4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience applying for a I-601 waiver for vaccination.

I am a US Citizen living in Australia. I will need to apply for a waiver as neither of my two children are vaccinated.

I am concerned about whether or not the waiver will be accepted and how long it will hold up the visas being issued?

Thanks

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience applying for a I-601 waiver for vaccination.

I am a US Citizen living in Australia. I will need to apply for a waiver as neither of my two children are vaccinated.

I am concerned about whether or not the waiver will be accepted and how long it will hold up the visas being issued?

Thanks

Shouldn't you just do the Consular Report of Birth Abroad and get them US passports? Neither CRBA form or the passport form requires any info on vaccinations.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Hi

Thanks

I have no specific knowledge of this but in some discussions on the web I have seen mention of the problems with CDC (center for disease control) processing waiver paperwork and the lack of ability to find the paperwork and long delays. Not sure it wouldn't be more practical to go ahead and get the shots up to date vs the waiver.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

We get questions about the vaccination waiver occasionally here on VJ and I've never heard of anyone getting approved for it. Additionally, it is a long process to apply for and process a waiver (about a year, and then it usually gets denied, as I said) and is costly. Can I ask the reason the kids are not vaccinated? Ie do they have serious allergies, is it a religious thing or you just don't trust vaccines? How old are the kids and are there specific vaccines they cannot have/ you object to? For some of them, only small kids must have the vaccine; for some others, if they have had the illness there is a blood test you can request to prove immunity.

And yes, all this is only if the kids do not have a claim to US citizenship, if you can get them that, they need no vaccines at all.

Edited by Penguin_ie

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.