nica_chica3

Is It Worth a Try??

42 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

I am torn between filing for the K-3 or just go with the CR-1/IR-1. The reason I want the K-3 is for speed because I am 7 weeks pregnant and want so badly for my husband to be here when the child is born. Is the K-3 worth a try??

USCIS **40 Days**

8/1/11 - I-130 Mailed (USPS Priority)

8/5/11 - NOA1 via text/email

8/15/11 - Requested Expedite

9/2/11 - Sent in Expedite Evidence

9/14/11 - I-130 Approved (Online Status)

9/17/11 - NOA2 hardcopy received

NVC **45 Days**

10/1/11 - NVC Case # Assigned

10/4/11 - Paid I-864 Bill

10/6/11 - Paid IV Bill

10/31/11 - Sent I-864 & IV Packets (USPS Express)

11/7/11 - Received False RFE Email (Requesting IV Packet)

11/8/11 - Case Completed

11/14/11 - Interview Date Assigned (for 12/28/11)

11/15/11 - Case Forwarded on to Managua

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Can you file expedite based on the pregnancy? I think financial hardship may qualify for this particular scenario.. In this case either CR1 or K3 will work pretty fast..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am torn between filing for the K-3 or just go with the CR-1/IR-1. The reason I want the K-3 is for speed because I am 7 weeks pregnant and want so badly for my husband to be here when the child is born. Is the K-3 worth a try??

Do the CR1. You indicate Married but No NOA1 on the Timelime. There is no such thing as SPEED here. So Have you Filed? Does not appear so. Being Pregnant does not not matter, it Only means you had Sex and may require a DNA Test Later.

So I suggest File as Married. (They don't care USCIS) . File ASAP .

Can you file expedite based on the pregnancy? I think financial hardship may qualify for this particular scenario.. In this case either CR1 or K3 will work pretty fast..

No that will not Apply at all.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Timeline

No that will not Apply at all.

Absolutely incorrect. If she is capable of proving financial hardship due to pregnancy she will be able to expedite it. PO, don't listen, try to expedite. Apply for CR1 and Try to collect as much as possible evidence of financial hardship due to pregnancy. If they deny expedite this is OK. It will not affect success of your application. Try it. It doesn't hurt, but you have all the grounds for such expedite.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Absolutely incorrect. If she is capable of proving financial hardship due to pregnancy she will be able to expedite it. PO, don't listen, try to expedite. Apply for CR1 and Try to collect as much as possible evidence of financial hardship due to pregnancy. If they deny expedite this is OK. It will not affect success of your application. Try it. It doesn't hurt, but you have all the grounds for such expedite.

This may work. Bear in mind the female is the petitioner in this case. The other way around definitely doesn't work.

The K3 hasn't been appreciably faster since late 2006. At best, one might save 4 to 6 weeks. At worst, it costs you 2 to 6 weeks.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

I still disagree. San Diego. Do you see the same Timeline I see. There is nothing.

Pregnancy is NOT a Finanicial Hardship and Subject to Expedite.

So, I think your full of (I'M sorry #######) Easy to get Married and get Pregnant. OH NOW I NEED AN EXPEDITE. I'm going to have a Child. PLEASE... USCIS is not Stupid. GREEN CARD HERE I COME.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Timeline

This may work. Bear in mind the female is the petitioner in this case. The other way around definitely doesn't work.

The K3 hasn't been appreciably faster since late 2006. At best, one might save 4 to 6 weeks. At worst, it costs you 2 to 6 weeks.

#######! The Female is the Petitioner. That changes everything

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Timeline

I still disagree. San Diego. Do you see the same Timeline I see. There is nothing.

Pregnancy is NOT a Finanicial Hardship and Subject to Expedite.

So, I think your full of (I'M sorry #######) Easy to get Married and get Pregnant. OH NOW I NEED AN EXPEDITE. I'm going to have a Child. PLEASE... USCIS is not Stupid. GREEN CARD HERE I COME.

You're not paying attention. It's the petitioner that is pregnant. Whether there is a financial hardship depends on the circumstances. Your answer is correct in the context of the foreign spouse being pregnant.

Further, a K3 visa will do nothing to solve a financial hardship. CR1 will, as the immigrant is immediately authorized to work upon entry.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

You're not paying attention. It's the petitioner that is pregnant. Whether there is a financial hardship depends on the circumstances. Your answer is correct in the context of the foreign spouse being pregnant.

Further, a K3 visa will do nothing to solve a financial hardship. CR1 will, as the immigrant is immediately authorized to work upon entry.

So Pushbrk. Do you think for this Couple the CR1 is the best Choice? Also, what good would an Expedite do in this Case?

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Timeline

So Pushbrk. Do you think for this Couple the CR1 is the best Choice? Also, what good would an Expedite do in this Case?

Yes, I think the CR1 is best in this case, particularly if the petitioner does a good job with the shortcuts through NVC. Unless there truly is some kind of severe hardship to the petitioner (more than the father not being present for the birth of the child) I wouldn't expect an expedite to be granted. If she had complications requiring bed rest and nobody to take care of her, maybe.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Yes, I think the CR1 is best in this case, particularly if the petitioner does a good job with the shortcuts through NVC. Unless there truly is some kind of severe hardship to the petitioner (more than the father not being present for the birth of the child) I wouldn't expect an expedite to be granted. If she had complications requiring bed rest and nobody to take care of her, maybe.

If female is a petitioner, this is true. You may argue on CR1 that once father comes here before due date he will start working immediately, especially if beneficiary has marketable profession, like computer scientist or something. . This is possible. My main concern though is that if you claim hardship here in US (financial), the issue becomes how will I-864 works. Kind of catch 22, unless the sponsor become your parents.

Timeline

Good advice here. I'm sure the OP Read. (OK, mine was'nt the best) I always get confused. LOL .

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Timeline

If female is a petitioner, this is true. You may argue on CR1 that once father comes here before due date he will start working immediately, especially if beneficiary has marketable profession, like computer scientist or something. . This is possible. My main concern though is that if you claim hardship here in US (financial), the issue becomes how will I-864 works. Kind of catch 22, unless the sponsor become your parents.

Don't confuse the terms financial benefit and financial hardship. That there is a benefit is easy to understand. Hardship expedites require severe hardship to the USC petitioner, not simply a benefit. If the female were the beneficiary, an expedite would not be worth trying for financial or any other reason. Childbirth isn't in and of itself even unusual, much less a hardship worthy of an expedite.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Don't confuse the terms financial benefit and financial hardship. That there is a benefit is easy to understand. Hardship expedites require severe hardship to the USC petitioner, not simply a benefit. If the female were the beneficiary, an expedite would not be worth trying for financial or any other reason. Childbirth isn't in and of itself even unusual, much less a hardship worthy of an expedite.

To me that means: File the Appropriate Petition and wait as we all do. Being Pregnant is not a Hardship. But Pushbrk makes it look like an Attorney statement. I respect Pushbrks Comments. CR1 is the Start to the OP.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Apply now dont delay anymore, CR1 is the choice, as far I know they were closing down K3.

Even ppl who had applied for K3 were being put in CR1 line, now immigration wanted all the test and finger print and all that stuff done prior to foregin spouse entering US.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.