NVC Received: 2012-01-10

Packet 3 Recd: 2012-01-23

Packet 3 Sent: 2012-01-24

Packet 4 Sent: 2012-02-24

Medical Exam: 2012-02-24

Interview: 2012-03-12 - Approved!

US Entry: 2012-05-07 - POE Dallas, TX

Marriage: 2012-05-15

6 months, 5 days from NOA1 to NOA2; No RFE's.

Contacted local congressman to help expedite case at VSC for NOA2. (Definitely helped!)

Contact me if you need any info on a K-1 Visa for India, more than happy to help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My estimate is supposed to end Nov. 13. It didn't come today, so I know it won't come over the 3-day weekend.

Disappointed, but maybe we will hear something early next week. Two weeks away from 5 months.

I force myself not to look at my estimate (but I still do and it ended yesterday :rofl: ). The estimate doesn't bother me that much, cause I knew from the beginning it's not always accurate, and it's just an estimate after all..

What bothers me is the lack of approvals from CSC this week. Are they slowing down again?? :huh:

**Removal of conditions**

10/01/2014 Package sent to California Service Center

10/03/2014 NOA1

10/10/2014 Received Biometrics Appointment Letter, Biometrics scheduled for 10/30/14

10/22/2014 Early Biometrics Walk-in - Cleveland, OH - weird experience with the clerk there - told me I can go ahead and get my biometrics taken early, but it might be too early and it might not go through??? If it might be a problem, then why let me do it at all?

02/10/2015 New Biometrics letter received, Biometrics scheduled for 03/09/15- I guess that clerk was right??

03/09/2015 Second biometrics

..waiting..

5/15/2015 Put in a service request online - outside of processing time

5/18/2015 Approved!

5/23/2015 Card in hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

It's been 156 days since my NOA1...and still nothing.

I called USCIS customer service back in early October, talked to an actual person. They said my normal 5 months of waiting was not up yet, please call back after 5 months. So I waited, called on Monday November 7, after waiting the 5 months. They guy on the phone told me the new story, that the 5 months no longer applies, they are currently processing March 15, 2011 applications. (same thing it says on the USCIS website, so it wasn't any new information.) So I tried to file a service request just see if he would do it and if it would go through. He tried and said it won't go through, you will have to wait an additional 85 days... I responded with saying that's another 3 months and I've already waited my standard 5 months, there is no way I'm going to wait 3 more months without some type of update or something. He started telling me that I can schedule an interview with an Immigration Officer in my area to discuss my case in more detail with them. While I was talking to him, he hung up the phone! I was so angry!! But, alas, there isn't much we can do in this situation. Just gotta keep playing the waiting game and hoping.

VisaJourney Time Line:

K1 Visa

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate: New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent: 2011-06-07

I-129F NOA1: 2011-06-10

I-129F NOA2: 2011-12-15

Contacted local congressman to help expedite case at VSC for NOA2. (Definitely helped!)

Contact me if you need any info on a K-1 Visa for India, more than happy to help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

What bothers me is the lack of approvals from CSC this week. Are they slowing down again?? :huh:

Government offices were closed on Friday for Veterans' Day. Who knows what sort of impact that had on the entire week's work.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The five-month waiting period ended today so I'll be calling Monday to file a service request. I called last week to get an update from a human being (though they speak like they might as well be automatons) and I was told to call on Monday to file a service request. My fiance is already gathering the paperwork needed for the second step of the process to speed things along but it's useless without the petition first being passed.

According to the USCIS processing times chart:

USCIS National Goal - 5.0 Month(s)

USCIS National Average - 12.9 Month(s)

California Service Center - 5.0 Month(s)

Effective as of August 31, 2011.

Where does the National average come from? If this whole K-1 process takes over a year I'm going to flip my lid.

Where does the National average come from? If this whole K-1 process takes over a year I'm going to flip my lid.

