Tiff

CR1/Blue Slip

77 posts in this topic

Hi all!

I wished I have know this website before my husband's interview and before I submitted the relationship timeline. I did know getting Visa from VN is this hard becuase I was thinking that if our relationship is real then there is nothing to worry. But after I've learned what I have read on internet, I broke out a cold sweat with many sleepness night. Here is my general timeline of our relationship. We have been introduced by my Dad's former longtime coworker in September 2009. My first trip was in January 29th 2010 and he proposed to me on February 14th 2010 at Tan Son Nhat Airport, that was on Valentine's day and also the day I flew back to America. My second trip to Vietnam was on September 18th 2010 to sign our marriage license and came back to United States on October 15th, 2010. My third trip was just recently, it was on June 9th, 2011 thru June 28th, 2011 for our wedding. We got married on June 18th, 2011, but coincidentally, he got the letter to schedule for interview 2 days prior to our wedding. He got all the dates right, even the date when did we go and sign our marriage license. He got a blue slip asking 4 notarized letters in English if possible (3 from me and 1 from him asking for his past 10 years of residency.) I felt so naive and dumb after reading the postings on this website.

They asked for:

Time line of our relationship ( I only wrote about 1 1/2 pages. I thought make it short and sweet becuase nobody has time to read down to the details. Keep in mind that I did not found this website until after the blue slip.

Where/who have I lived with for the last 10 years

Where and how my son'd dad lived and evident of his address. ( I have a son out of a weddlock and we rarely communicate to each other after the birth of my son so I have no evident of his address)

My husband was scheduled to submit all these in on June 14th, 2011 which is today. When he got there, they also asking my husband's past 10 years of residency in Vienamese as well and he only have the one tranlsated in English. They told him to come back on this Monday 7/18/2011.

Possible reg flags to CO:

I am female/single mom who married husband in Vietnam

I am six years older than my husband but he looks older than I am.

I have kid and he doesn't, but we both have never been married before.

I have much higher education than he does.

My guts feeling is that we might end up with the white slip on this Monday. Any thought????By the way, my husband said that the two female interviewers are very nice and friendly. I am praying every day and loosing sleep :-(.

Thank you in advance for your comments.

I meant that I DID NOT know getting Visa in Vietnam is this difficult...

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! I am sorry to hear about your situation. Just do whatever is asked from you and your husband. I am pretty sure there will be members from this site who will give you an advice on what else to do. Just keep on praying. Good Luck.

My husband has turned in all of the requested from the blue slip today 7/18/2011, and he just got out of the HMCM Ambassy. Now he receieved the second blue slip and they wanted the list of all his relatives in United States. I am thinking that they think this relationship is not ginuiene. He has two aunts who sponsors total of their 13 kids. I am affraid that CO would think that my husband has too may relatives in America and paid me to get him to USA. I have two questions. Besides listing out the name of the aunts and the 13 kids (which are my husband's cousins.) Does my husband needs to list out the kids of his 13 cousins as well? (That would be my husbands nieces and nephews.) The second question I have is that does anybody in here has many relatives who currently lived in America that got approved with pink????

Thank you very much for your responding.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Moved from IR1/CR1 forum to Vietnam regional forum so that OP can receive consulate specific feedback.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My husband has turned in all of the requested from the blue slip today 7/18/2011, and he just got out of the HMCM Ambassy. Now he receieved the second blue slip and they wanted the list of all his relatives in United States. I am thinking that they think this relationship is not ginuiene. He has two aunts who sponsors total of their 13 kids. I am affraid that CO would think that my husband has too may relatives in America and paid me to get him to USA. I have two questions. Besides listing out the name of the aunts and the 13 kids (which are my husband's cousins.) Does my husband needs to list out the kids of his 13 cousins as well? (That would be my husbands nieces and nephews.) The second question I have is that does anybody in here has many relatives who currently lived in America that got approved with pink????

Thank you very much for your responding.

Many here have relatives in the US and got pink.... do a search of VN regional for the list of relatives discussion...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

Hi all!

I wished I have know this website before my husband's interview and before I submitted the relationship timeline. I did know getting Visa from VN is this hard becuase I was thinking that if our relationship is real then there is nothing to worry. But after I've learned what I have read on internet, I broke out a cold sweat with many sleepness night. Here is my general timeline of our relationship. We have been introduced by my Dad's former longtime coworker in September 2009. My first trip was in January 29th 2010 and he proposed to me on February 14th 2010 at Tan Son Nhat Airport, that was on Valentine's day and also the day I flew back to America. My second trip to Vietnam was on September 18th 2010 to sign our marriage license and came back to United States on October 15th, 2010. My third trip was just recently, it was on June 9th, 2011 thru June 28th, 2011 for our wedding. We got married on June 18th, 2011, but coincidentally, he got the letter to schedule for interview 2 days prior to our wedding. He got all the dates right, even the date when did we go and sign our marriage license. He got a blue slip asking 4 notarized letters in English if possible (3 from me and 1 from him asking for his past 10 years of residency.) I felt so naive and dumb after reading the postings on this website.

They asked for:

Time line of our relationship ( I only wrote about 1 1/2 pages. I thought make it short and sweet becuase nobody has time to read down to the details. Keep in mind that I did not found this website until after the blue slip.

Where/who have I lived with for the last 10 years

Where and how my son'd dad lived and evident of his address. ( I have a son out of a weddlock and we rarely communicate to each other after the birth of my son so I have no evident of his address)

My husband was scheduled to submit all these in on June 14th, 2011 which is today. When he got there, they also asking my husband's past 10 years of residency in Vienamese as well and he only have the one tranlsated in English. They told him to come back on this Monday 7/18/2011.

