sambh

NOA1 for AOS from Chicago office

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Yes, mine was received on June 10th, but nothing until the check was cashed and NOA issued on the 28th.....didn't receive any notification until July 5th. It drove me nuts too.

Patience is required for this process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

i posted this on another thread, but i sent my package last saturday, they received it on monday, i got email confirmation on Wednesday and the check was cashed on Thursday. good luck!

I-129F Fiance Visa

For full details see my "About me"

USCIS

11-22-2010 Received NOA1 01-27-2011 --> NOA2 *APPROVED!!!! (email)

NVC

02-24-2011 Receive Packet 3.5 via email --> 03-18-2011 Packet 3.5 Submitted

04-05-2011 Receive Packet 4

04-08-2011 INTERVIEW *APPROVED!!!!* --> 04-18-2011 Visa in hand

05-04-2011 **POE** JFK, NYC

AOS

05-21-2011 Social Security Card

06-18-2011 MARRIED!

07-11-2011 Filed AOS - 485, EAD, AP

07-13-2011 Received Confirmation email 07-14-2011 check cashed

07-18-2011 NOA1, I-797C received for AOS, EAD, AP

07-22-2011 Received Biometrics Appointment Notice

08-15-2011 Biometrics Appointment

09-09-2011 EAD and AP Approval notices via email

09-20-2011 Receive EAD/AP Card in the mail

09-29-2011 Interview! APPROVED!!!!

10-03-2011 Receive Welcome Letter

10-08-2011 Receive Greencard

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

During the fiance process I always got emails and texts from them. Now we get nothing from Chicago! We sent in the AOS/EAD/AP on May 16th - never heard anything from the idiots... no check cashed... then got it all returned about a month later - rejected for incorrect fee -- I added it all up again and it's correct - called customer service and they said they wanted two checks for her and her son instead of one check for it all. So... we sent it all back with two checks to make them happy (even though it says nowhere in the instructions that one check is a problem....) Now we're trying to plan a trip to Ukraine next month before school starts back for her son! Frickin idiots!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

During the fiance process I always got emails and texts from them. Now we get nothing from Chicago! We sent in the AOS/EAD/AP on May 16th - never heard anything from the idiots... no check cashed... then got it all returned about a month later - rejected for incorrect fee -- I added it all up again and it's correct - called customer service and they said they wanted two checks for her and her son instead of one check for it all. So... we sent it all back with two checks to make them happy (even though it says nowhere in the instructions that one check is a problem....) Now we're trying to plan a trip to Ukraine next month before school starts back for her son! Frickin idiots!!

no, separate applications... each application requires its own fee...

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Could you show me where that is stated in the instructions?

Can you show me where it is written where you are allowed to combine separate I-485 fees into one check?

The instructions do say you can combine your application fee and biometrics fee... but no where does it say you can combine multiple application fees and biometric fees.

Instructions are typically designed to tell you what you can do. If they don't say you can do it, then chances are you cannot.

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Finally I at least see a little progress - I saw this morning that the checks finally hit my bank. Now we still are waiting for the AP document as each day ticks away to try to confirm our travel plans...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.