

I-129F NOA1:_ 2011-03-30

I-129F NOA2:_2011-06-18

NVC Received: _2011-07-19

NVC Left:_2011-07-20

Consulate Received:_2011-07-25

Packet 3 Received: _2011-07-28

Packet 3 Sent: _2011-07-29

Packet 4 Received:_ 2011-08-09

Interview Date: _ 2011-08-24

Interview Result:_ Approved(After 3 weeks AP)

Visa Received:_2011-09-21

US Entry:_@ JFK 2011-11-16

Marriage: _2011-12-20

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed: _2012-02-07

NOA Date: _2012-02-13

Bio. Appt. Notice recieved_2012-02-17

Bio. Appt.:2012-03-12@ 8:00 AM in Columbus OH

Bio Done:2012-03-05 WALK IN- Columbus OH

State ID: 2012-03-05

DL Permit: 2012-03-08

AOS Transfer: 2012-03-14

AOS Touched @ USCIS: 2012-03-21

EAD/AP Approved & Card Producton: 2012-04-03

EAD/AP on Hand:2012-04-11

AOS_RFE: 2012-09-28

RFE Sent: 2012-11-09

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Oh wow!

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

The Department of State has for many years, taken the position that applying for a benefit, being found ineligible for that benefit, and having USCIS revoke the petition for that benefit, somehow constitutes a material misrepresentation by the beneficiary. It's really that simple.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

"During the interview, beneficiary stated that she was introduced to the petitioner over the phone by her cousin. The petitioner and her cousin are alleged to be co-workers."

I met my fiance when I used to work with her brother (he is a GC holder in the US and she was visiting him). I still consider him one of my best friends although we now work for different companies. Is this a problem?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The getting married on the first ( short ) visit is a big red flag in Lagos. Many USC's don't have the money or time off from work to travel frequently ( a cheap RT ticket is about 1300 and high season is 2400 or so ) Also the Nigerian urban myth is that being married makes it easier. So many uninformed couples plan one short trip to meet and marry and don't do anymore before the interview.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

"During the interview, beneficiary stated that she was introduced to the petitioner over the phone by her cousin. The petitioner and her cousin are alleged to be co-workers."

I met my fiance when I used to work with her brother (he is a GC holder in the US and she was visiting him). I still consider him one of my best friends although we now work for different companies. Is this a problem?

I hope it doesn't apply to your individual case but you can take these salient points under advisory. They are ALL actual NOIR's from US consulates. Wish you Gods speed.

event.png

The getting married on the first ( short ) visit is a big red flag in Lagos. Many USC's don't have the money or time off from work to travel frequently ( a cheap RT ticket is about 1300 and high season is 2400 or so ) Also the Nigerian urban myth is that being married makes it easier. So many uninformed couples plan one short trip to meet and marry and don't do anymore before the interview.

As we can see from the list Consulates can allege almost anything and if the petition is revoked - the consulate wins. And the US Citizen's family loses. There is no re-examination triggered by the filing of a new petition. The inadmissibility finding is still there. And the only way around it is a discretionary waiver.

What is a Material Misrepresentation Anyway?

Let's go down the list.

…a misrepresentation is an assertion or manifestation not in accordance with the facts."

Looking at the list of consular allegations provided, which of those meets this criterion?

"Willfully": In order to find the element of willfulness, it must be determined that the alien was fully aware of the nature of the information sought and knowingly, intentionally, and deliberately made an untrue statement."

Once again, look at the consular list of reasons provided, which of those is allegations by a consulate is a 'willful untruth'?

What is "material"?

(1) The alien is inadmissible on the true facts; or

(2) The misrepresentation tends to shut off a line of inquiry which is relevant to the alien's eligibility and which might well have resulted in a proper determination that he or she be inadmissible.

Which of those allegations I quoted would make a beneficiary inadmissible on the facts? Which would shut off a line of inquiry by a consular officer?

What's the Solution?

The partial solution is for Department of State to halt the practice of spinning these 212(a)(6)©(i) findings out of p6c markers, merely because a petition has been revoked. This has caused untold damage to hundreds, if not thousands of American families. And it is without legal justification.

If US Citizens or their loved ones, are accused by their government of lying, at the very least, that accuser ought to be required to point out exactly what the lie was. But consulates can't do that. And most of the time, there is no lie in the record and there never was. There is only a computer entry showing a petition has been revoked. That's all.

How does the integrity of the system benefit from this? US Citizen petitioners and their families certainly don't benefit. USCIS doesn't benefit. After all, DOS is increasing its workload and bogging the agency down in needless litigation.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you for this very useful information!!

Picture4.jpg

Picture5.jpg

----------------------------------------

K-1 Journey (I-129F)

09/10/2010 ----- Filing date of I-129 F

09/22/2010 ----- NOA 1

02/22/2011 ----- Case being adjudicated

02/28/2011 ----- RFE, Waiver to file 2nd K-1 petition

03/04/2011 ----- RFE reply sent

03/08/2011 ----- RFE received and being reviewed at USCIS

03/17/2011 ----- NOA2 (I-129F approved)

03/23/2011 ----- NOA2 hard copy received

03/29/2011 ----- NVC received our Case

04/04/2011 ----- NVC letter received and case forwarded to US embassy Manila

04/08/2011 ----- US Embassy Manila received our case (Consulate)

04/15/2011 ----- Paid VISA at BPI

04/16/2011 ----- Received Eligibility Letter from US Embassy Manila dated April 8, 2011

04/25/2011 ----- 1st day of Medical

04/26/2011 ----- 2nd day of Medical (I PASSED!! Thank you Lord!!)

05/13/2011 ----- Interview (221g - Case under Administrative Processing "AP")

08/12/2011 ----- Received an email from the embassy "Case is pending review by a consular officer"

----------------------------------------

My blog: All about my writings and essays

I hope & pray it doesn't apply to your individual case but you can take these salient points under advisory. They are ALL actual NOIR's from US consulates.Read more courtesy;

www.ilw.com

http://www.justice.gov/eoir/vll/intdec/vol17/2716.pdf

Wish you Gods speed in your journey.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.