Arle

Hello Romania!!!

672 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
that video was AWSOME !!! :)

maybe now other countries wont see us anymore as the land of gipsies and abandoned children.

im romanian, my husband is american, and we plan to move to romania for good in about 2 years! he likes it more there than here in the states ! :) and to be honest, so do i .

i have a question for you, if you can help me...after obtaining a tourist visa for USA (we're trying to get my mom over here for a short visit) can my mom use it after, lets say, 6 months? or it becomes invalid if she doesnt use it after a certain amount of days / months ?

thanks!

gabby (F)

Me and my Edy plan to move back to Romania for good as well. Not sure when yet, heck hes not even here yet. His packet3 was just sent off to him from the embassy this past Friday.

Any info for him i can pass on about the interview and before would be lovely. :)

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

tell him not to worry ...the interview was a piece of cake :) does he speak good english? that may be a huge advantage....and also, tell him to bring all the proof he can find ...they're not gonna look at everything, but they behaved diferently...jokes, etc :) i almost gave myself a heartattack before going in the embassy, but once i was in there, everybody was really really nice. i couldnt believe it .

once again, nothin' to worry about!!! :)

best of luck for the interview !

gabby

09/13/05 : AOS papers sent to Chicago

10/05/05 : checks cashed

10/05/05 : NOA 1 in the mail yehawwww !!!!!

11/29/05 : AP approoooooved !!!!!

03/06/06 : biometrics appointment

03/07/06 : touched

01/03/07 : interview letter in the mail

02/26/07 : interview finalllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

AAAPPPRRROOOVVVEEEDDD !!!!!!!!!!! STAMP IN THE PASSPORT !!!!

03/06/2007: RECEIVED GREENCARD !!! NO MISTAKES !!!!!

01/27/09 : I-751 package mailed to Vermont

02/05/09 : check cashed

02/09/09 : NOA received

02/21/09 : biometrics letter received

03/07/09 : biometrics appointment

03/09/09 : touched

03/10/09 : touched

06/16/09 : APROVVVVVEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!! letter from USCIS received

06/30/09 : Greencard received!!! NO MISTAKES!!!

04/12/2010 : N-400 package sent...fingers crossed for a fast approval.....

06/07/2010 : Biometrics in Orlando

08/09/2010: Citizenship interview - PASSED!!!!

08/13/2010 : OATH Ceremony - Finally a US citizen and DONE with USCIS!!!!

Timeline
tell him not to worry ...the interview was a piece of cake :) does he speak good english? that may be a huge advantage....and also, tell him to bring all the proof he can find ...they're not gonna look at everything, but they behaved diferently...jokes, etc :) i almost gave myself a heartattack before going in the embassy, but once i was in there, everybody was really really nice. i couldnt believe it .

once again, nothin' to worry about!!! :)

best of luck for the interview !

gabby

His english is wonderful, he started learning in 1st grade, and sometimes i think he speaks it better than i do :lol: he barely even has an accent. I have sent him lots of proof. He has an album of pictures, of us, and of our son, i sent him the first page to every chat weve had since i sent in the petition back in November, i sent in a copy of my cell phone records, emails. I believe that is all. I hope its enough. Hes just stressing :) As I am. Thx for the reply gabby :)

hugs,

Tara

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

he has plenty of proof....tell him not to worry! other people went in there with just a few pics and a couple of emails and got the visa so.... :lol: not to mention you two have a baby boy together :)

after i was done with my interview i got mad at myself for being so stressed over nothing!! :)

hugs and good luck,

gabby

09/13/05 : AOS papers sent to Chicago

10/05/05 : checks cashed

10/05/05 : NOA 1 in the mail yehawwww !!!!!

11/29/05 : AP approoooooved !!!!!

03/06/06 : biometrics appointment

03/07/06 : touched

01/03/07 : interview letter in the mail

02/26/07 : interview finalllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

AAAPPPRRROOOVVVEEEDDD !!!!!!!!!!! STAMP IN THE PASSPORT !!!!

03/06/2007: RECEIVED GREENCARD !!! NO MISTAKES !!!!!

01/27/09 : I-751 package mailed to Vermont

02/05/09 : check cashed

02/09/09 : NOA received

02/21/09 : biometrics letter received

03/07/09 : biometrics appointment

03/09/09 : touched

03/10/09 : touched

06/16/09 : APROVVVVVEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!! letter from USCIS received

06/30/09 : Greencard received!!! NO MISTAKES!!!

04/12/2010 : N-400 package sent...fingers crossed for a fast approval.....

06/07/2010 : Biometrics in Orlando

08/09/2010: Citizenship interview - PASSED!!!!

08/13/2010 : OATH Ceremony - Finally a US citizen and DONE with USCIS!!!!

