ateneaalexander

i wanna cancel the fiancee visa but its already at the embassy

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

so me and my fiance not doing good he been really mean to me and kind of disrespectful saying i piss him off and i give ####### to him! but i really dont know how, sometimes it feels like he hates me :/ and when i tell him how i feel he just call me a kid but i dont feel love and hate feeling like this. It sucks because we made it this far but im not willing to keep going it seems like he just with me because of the visa and he had put time and money in this just like me!. My question is hes the only one who can withdraw the visa? could i just not go to the interview ? or will this cause me problems? HELP plz

Hey can you guys talk about it at least i wish you guys still can work things out my munchy and i was at the same thing but i just cant afford another relationship coz i am not like that i dont want everything we have made and the work we have done time money and emotional attachment is what we dont want to waste ... dont mind about it its just the distance hunny try to work thinsg out for the both of you ...

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Are you in the USA or are you in Mexico...your post is very confusing because it is not clear if you are the US citizen or are you in Mexico.

It is VERY EASY to cancel the process. BUT are to 100000000% Million percent sure this is for sure what you want? We all go through bad times in relationships, that is normal but if arguments become CONSTANT withn a CONTINUING pattern, then it is a problem. Is this the case. Have you had time to talk...I mean TALK..heart to heart. You see, stoping the fiance visa process is very easy...but starting it agian is VERY difficult and time consuming, so you really need to be sure if the relationship will not work before you do anything impulsive.

Good luck.

Edited by lovepath

u better talk your fiancee first and settle your misunderstanding.its better that u two talk and be clear things regarding your relationship if where it will go through.and ask him first if he still want you to get your visa and attend your interview after bad things goes out regarding both of you.then if he say hes OVER then be it..TALK TO HIM since us till have enough time to decide to cancell the interview or not...CONFRONT HIM FIRST...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

this is sad news but i hope you don't do anything or make major decision base on feelings. you need to think it through. and yes, i agree with most of the vjs here that you guys communicate first before you decide to do anything.

but i am also with you that he shouldn't be rude or mean to you like that unless you are also being like that to him? if he is reacting this way with no apparent reason then it's not good. if you guys can still work it out, then work it out with him if you truly love him and if he truly loves you. then proceed with the process.

If not, then just let go. But try to separate peacefully or in good terms because if you still want to go to the US, you wouldn't want your identity tainted or something. Im just thinking, he could report something bad against you when he cancels or withdraws the petition. Remember, he is still the petitioner. Sorry, im just thinking ahead. But if he's not the type who would do that, then that's good.

hoping for the best for you both.

06/03/2010 - Engagement - Our Story

10/25/2010 - Filed I-129F - The Process

11/02/2010 - Received Notice from USCIS

04/20/2011 - Petition approved - My Experience

05/10/2011 - Received confirmation letter from USEM

05/30-31/2011 - Medical/Physical Examination - My Experience

06/15/2011 - USEM Interview (under 221g) - My Experience

06/20/2011 - Submitted docs via 2go

06/23/2011 - Docs forwarded to the consul

07/11/2011 - VISA APPROVED!!!!PRAISE GOD!!

07/14/2011 - VISA DELIVERED! HAPPY BLESSED DAY!

07/22/2011 - CFO Guidance & Counseling Seminar - My Experience

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

i hope that you guys do talk first. Towards the end of this process it gets really stressful for both persons even though one of them is not moving. I suggest you talk calmly to your fiance and than make the decision.

[font="Century Gothic"]Married March 27, 2010
Sent out I-130 December 29, 2010
Recieved NOA 1 January 4, 2011
Touched January 6, 2011
Recieved NOA 2 May 9, 2011
Interview September 27, 2011
Visa in hand Septmeber 30, 2011 (it would of been the same day as the interview but they requested some more info)
POE - JFK, NYC October 12, 2011 [/font]

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;0;23/st/20100327/e/Since+our+wedding/k/ccbb/event.png[/img]
[/url]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

so me and my fiance not doing good he been really mean to me and kind of disrespectful saying i piss him off and i give ####### to him! but i really dont know how, sometimes it feels like he hates me :/ and when i tell him how i feel he just call me a kid but i dont feel love and hate feeling like this. It sucks because we made it this far but im not willing to keep going it seems like he just with me because of the visa and he had put time and money in this just like me!. My question is hes the only one who can withdraw the visa? could i just not go to the interview ? or will this cause me problems? HELP plz

I was just looking at your profile. Your post about your relationship indicates you've fought before and that you're really young. :) All relationships have some fights sometimes, misunderstandings, bad days. This process is very stressful on both parties. Having a partner who's in service is also stressful on a relationship. Gather the paperwork you need for your interview but while you're doing so, really think about whether you want to be with this man. Talk to him about how you're feeling and talk to him about whether or not this is what you both want to continue doing. If you don't go to your interview and you change your mind about this, getting back on track will probably be more difficult. Once you have your visa in your hand, you will have time to decide before you use it. Nothing says you must use it the day it arrives in the mail. Also remember that there's more stress once you come to the US to be with him. In the end only you can decide if your relationship with this man is what you really want.

Filed: Timeline

This is a long process that puts a lot of pressure on people. Be careful which whatever decision you take. Don't let the anger take a decision for you which you could regret later.

Does your fiance know how he makes you feel? Does he know you want to end the K1 process? Before you do anything I suggest you to be the most honest with him,talk to him, let him know all the feelings you have for him, and also tell him that his disrespectful behaviour is something you don't want to have to deal for the rest of your life.

Communication and honesty is one of the most important keys for a relationship to work. People say things that hurts without really meaning it. Don't let a little fight ruin something that could be fixed along the way.

Also you are in a relationship and you both have to take this decision, wouldn't you wan to know what he thinks about you doing all this? Do not let you be the one taking this deission cuz he could blame you for the rest of your life.

