26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

hello vj members, i had couple questions

Is any kind of police record certificates required for the NVC documents when you live in the US for more than a year?

Is a court record not enough?

any information is appreciated :)

8Cgqp2.png

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

You will need the records from the FBI. These are the only national records. Local Police or court records wouldn't include anything that would have been on the federal level.

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Timeline

You will need the records from the FBI. These are the only national records. Local Police or court records wouldn't include anything that would have been on the federal level.

Isn't the FBI record required when you had something to do with immigration while staying in the US?

8Cgqp2.png

hello vj members, i had couple questions

Is any kind of police record certificates required for the NVC documents when you live in the US for more than a year?

Is a court record not enough?

any information is appreciated :)

You don't need any kind of police certificate from the US if you've lived there. They can do their own background checks. The only police certificates you need to submit to NVC are those from any foreign countries you've lived since you were 16.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html#police

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

You got the right answer from Saylin - work on getting the PCC from foreign places you lived after turning 16, where you lived more than 6 months in your native country and 1 year in other foreign countries.

USA

01/08/13 - Approved and GC is order for production on 1/8/14

09/12/13 - Case transferred to CSC. NOA2 received on 09/18/13

08/30/13 - Biometrics Done - No walk ins allowed at this LSC (received on 8/16/13).

08/05/13 - NOA1 (received on 08/10/13)

08/01/13 - Mailed I-751 (received on 8/2/13 - check cashed on 8/5/13)

12/28/11 - Received SSN (applied on 12/20/11, as we didn't get based on DS-230 options)
11/28/11 - Received Green Card (Expires on 10/30/13) - Welcome Letter on 11/17/11
10/30/11 - POE - Houston, TX

Chennai Consulate (40 days)
10/28/11 - Received Visa papers and Passport at VFS
10/25/11 - Interview Cleared Successfully (Spouse was not allowed in)

NVC: (90 days from NOA2 to Consulate)
08/31/11 - Case Completed (Interview 10/25/11) - Received at Chennai on 09/19/11
07/22/11 - NVC Case Number

USCIS: (92 days)

6/21/11 - NOA2 (NOA1 on 3/25/11) - took a month to get to NVC
3/21/11 - I-130 sent to USCIS Lockbox, Chicago.

Timeline

You don't need any kind of police certificate from the US if you've lived there. They can do their own background checks. The only police certificates you need to submit to NVC are those from any foreign countries you've lived since you were 16.

Thanks!

I have a paralegal telling me the court records are not enough and that police record certificate is necessary. I've lived in the states for a year after my 16th birthday, and now I'm back in my home country. I've obtained a PCC from here and sent it to them.

8Cgqp2.png

Timeline

Thanks!

I have a paralegal telling me the court records are not enough and that police record certificate is necessary. I've lived in the states for a year after my 16th birthday, and now I'm back in my home country. I've obtained a PCC from here and sent it to them.

8Cgqp2.png

Thanks!

Yeah, I lived in the US previously, but didn't need a police certificate as they do their own background checks if you lived here before. Like I said, they just want the foreign police certificates. Your paralegal definitely doesn't know what they're talking about headbonk.gif

Timeline

Yeah, I lived in the US previously, but didn't need a police certificate as they do their own background checks if you lived here before. Like I said, they just want the foreign police certificates. Your paralegal definitely doesn't know what they're talking about headbonk.gif

So the court records are ok to send with the packet?

8Cgqp2.png

So the court records are ok to send with the packet?

If you were convicted of a crime and went to court, then yes. http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html#records

Timeline

If you were convicted of a crime and went to court, then yes. http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html#records

I have been to court, the ticket got dismissed and i just got supervision for a year which already ended a long time ago.

And no other criminal history.

8Cgqp2.png

I have been to court, the ticket got dismissed and i just got supervision for a year which already ended a long time ago.

And no other criminal history.

Yeah, according to that link, it says they want it anyways, whether it was dismissed or not.

Timeline

Yeah, according to that link, it says they want it anyways, whether it was dismissed or not.

Okay, I told the paralegal to overnight my package. If we get a RFE from NVC saying that the police report is needed then that's when I'm going to send one in. I'm hoping they won't ask.

8Cgqp2.png

Okay, I told the paralegal to overnight my package. If we get a RFE from NVC saying that the police report is needed then that's when I'm going to send one in. I'm hoping they won't ask.

No, they won't ask for a police certificate from the US as it says on the first link I gave before.

Timeline

No, they won't ask for a police certificate from the US as it says on the first link I gave before.

Alright thanks for the help. I have told her before that it's not needed and the court records should be just fine, but she insisted on getting one, because " they need your full background check".

8Cgqp2.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.