Michael.Nichols

Moscow interview 8-19! But Elena's passport is at the Canadian consul!?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Sometimes the embassy is not so good about responding to e-mails, but keep after them.

Here is an e-mail I sent several years ago after trying a few times. After this one they did reply!

Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 4:27 AM

To: Consular0, Moscow

Subject: Third request for information

Hello,

Do you people ever answer your e-mail?? I sent this e-mail twice now over the past few months but never got a reply so I am asking again for the third time. Will you kindly reply.

Is it possible to apply for and receive a visitors visa while waiting for an I-130 visa to be approved? My wife's daughter would like to visit and we have applied for an immigrant I-130 but I understand it may take several years to be approved.

Thank you.

This is pretty harsh e-mail :D

Edited by san diego

Timeline

This is pretty harsh e-mail :D

Yes, but I did ask if they would kindly reply and they did...LOL

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Sometimes the embassy is not so good about responding to e-mails, but keep after them.

Here is an e-mail I sent several years ago after trying a few times. After this one they did reply!

Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 4:27 AM

To: Consular0, Moscow

Subject: Third request for information

Hello,

Do you people ever answer your e-mail?? I sent this e-mail twice now over the past few months but never got a reply so I am asking again for the third time. Will you kindly reply.

Is it possible to apply for and receive a visitors visa while waiting for an I-130 visa to be approved? My wife's daughter would like to visit and we have applied for an immigrant I-130 but I understand it may take several years to be approved.

Thank you.

One must always maintain their cool and remain professional, civil, tactful and business-like.

That email is none of the above. GIGO.....garbage in garbage out.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

One must always maintain their cool and remain professional, civil, tactful and business-like.

That email is none of the above. GIGO.....garbage in garbage out.

They did not respond to two other civil and tactful e-mails over the course of several weeks. This one they did and I got the information I needed. I did not want to be that way but nothing else worked.

What would you suggest if they do not respond to civil and tactful e-mails?

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Yes, I understand and no you won't get pink-slipped for being disappointed. On the other hand, I and many others have had very good luck with them. Of course hopefully the OP gets the hint and does email them asking for direction to their plight.

I find it somewhat amusing that you and or your SO entered POE in 2007 and it is now 2011 and you insist that your positive experience emailing the Moscow Embassy is the norm despite numerous recent contemporary posts to the contrary.

My very recent experience (in the last few weeks) is they re-iterate information that is not helpful or applicable to the case specified. The problem is they don't read the emails and give generic canned responses to inquiries without taking into consideration the actual question asked.

They did not respond to two other civil and tactful e-mails over the course of several weeks. This one they did and I got the information I needed. I did not want to be that way but nothing else worked.

What would you suggest if they do not respond to civil and tactful e-mails?

Call the 202 number or the DOS hotline, get a human on the phone and have them intervene on your behalf.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I find it somewhat amusing that you and or your SO entered POE in 2007 and it is now 2011 and you insist that your positive experience emailing the Moscow Embassy is the norm despite numerous recent contemporary posts to the contrary.

My very recent experience (in the last few weeks) is they re-iterate information that is not helpful or applicable to the case specified. The problem is they don't read the emails and give generic canned responses to inquiries without taking into consideration the actual question asked.

Call the 202 number or the DOS hotline, get a human on the phone and have them intervene on your behalf.

And I find it amusing that you can not read my previous posts nor our timeline which would yield that my emailing to the agency happened in late 2009 and not 2007!!!

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

And I find it amusing that you can not read my previous posts nor our timeline which would yield that my emailing to the agency happened in late 2009 and not 2007!!!

Not picking on you and looks like I am dislexic but its mid 2011 and perhaps communication at Moscow has deteriorated since 2009 based on more recent posts.

Timeline

I am stating positive experience in April 2011. Is this recent enough??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I am stating positive experience in April 2011. Is this recent enough??

Negative experience May through Jul 2011.. Maybe they didn't like my mustache? :P

Broken is right, its a ####### shoot with Moscow Embassy. But done now so best wishes to OP and hope your luck is quicker than ours.

Edited by Sergi9

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.