At the end if both of you decide it is the best option, you and him could officially end the K1 process.

I hope the best for you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

You can skip the interview and the application will eventually expire. I don't think it will affect you in any way. If you are asked about it with another fiance, you will just be honest and explain what happened.

I have been through a similar situation with my current fiance and another ex-fiance. They inquired to my spouse about my application and she responded honestly. I am completely honest with her.

If you are concerned about doing everything correctly, then talk to your fiance regarding your concerns. If things are salvageable then work them out and postpone the interview. If you are not interested at all, then tell him and have him write a letter to cancel the process. You or him can send them an email with your names, case number, and birth dates and tell them that you have to cancel the interview.

09/08/2008 - Began emailing each other

07/04/2010 - Began communicating regularly

12/25/2010 - Met in Australia for holidays

12/27/2010 - Became engaged in Margaret River

01/20/2011 - Purchased ticket to visit her in Colombia

01/29/2011 - I-129F Sent

01/31/2011 - I-129F received and signed by USCIS

02/09/2011 - Check cleared bank

02/11/2011 - Received NOA1

02/14/2011 - Touched

02/17/2011 - Service Request response received

03/02/2011 - I-129F Approved

03/08/2011 - Received NOA2 approval letter

03/21/2011 - Case forwarded to Bogota

03/24/2011 - Received NVC letter. Sent email to Bogota Embassy.

03/25/2011 - Received response from embassy to download instruction package.

03/30/2011 - Emailed fiancee DS-230 & DS-2100 to embassy for interview.

03/31/2011 - Received confirmation of documents submitted to embassy.

05/10/2011 - Visa interview scheduled but later postponed by us.

07/19/2011 - Visa Approved

07/30/2011 - Visa picked up at Domesa office.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Not that this would change your mind, but have you told your boyfriend that you want to stop the process? I don't think you mentioned whether he knows or not. Granted we do all say some things sometimes that we don't really mean so strongly when we are upset and worried and angry, but if you feel that he crossed a line and said things that should never be said even in anger, then it's better to recognize that now instead of a thousand regrets later.

I don't recommend going to the interview unless you feel there is a possibility for reconciliation. So unless you live near Ciudad Juarez and it wouldn't be an inconvenience to go there, then it's DEFINITELY not worth the flight money, hotel and food money, boredom there waiting, heat and general difficulty of being in a very dangerous city.

Also... you could always call up the embassy to tell them you want to reschedule the date of the interview. This would allow for you to have some more time if you need to think about whether you really want to end it or not. They won't charge you to reschedule it, and you can even reschedule several times. You have up to 2 days before the interview (and ASC appointment) to reschedule.

Best of luck.

07.24.09 Met in Mexico.

03.18.10 Began dating via internet.

07.10.10 Arrived in Mexico, 2nd trip.

12.16.10 Returned home to US. Last time I've seen him :(

12.20.10 I-129f sent to Dallas.

12.28.10 I-129f received.

12.30.10 NOA1

05.04.11 NOA2

05.07.11 Received hardcopy NOA2 in the mail.

05.31.11 NVC receive.

06.02.11 NVC sent.

06.02.11 Consulate Received.

06.13.11 Packet 3 Received.

06.13.11 Packet 3 Sent. (i.e. submitting DS-260 and filling out and printing DS-156 and DS-156K)

06.14.11 Scheduled ASC and interview.

07.10.11 Departure to Mexico City.

07.11.11 Mexico City to Juárez.

07.12.11 Medical

07.13.11 ASC appointment

07.14.11 INTERVIEW! and APPROVED!! :)

07.21.11 Visa in Transit.

07.22.11 Visa Ready to be Picked Up @ DHL.

07.23.11 Picked up visa @ DHL.

07.23.11 Crossed border to El Paso.

07.24.11 Flight to Boston and FINALLY IN MY ARMS AGAIN!!! Thank you Lord!

09.17.11 Married!

09.27.11 Sent in papers for AOS

02.13.12 Received RFE

Filed: Timeline

Go to the interview if you are approved you will have the visa,Now you will still have the chance to think and decide if you are still going to the USA to be with your fiancee, who knows?

I'll tell you my experience with this, my current fiance didn't do the interview in 2007 and 4 years later we are going through this process again. Morale of the story think about it before you make a decision based on how you feel at the moment.

In my case I went over there when I found out she didn't do the interview contacted the embassy again and had them reschedule the interview. I begged her to do the interview but found out she'd already done things to avoid coming to America and contacted the embassy and told them she wasn't going to do the interview at this point in time but maybe in the future.

So I guess there's always a chance that if he really loves you, he will find a way to make it work later. But if you really don't love each other then the long distance Visa process and relationship hassles is not worth it.

By the way, the beneficiary has no obligation and it won't affect you one way or another if you don't bother to go to the interview.

Good luck.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Go to the interview if you are approved you will have the visa,Now you will still have the chance to think and decide if you are still going to the USA to be with your fiancee, who knows?

Agreed. Having doubts about your relationship due to a recent arguement is not a reason to abandon the relationship. You can still attend the interview, pass it, and receive a k-1 visa. Once you have the visa, the choice is yours whether or not you use it. It expires in 6 months, so you have that time to work things out with your fiance or decide that things can't be patched. Leave yourself with as many options as possible.

"A man who lives within his means, suffers from a lack of imagination"

~Oscar Wilde

Timeline:

07/18/2011 - Mailed I-129F Petition

07/21/2011 - NOA1

10/18/2011 - NOA2

11/14/2011 - Packet 3 Received

02/14/2012 - Interview (3 months?!?!)

03/02/2012 - Passport w/ K1 received!

03/03/2012 - WHAT'S TAKING SO LONG??!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.