310 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Guyana
Timeline

Just filed a service request for my case. The guy I spoke with at USCIS said I should hear something back within 15 days. Let's hope this works!! So excited something is happening after waiting 5+ months.

I did a service request on Monday, as I mentioned. Joseph, a real gentleman with an id number of G682064, said we would also receive notification in 15 days. Impatient as we are, I bought a plane ticket to visit my fiance over the holidays anyway. Right now visa problems are set aside. It's nice to know I'll get to see him in a month.

Hey guiad and vinaysedey I did a service request too and got the same answer...lets all hold hands and pray...GhEEEEze i am about tired of this wait!... :whistle:

Ro

Jun 02, 2011- Applied for I-129F (I-129F) Visa

USCIS

Jun 08, 2011- NOA1 Received I-129F

Jun 13, 2011- USCIS Acceptance confirmation (via Email)

Jun 16, 2011- Received NOA1 Hardcopy

Nov 15, 2011- Put in Service Request (Over 5months)

Nov 23, 2011- Response via email to SR (case "Pending")

Nov 28, 2011- Wrote letter to My district's Representative thru webpage (Gregory Meeks)

Dec 02, 2011- Went to the Local Reps office to have them look into the case further

Dec 07, 2011- Wrote email to the vermont service center ( the got back to me Dec 20, of course to tell me I was approved due to the congressman's inquiry)

Dec 08, 2011- Congressman/Local Rep's inquiry made

Dec 09, 2011- USCIS Text/Email with approval (NOA2) 6 months and 2 days

Dec 14, 2011- Receive NOA2 Hardcopy

NVC

Dec 14, 2011 NVC Received -Got Case number(YAY)

Dec 16, 2012 NVC Left

Consulate

Dec 28, 2011 Consulate Received Case

Dec 28, 2011 Packet 3 Received (via email upon my request)

Dec 29, 2011 Packet 3 Sent

Jan 05, 2012 Packet 4 Received

Jan 25, 2012 Interview

Jan 28, 2012 VISA IN HAND! Yay!

Feb 18, 2012 Hand in hand; NYC Bound to enjoy the COLD with me....staying warm of course *wink wink* \

Mar 24, 2012 OUR BIG DAY

May 07, 2012 Mailed AOS, EAD and AP( Express 2 day )

May 09, 2012 Packet received and signed for

May 11, 2012 Email/Text receipt

God you know my heart and its desire, I'll wait for your time :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

I filed on June 24 and finally got an update today. Unfortunately it was a request for initial evidence. :(

Sorry to hear that. The one consolation you should take, however, is that it means your case is active and being looked at; and it seems from recent statistics that once you submit the RFE (hopefully they are not asking for much), the approval tends to come quickly thereafter.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Our 129-F got approved Nov. 17!

Just one day before that I received a notification regarding the service request I put in Monday saying it would be another 45 days at the most before I should hear anything. So imagine my surprise when I received a text message as I sit in class.

So I put in the service request Monday, Nov. 14 and received the NOA2 Thursday, Nov. 17. Crossing my fingers for all of you guys still. I hope your NOA2s come soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

So does the 15-days of waiting after you file the service request include weekends and/or holidays such as Thanksgiving? I mean it's the US Govt so I'm guessing no... Damnit! So it's probably more like 21 days. GRRRRRR

VisaJourney Time Line:

K1 Visa

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate: New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent: 2011-06-07

I-129F NOA1: 2011-06-10

I-129F NOA2: 2011-12-15

NVC Received: 2012-01-10

Packet 3 Recd: 2012-01-23

Packet 3 Sent: 2012-01-24

Packet 4 Sent: 2012-02-24

Medical Exam: 2012-02-24

Interview: 2012-03-12 - Approved!

US Entry: 2012-05-07 - POE Dallas, TX

Marriage: 2012-05-15

6 months, 5 days from NOA1 to NOA2; No RFE's.

Contacted local congressman to help expedite case at VSC for NOA2. (Definitely helped!)

Contact me if you need any info on a K-1 Visa for India, more than happy to help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow, we just got our approval today after submitting a service request on 11/08/2011. I was hoping to hear something before the holiday. 6 days short of 5months!!!! wow so excited!! :dance:

Edited by Edrotar

Hello sweet people,

Just looked at our status on USCIS website it says now:

Request for Evidence Response Review

So hoping we hear soon something.

Keep smiling, hang in there.

