Tiff

CR1/Blue Slip

77 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

You can get a "sticker" visa from the VN consulates in the US, as well. Just get a single entry visa. All my visas were single entry, obtained from the VN consulate in San Francisco. I've got every original visa, as well as entry/exit stamps, in my passport. Five trips total, so far.

Thanks Jim. I know, but the fact that my passport has to be sent to the VN consulate in SFO and the thought of it being out of my hands and floating around in the USPS system worries the heck out of me :)

Edited by tcTTct

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

yea i get those loose leaf visas also. i think when you buy plane tix from local (vietnamese) travel agencies they don't want to keep your passports to affix the "sticker" visa...so they get the loose leaf ones for you.

even if vietnam don't stamp them, you still have your stopovers stamps such as korea or china or taiwan or hong kong to provide a little more proof you were travelling on those dates.

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Timeline

this is an unusual case in that it's a woman USC petitioning for a male viet beneficiary...who was set up by the male's cousin (with many more relatives in the USA). you guys were also hurriedly engaged after only a brief 2 weeks meeting. there are red flags all over the place!

i don't mean to get personal but does your husband's family have substantial assets in vietnam? are you financially stable and working as a single mother? imo the CO wants to see if it's a marriage for money (it's been known to happen :whistle: ). good luck to you guys...

Edited by quann

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

this is an unusual case in that it's a woman USC petitioning for a male viet beneficiary...who was set up by the male's cousin (with many more relatives in the USA). you guys were also hurriedly engaged after only a brief 2 weeks meeting. there are red flags all over the place!

i don't mean to get personal but does your husband's family have substantial assets in vietnam? are you financially stable and working as a single mother? imo the CO wants to see if it's a marriage for money (it's been known to happen :whistle: ). good luck to you guys...

LOL..You are absolutely right, Quan!....My relatives in Vietnam did not believe we were real either until they saw us at the wedding...I have never thought of marry someone for a million years in Vietnam either, but I guess that is what you called fate...I worked hard to support my son since I don't get child support. I don't have a serious relationship for the past seven years because I am working alots and instead of being on the date, I chose to spend most of my time with my son...On a personal note, I go for personality and not for the money because I believe money you can make and it can comes and goes; therefore, most of the guys I dated were broke! LOL...My friends thought that I married to a millioniar as well, but no, he is a common guy who works hard and value family type of guy, which is important for my son and I at this point. That is why I have pointed out the possible red flags to CO on my introduction.

yea i get those loose leaf visas also. i think when you buy plane tix from local (vietnamese) travel agencies they don't want to keep your passports to affix the "sticker" visa...so they get the loose leaf ones for you.

even if vietnam don't stamp them, you still have your stopovers stamps such as korea or china or taiwan or hong kong to provide a little more proof you were travelling on those dates.

Well, I have one stamp in Korea due to stopover for eight hours and I actually stepped out of the air port for the free city tour. That is why I have the stamp from Korea. On other two trips, I was stayed inside China and Japan air-port waiting for the next flight; therefore, I got no stamps from either places.

Edited by Tiff

Well, I have one stamp in Korea due to stopover for eight hours and I actually stepped out of the air port for the free city tour. That is why I have the stamp from Korea. On other two trips, I was stayed inside China and Japan air-port waiting for the next flight; therefore, I got no stamps from either places.

Hello, you can try to request your flight info from U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Passenger Name Record (PNR). Apparently, they keep the info in the system for up to 15 yrs.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/clearing/pnr/

Under the 2nd link on the main page, go to Item #9 of the doc..there is info on how to contact the CBP to obtain your travel records. Good luck...

Timeline

The consulate is more concerned about you being able to prove that the petitioner and beneficiary are together in te same place at that particular time. So being able to prove that you left the USA doesn't show that you were in VN. So you need to have boarding passes, credit card receipts, hotel receipts etc. As much hard evidence as you can find to show that you were in Vietnam.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Seems like Jim and I are the problems.... Uncle Ho wants to keep a close eye on us. wacko.gif

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

im petitioning for my husband as well, is it really a red flag to the CO dat a USC woman petitioning for a male viet beneficiary? or is it only an assumption? i mean im not a vietnamese, will my husband's chances of approval increase?

Filed: Timeline

I stopped by the republic of China on all 3 trips, no stamps either. Actually, my passport doesn't have any stamps at all. I did take pictures of my visas and kept ticket stubs though along with cc bills showing the charges.

Hello, you can try to request your flight info from U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Passenger Name Record (PNR). Apparently, they keep the info in the system for up to 15 yrs.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/clearing/pnr/

Under the 2nd link on the main page, go to Item #9 of the doc..there is info on how to contact the CBP to obtain your travel records. Good luck...

Thank you Ronnie&Hang for a valuable link. I will give them a call tomorrow. I just hope they don't take more than a month to send me my travel records. :blink:

Edited by Tiff

The consulate is more concerned about you being able to prove that the petitioner and beneficiary are together in te same place at that particular time. So being able to prove that you left the USA doesn't show that you were in VN. So you need to have boarding passes, credit card receipts, hotel receipts etc. As much hard evidence as you can find to show that you were in Vietnam.

See, my husband had all of those documents on his first interview but they didn't ask for those evidences; therefore, he did not show to CO? I mean, when is a good time to show to CO. I heard diffent stories from different members. Some CO will flat out tell you that "if I don't ask for it then don't show them to me!"

Edited by Tiff

Timeline

Your US passport was not stamped when you entered Vietnam? That sounds unlikely. You need to supply boarding passes to confirm your travel dates. Itineraries will not be enough.

Yes, update, expand upon the relationship timeline if appropriate. This is likely the final opportunity to get information in front of the CO. Failure here is probably denial.

I would draft the family listing for him so that you are sure it is complete and in the format the Jim suggested. Send him the document in Viet and English for notarization.

They didn't stamp mine either. I have heard this before and if they are handing it back unstamped then you can ask them to do so. I used my copy of tickets and boarding passes to show this proof.

Timeline

See, my husband had all of those documents on his first interview but they didn't ask for those evidences; therefore, he did not show to CO? I mean, when is a good time to show to CO. I heard diffent stories from different members. Some CO will flat out tell you that "if I don't ask for it then don't show them to me!"

i gave them a notarized timeline/10 yr residency during the pre-interview where you submit all your documents and tax info. they took everything and sorted through the docs. we kept pics, chat printouts, phone records etc for the interview itself. i didn't know about VJ before i petitioned, luckily i found this place a few months ago...much more clarity and the road doesn't seem as foggy.

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Timeline

im petitioning for my husband as well, is it really a red flag to the CO dat a USC woman petitioning for a male viet beneficiary? or is it only an assumption? i mean im not a vietnamese, will my husband's chances of approval increase?

i'm assuming it will stand out to HCM because it's an unusual practice. lots of guys get setup with someone's relative over there or older divorced dudes looking for young/pretty girls...some leave the girl in vietnam while some gamble and bring her over, that's the norm. you don't see many USC women already established in america taking those kinds of risks.

personally i know of or have knowledge of about 8-10 vietnam marriages of people i know...half of them were fake marriages (with one fake being a woman usc petitioning for the guy).

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.