12 posts in this topic

hey everyone i filed a petition for my fiance we were on AP for a year after AP we deposit a waiver,waiver was approved today, but the consul said to take in some documents that were missing for when it was in AP. IS IT POSSIBLE THAT WHEN HE TURNS IN THE DOCUMENTS AGAIN HE CAN BE PUT BACK ON AP? can they do the same process twice?

I have not read any individual cases that were in AP twice. AP can take an "undetermined" amount of time. During AP they review any and everything that may be deterring your case from being approved. After your initial AP you said you submitted a waiver and you were instructed to submit additional information that they needed. If you submitted exactly what they wanted without error, you just being waiting the normal wait time for your approval. Not clear or not if they can or will put you in AP again, it really depends on the information you submitted and if its enough to approval under the normal time frame or not.

K1 Visa Process -> 12/09-06/10 Married -> 09/10/10 AOS Process -> 09/10-12/10 Removal of Conditions-> 09/12-07/13

U.S. Naturalization -> 7/8/20

***What To Do After NOA2 (The Dominican Way) Wiki Page:

https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/dominican_republic_after_receiving_the_noa2/***

I have not read any individual cases that were in AP twice. AP can take an "undetermined" amount of time. During AP they review any and everything that may be deterring your case from being approved. After your initial AP you said you submitted a waiver and you were instructed to submit additional information that they needed. If you submitted exactly what they wanted without error, you just being waiting the normal wait time for your approval. Not clear or not if they can or will put you in AP again, it really depends on the information you submitted and if its enough to approval under the normal time frame or not.

hi thank you! we were on ap for a year then they said we were out of ap that we can deposit waiver,waiver was approved but the consul said they need the same documents we gave them, the documents that they were investigating in ap. i dont know if they just need it to update to give him his visa or they are going to put him in ap again for the same case. thats what is worrying me. consul told him the same time it takes you to bring documents the same time it will be to get visa.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

hi thank you! we were on ap for a year then they said we were out of ap that we can deposit waiver,waiver was approved but the consul said they need the same documents we gave them, the documents that they were investigating in ap. i dont know if they just need it to update to give him his visa or they are going to put him in ap again for the same case. thats what is worrying me. consul told him the same time it takes you to bring documents the same time it will be to get visa.

After waiver is approved they will ask to update original VISA documents. They will more than likely ask for new medical, affidavit of support, police cert etc.

What documents were they asking for?

After waiver is approved they will ask to update original VISA documents. They will more than likely ask for new medical, affidavit of support, police cert etc.

What documents were they asking for?

he took medical and police certificate which they asked after waiver was aproved, but when he spoke to the consul he said he needed a letter from the fiscalia it has to do with the same problem he got on ap for a year.without the letter consul said he cannot issue visa. but i hope your right maybe they need an update b/c we did turn in the letter but it was over a year

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Moving fron DCF to Waiver from as OP is not filing DCF *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Did they take his passport? If they took his passport they are going to issue the visa. If not, they still have processing to do.

-Tim
--
Visit the Dominican immigration forums at:

http://www.dominicanstotheusa.com

Some interesting articles on my blog:

http://americanwomenreallysuck.com

Did they take his passport? If they took his passport they are going to issue the visa. If not, they still have processing to do.

Not always they issue a visa when the passport is taken. Nothing in this process is a sure thing.

Bob

• Married in Manila: 08/20/2010
  • I-130 Sent to lockbox: 10/01/2010
  • I-130 Received: 10/03/2010
  • NOA-1 Received: 10/04/2010
  • NOA-2 Received: 02/01/2011
  • Received NVC: 02/08/2011
  • AOS Bill Generated: 02/10/2011
  • AOS Bill Paid: 02/10/2011
  • DS 3032 Emailed: 02/10/2011
  • IV Bill Generated: 02/14/2011
  • IV Bill Paid: 02/14/2011
  • IV Packet Received @ NVC:02/22/2011
  • NVC Completed 03/08/2011
  • Interview Date Post Sputum results May 17
  • Results negative, Interview scheduled 6/13
  • Placed in A/R 06/13/2011
  • I-601 required 07/18/2011
  • I-601 filed 11/9/2011
  • I-601 approved 11/29/11
  • 2nd Sputum test ordered 12/21/11
  • 2nd Sputum Test passed 02/21/12
  • Visa Approved!! 03/15/2012
  • Visa In Hand 03/17/2012
  • POE SFO 03/24/2012

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Melissa.. What happened to us was we had interview they requested documents that they already had along with an additional statement verifying my household. We submitted the very next week. We called DOS several times for updates and once received a reply that we were in standard review..... After almost 6 weeks of what we thought was AP they called us and basically gave me a phone interview and told me the docs were accepted and that now after the Admin REview.... they are now finally putting him thru the last check which is name checks and this is now his mandatory ap.

Im sure that's what happened with you as well... while you were told you have AP...they were doing review on your paperwork for a year....now that everything is complete and in thier hands they can now place him thru name checks...

The co told me that they verify evthing before placing in namechecks...

They use the word ap as a general blanket statement a lot of times.

So it wouldn't be ap twice but the final step in your ap

Edited by EAbbas

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

• 2 weeks later...

Melissa.. What happened to us was we had interview they requested documents that they already had along with an additional statement verifying my household. We submitted the very next week. We called DOS several times for updates and once received a reply that we were in standard review..... After almost 6 weeks of what we thought was AP they called us and basically gave me a phone interview and told me the docs were accepted and that now after the Admin REview.... they are now finally putting him thru the last check which is name checks and this is now his mandatory ap.

Im sure that's what happened with you as well... while you were told you have AP...they were doing review on your paperwork for a year....now that everything is complete and in thier hands they can now place him thru name checks...

The co told me that they verify evthing before placing in namechecks...

They use the word ap as a general blanket statement a lot of times.

So it wouldn't be ap twice but the final step in your ap

yes i once called 2 and they said it was standard i hope your right is been 4 weeks already i called DOS and they said they started reviewing it on aug 2 my lawyer called and CO said he received documents july 27 and we took in does documents july 18 im sick of waiting! thank you for the info you provided me i hope it doesn't take much longer.

hi tim! i have a question if they have more proccessing to do can it take a year again to verify documents and make a decision? When i called DOS they said i was in standard AP to give them more time b/c they just started reviewing august 2. Does Standard AP make a difference or is it the same AP i was in for a year?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.