Hey, don't worry about the national average. I explained the way I see it in an earlier post so I'll just quote myself: :)

I was also worried one day when I looked at the National Average, but then I realized it's an average between all the Service centers processing the petition, so in this case, according to their website, Nebraska Service Center adds its own average which as stated is 44.6 months (I know, right!! Do they even process i-129f's there?), so it weights in and increases the National average drastically and scarily :) What you need to go by is your own Service center average (which you can't really trust either, but anyways). So I really hope no one is really stuck in Nebraska service center :no:

Good luck! :thumbs:

**Removal of conditions**

10/01/2014 Package sent to California Service Center

10/03/2014 NOA1

10/10/2014 Received Biometrics Appointment Letter, Biometrics scheduled for 10/30/14

10/22/2014 Early Biometrics Walk-in - Cleveland, OH - weird experience with the clerk there - told me I can go ahead and get my biometrics taken early, but it might be too early and it might not go through??? If it might be a problem, then why let me do it at all?

02/10/2015 New Biometrics letter received, Biometrics scheduled for 03/09/15- I guess that clerk was right??

03/09/2015 Second biometrics

..waiting..

5/15/2015 Put in a service request online - outside of processing time

5/18/2015 Approved!

5/23/2015 Card in hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

November 15th, 2011 was a lucky day we got our NOA2. Some details about it. I got a text/email at about 10-45 last night. I was under the impression that the "touch" date would change when they look at the application, however I checked USCIS website at around 5 pm yesterday and it still had the July 18th touch date as the latest.

Another interesting fact, is that we decided to change the consulate and I sent a letter to USCIS about 5 days ago to request that, not sure if that triggered someone to look in our file... just interesting that we got the NOA@ few days letter after I sent the letter. NOA 2 was received after 4 months and 2 weeks, it was a long journey and I sympathize with all that are still waiting, hope you all get it soon :-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Just filed a service request for my case. The guy I spoke with at USCIS said I should hear something back within 15 days. Let's hope this works!! So excited something is happening after waiting 5+ months.

VisaJourney Time Line:

K1 Visa

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate: New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent: 2011-06-07

I-129F NOA1: 2011-06-10

I-129F NOA2: 2011-12-15

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just filed a service request for my case. The guy I spoke with at USCIS said I should hear something back within 15 days. Let's hope this works!! So excited something is happening after waiting 5+ months.

I hope it works too :thumbs: . WOW , I cant believe there are so many June filers still left. USCIS needs to do better grrr.

US Citizenship

February 2, 2016 - Package mailed

February 8,2016 - Credit card charged

February 9, 2016 - NOA1

March 1, 2016 - Biometrics Appt

March 29, 2016 - In Line for interview

April 1, 2016 - Interview Scheduled

April 4, 2016 - Interview letter received in the mail

May 10, 2016 - Interview Day! (Approved)

June 8, 2016 - Oath Ceremony

Hello sweet people,

We called the USCIS last week, told us to wait another 78 days. The nice lady at the phone was asking us if we would like to have a service request, so said yes

of course. After all these months we couldn't sign into the USCIS site to see our case status either. I woke up this morning and thought i going to sign into

the USCIS site for our case status, and was sitting here like, huhhhhhhhhhhh. We are showing on there, my oh my. It said we have been send an

RFE on the 15th November. Its an initial evidence. Will know when my lovey gets the letter this week.

Want to wish all of you all the happiness in the world when your having your NOA2 or getting the NOA2.

Good luck to all who still waiting.

John and Johanna

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I did a service request on Monday, as I mentioned. Joseph, a real gentleman with an id number of G682064, said we would also receive notification in 15 days. Impatient as we are, I bought a plane ticket to visit my fiance over the holidays anyway. Right now visa problems are set aside. It's nice to know I'll get to see him in a month.

Hi sweet people,

Hope you all are okay.

My sweetie got the RFE today and it stated that there was from one of us no passport pictures. We know for sure that

we enclosed that in the papers we send. But anyways, my sweetie has let made two new ones and send em back to them. Hope

we are hearing something soon.

Good luck to all of you, hang in there.

John and Johanna

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.