• 1 month later...

(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F) Hello everybody...long time no see...I knew I couldn`t stay away from this thread forever (L)

I was here in the old thread,but since it happened to be there with some negative things that happened to me back in October 2005 (I wish those things had never happened) I just assumed that the thread came across as being negative and that`s why I stayed away from this one ...not to talk that I didn`t come here on VJ for personal reasons after October 2005...I only could check and see how people I knew a bit here were doing after the middle of May...and spent some time in off topic....could see there once in a while gabbyforever,Ionescu(congrats for having made it!),1LadyinRed,anca and Iulia(Ariel2005),and jaci...I am not sure if Selena ,anman,crislem,anais and others I knew from last year still hang out some time here.Just wanted to say BUNA to everybody.Ma bucur sa va salut,sper ca sunteti GREAT!

that video was AWSOME !!! :)

maybe now other countries wont see us anymore as the land of gipsies and abandoned children.

im romanian, my husband is american, and we plan to move to romania for good in about 2 years! he likes it more there than here in the states ! :) and to be honest, so do i .

i have a question for you, if you can help me...after obtaining a tourist visa for USA (we're trying to get my mom over here for a short visit) can my mom use it after, lets say, 6 months? or it becomes invalid if she doesnt use it after a certain amount of days / months ?

thanks!

gabby (F)

Right now that I am going thru the whole thread...did your mom get a tourist visa Gabby?If she gets one(hope she does :star: ) it can be a one entry B1/B2 visa,that`s tourist/business visa or a multiple entries tourist B1/B2 visa.The first time I asked for one I got a tourist visa they issued me one entry tourist visa valid for one year and the second time a multiple entries one,valid the same for one year but I heard they can issue tourist visa valid for 10 years.The difference is that with a one entry visa you can logically enter the US once and it doesn`t matter when you use it as long as you do it within the terms that the visa is valid (the issuance date and the expiring date are actually stamped on the visa ) and with a multi entries one you can use the same visa more times.I think the only problem is not to stay longer than 6 months during one trip,but it can raise suspicions even if the return ticket is within less than 6 months (but still lenghty stay). For instance in my case my first visit to the US was for 13 days and there was no problem with my entry.My second stay again short,around 2 weeks and it was ok.During my third visit in the US I had my return ticket after 4 months from my arrival there and they got suspicious about that at my POE in the airport .Hope this helps

Im not Romanian but my fiance is, and i have many many many Romanian friends here in the US and in Romania. Its always nice to see other Romanians. Lived in Romania for over a year, my son was made in Romania :) Id have to say Romania is my favorite place i ever visited in all my travels around the world.

Tara and Ed I followed the thread about your family`s reunion in the off topic and now I am hearing that you stayed in Romania for over 1 year.Think you`re doing great with your Romanian.....saw that in your timeline :D

Congrats for your beautiful family! (F)

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hello,

Anyone from Galati city?

07/07/06 sent AOS file

07/09/06 NOA

08/02/06 Biometrics Appointment

08/19/06 Touched

09/11/06 Interview letter!!! (no email, no recent touch)

10/23/06 Greencard Interview

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing :)

Edi is doing great here in the US. Hes adjusted way faster than I ever thought, him and his son became inseperable by day 2 of meeting, and its just so good to feel happy and see him happy. There are times when he misses Romania, but i remind him of the trains, bus's, living in the villiage and gathering water, having the toilet outside etc, and he begins to unsadden fast :P he misses his mom and brother and dad ALOT, so i make sure he has PLENTY of phone cards on hand :)

hugs,

Tara

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

Timeline

He kinda likes the food :) so far his fav thing is ranch dressing and my moms home made chilli :lol:

Hes from Caransebes :D

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
Hello,

Anyone from Galati city?

Buna Sorana,

Sunt din Galati. Ma numesc Catrinel. Abia m-am mutat in SUA. Deci u esti singura din Galati.

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif and 3dflags_rou0001-0001a.gif met in 3dflags_fin0001-0001a.gif

-- From Finland With Love --

11/09/99 . Catrinel moves to Helsinki.

01/10/03 . Robin moves to Helsinki.

23/04/05 . Introduced by a mutual friend.

20/06/05 . First kiss.

14/12/05 - Catrinel visits USA on B2.

16/02/06 . TSC receives I-129F package.

Find out the rest with our timeline!

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profil...l=&id=21703

• 2 weeks later...

Hello...my fiance Anghel is from Constanta. I am flying to Romania in February so we can get married. :D

3dflagsdotcom_roman_2faws.gifaheart2.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif

Our CR-1 Timeline

Feb 20, 2010 ~ We will file to remove conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.