John and Johanna

Filed: Other Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hey guys,

My service request was no help :/ got a lousy email "

"The status of this service request is:

Our computer systems show that your petition or application is still pending U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services consideration. For future status inquiries of a petition or application filed at this Center, you may want to utilize Case Status Online at www.uscis.gov. "

as if i didn't kno it was pending *sigh*

Started a letter to the my district's representative

Happy Thanksgiving. I'm still thankful that i have the privilege of being a US citizen and being able to do this process in the whole...

Ro

Jun 02, 2011- Applied for I-129F (I-129F) Visa

USCIS

Jun 08, 2011- NOA1 Received I-129F

Jun 13, 2011- USCIS Acceptance confirmation (via Email)

Jun 16, 2011- Received NOA1 Hardcopy

Nov 15, 2011- Put in Service Request (Over 5months)

Nov 23, 2011- Response via email to SR (case "Pending")

Nov 28, 2011- Wrote letter to My district's Representative thru webpage (Gregory Meeks)

Dec 02, 2011- Went to the Local Reps office to have them look into the case further

Dec 07, 2011- Wrote email to the vermont service center ( the got back to me Dec 20, of course to tell me I was approved due to the congressman's inquiry)

Dec 08, 2011- Congressman/Local Rep's inquiry made

Dec 09, 2011- USCIS Text/Email with approval (NOA2) 6 months and 2 days

Dec 14, 2011- Receive NOA2 Hardcopy

NVC

Dec 14, 2011 NVC Received -Got Case number(YAY)

Dec 16, 2012 NVC Left

Consulate

Dec 28, 2011 Consulate Received Case

Dec 28, 2011 Packet 3 Received (via email upon my request)

Dec 29, 2011 Packet 3 Sent

Jan 05, 2012 Packet 4 Received

Jan 25, 2012 Interview

Jan 28, 2012 VISA IN HAND! Yay!

Feb 18, 2012 Hand in hand; NYC Bound to enjoy the COLD with me....staying warm of course *wink wink* \

Mar 24, 2012 OUR BIG DAY

May 07, 2012 Mailed AOS, EAD and AP( Express 2 day )

May 09, 2012 Packet received and signed for

May 11, 2012 Email/Text receipt

God you know my heart and its desire, I'll wait for your time :)

I received my RFE in the mail yesterday. Luckily it was not so bad. I forgot to check "no" for the question about have a previous conviction or being court martialed in my application. Wow what a stupid mistake.

For the passport stamps, I had sent a scan of the them, but did not include the identification page.

For my flight boarding passes, they only listed the month and day and they requested they year as well. So I printed off my receipt of my flights and the bank statement showing that I paid with both showing the day, month, and year.

I mailed it earlier today via first class certified mail. I hope it does not take more than a few more weeks to get approved.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I received my RFE in the mail yesterday. Luckily it was not so bad. I forgot to check "no" for the question about have a previous conviction or being court martialed in my application. Wow what a stupid mistake.

For the passport stamps, I had sent a scan of the them, but did not include the identification page.

For my flight boarding passes, they only listed the month and day and they requested they year as well. So I printed off my receipt of my flights and the bank statement showing that I paid with both showing the day, month, and year.

I mailed it earlier today via first class certified mail. I hope it does not take more than a few more weeks to get approved.

I received an RFE back in sept. We had the same problem. I also forgot to check "no". All of those paperworks are so confusing that it's easy to miss something.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Service request came back, USCIS emailed me saying that my case is still pending. So no new news... Scheduled to meet with the local Immigration Officer next week. Also, contacted my local congressman, who said they will call me back this Wednesday with some update or whatever they can find. So hopefully something will happen. 1 more week and it will be 6 months since my NOA1... Just want to give my fiance some good news for the Holidays! Trying anything and everything I can!

VisaJourney Time Line:

K1 Visa

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate: New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent: 2011-06-07

I-129F NOA1: 2011-06-10

I-129F NOA2: 2011-12-15

NVC Received: 2012-01-10

Packet 3 Recd: 2012-01-23

Packet 3 Sent: 2012-01-24

Packet 4 Sent: 2012-02-24

Medical Exam: 2012-02-24

Interview: 2012-03-12 - Approved!

US Entry: 2012-05-07 - POE Dallas, TX

Marriage: 2012-05-15

6 months, 5 days from NOA1 to NOA2; No RFE's.

Contacted local congressman to help expedite case at VSC for NOA2. (Definitely helped!)

Contact me if you need any info on a K-1 Visa for India, more than happy to help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.