Possible reg flags to CO:

I am female/single mom who married husband in Vietnam

I am six years older than my husband but he looks older than I am.

I have kid and he doesn't, but we both have never been married before.

I have much higher education than he does.

My guts feeling is that we might end up with the white slip on this Monday. Any thought????By the way, my husband said that the two female interviewers are very nice and friendly. I am praying every day and loosing sleep :-(.

Thank you in advance for your comments.

I meant that I DID NOT know getting Visa in Vietnam is this difficult...

So did you turn in the evidence of your son's dad address? If you did then what did you turn in?

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Marriage (if applicable): 2010-07-09

I-130 Sent : 2011-01-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2011-02-07

I-130 Approved : 2011-05-17

NVC Received : 2011-05-31

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2011-06-06

Pay I-864 Bill: 2011-06-06

Receive I-864 Package :

Return Completed I-864 : 2011-06-16

Return Completed DS-3032(emailed) : 2011-06-04

Receive IV Bill : 2011-06-10

Pay IV Bill : 2011-06-10

Receive Instruction Package :

Case Completed at NVC : 2011-07-25

Interview Date : 2011-09-14

Interview Result : Passed/Pink

So did you turn in the evidence of your son's dad address? If you did then what did you turn in?

I wrote in notarized letter that we rarely spoke after found out that I was pregnant. We didn't ask each other's business after that day and the only time we talk was about my son. My ex-boyfriend only picked up my son once in a while for the weekend and spend time at his parent's house so I stated and wrote out his parent's address. I could of asking his family for his billing statement, but I affraid CO going to think if I stated we were not together and rarely communicate than why I have his billing statment. Is it too late to turn it in if I can get it from his sister/brother since they have requested on the first blue slip?

Many here have relatives in the US and got pink.... do a search of VN regional for the list of relatives discussion...

Thank you ScottThuy for your tip. I am learning how to navigate this website as I go. It is very comforting to know where to go to look up the information.

I think the reason they need to know my husband's relatives in USA is because his cousin who introduced us also has the same last name as mine. So CO might think some how we are related. I hope we will get pink after this second blue slip. I am hoping CO doesn't think this is a sham or else they have already mention the proof for bonda fide either in the first blue slip or even second slip.

Edited by Tiff

Moved from IR1/CR1 forum to Vietnam regional forum so that OP can receive consulate specific feedback.

Thank you Anh Map for moving my question to the correct forum. No wonder I did not have much responses

for the past few days.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I think the reason they need to know my husband's relatives in USA is because his cousin who introduced us also has the same last name as mine. So CO might think some how we are related. I hope we will get pink after this second blue slip. I am hoping CO doesn't think this is a sham or else they have already mention the proof for bonda fide either in the first blue slip or even second slip.

not unheard of for two nguyens to be accused of being related... has happened here in the past... they are just making sure because relatives have tried to sponsor relatives in the past and got caught..

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

Give the CO what they are asking for. Include a more detailed "evolution of relationship" statement if you want. It's likely your last opportunity to have evidence considered.

Thank you Anh Map for moving my question to the correct forum. No wonder I did not have much responses

for the past few days.

good.gif Should get some great input here.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

BTW....We are gathering his relatives information who lives in America right now. I am thinking write out like this:

His sister/husband's home address and work address

Their children's name (Minors)

Then his Third Aunt's address

Her Children's names (Not going to mention the address)

Then his Fourth Aunt's address

Her Children's names. (Not mention the addres and I am not going to mention some of her children who now lived in Holland becuase they only ask for USA)

Do you think it is good to go to the lawyer at this point since currently I have agency to help me out with paper work. I affraid once my husband turn in documents requested from second blue slip then and get denied and it is too late at this point.

Please give me your suggesions. Thank you very very much

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

BTW....We are gathering his relatives information who lives in America right now. I am thinking write out like this:

His sister/husband's home address and work address

Their children's name (Minors)

Then his Third Aunt's address

Her Children's names (Not going to mention the address)

Then his Fourth Aunt's address

Her Children's names. (Not mention the addres and I am not going to mention some of her children who now lived in Holland becuase they only ask for USA)

Do you think it is good to go to the lawyer at this point since currently I have agency to help me out with paper work. I affraid once my husband turn in documents requested from second blue slip then and get denied and it is too late at this point.

Please give me your suggesions. Thank you very very much

Follow the instructions on the blue slip and provide everything they ask for. If it's anything like the boiler plate request they usually give then they want, for each relative:

1. Full name

2. Other names used

3. Date of birth

4. Current address

5. Addresses for the past 5 years

6. Date of immigration to the US

7. Means of immigration to the US (not boat or plane - what sort of visa)

8. Any contact or relationship with the petitioner or petitioner's relatives

9. Proof of residency or citizenship status (copy of green card, certificate of naturalization, or passport)

They're going to run this information along with the background information they've already collected on you and see if anything matches up. For example, they're going to see if you and any of his relatives ever lived together, or had a business relationship together, etc. They're looking for evidence that his family set this up to help him immigrate.

I have no idea if you'll be approved, with or without a lawyer. He could turn in the requested evidence and get a pink. He could turn it in and get a white. He could turn it in and get another blue and you could be in AP for months. It all depends on what they've got so far, and what they think they'll get by further investigation.

If you decide to hire a lawyer then, in my humble opinion, you should hire Marc Ellis. No lawyer is 100% successful in HCMC, and many who have hired him have still ended up being denied, but I've never heard of any other immigration attorney who has a better track record with the consulate in HCMC. Marc has the added benefit that he actually lives in HCMC.

http://www.marcellislaw.com/contact.html

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.