Lana & Mauro

NEED NEW G-325A, Biographical Information Form

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

My fiancé and I are preparing our K-1 Visa Package (I-129 F Petition, including all necessary paperwork and proof of an ongoing relationship) ... It's been quite a process so far, but we've managed to put everything together except this missing form: G-325 A, which just expired on 06/30/2011. We even looked for it on the USCIS website and searched "NEW G-325 A form for K-1 visa ..." Still couldn't come up with the most recent version.

We're wondering if anyone else has experienced this same "problem" ... or if not, any advice? Should I request it via mail from my local USCIS Field Office (Sacramento, California)? I'd prefer to just be able to print out the PDF File rather than have to rely on "snail mail" especially since we're both living in Spain at the moment.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you and good luck to all fellow VisaJourney couples!

- Lana & Mauro

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I would say that if there is no newer version, the latest is fine although expired. Also, I remember that for certain forms USCS accepts several versions, basically because they do not change the substance of the info requested. G-325A is one of them. Check this out: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

My fiancé and I are preparing our K-1 Visa Package (I-129 F Petition, including all necessary paperwork and proof of an ongoing relationship) ... It's been quite a process so far, but we've managed to put everything together except this missing form: G-325 A, which just expired on 06/30/2011. We even looked for it on the USCIS website and searched "NEW G-325 A form for K-1 visa ..." Still couldn't come up with the most recent version.

We're wondering if anyone else has experienced this same "problem" ... or if not, any advice? Should I request it via mail from my local USCIS Field Office (Sacramento, California)? I'd prefer to just be able to print out the PDF File rather than have to rely on "snail mail" especially since we're both living in Spain at the moment.

- Lana & Mauro

If you find the form on the USCIS website, the expiration of the form doesn’t have any effect on the validation of the form. So you can use it. If you use the expired form while the website provides a valid form, then you will be in trouble.

Good luck

K-1 Time Line

Service Center:_California Service Center

Consulate: _Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent: _2011-03-20

I-129F NOA1:_ 2011-03-30

I-129F NOA2:_2011-06-18

NVC Received: _2011-07-19

NVC Left:_2011-07-20

Consulate Received:_2011-07-25

Packet 3 Received: _2011-07-28

Packet 3 Sent: _2011-07-29

Packet 4 Received:_ 2011-08-09

Interview Date: _ 2011-08-24

Interview Result:_ Approved(After 3 weeks AP)

Visa Received:_2011-09-21

US Entry:_@ JFK 2011-11-16

Marriage: _2011-12-20

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed: _2012-02-07

NOA Date: _2012-02-13

Bio. Appt. Notice recieved_2012-02-17

Bio. Appt.:2012-03-12@ 8:00 AM in Columbus OH

Bio Done:2012-03-05 WALK IN- Columbus OH

State ID: 2012-03-05

DL Permit: 2012-03-08

AOS Transfer: 2012-03-14

AOS Touched @ USCIS: 2012-03-21

EAD/AP Approved & Card Producton: 2012-04-03

EAD/AP on Hand:2012-04-11

AOS_RFE: 2012-09-28

RFE Sent: 2012-11-09

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

If you find the form on the USCIS website, the expiration of the form doesn’t have any effect on the validation of the form. So you can use it. If you use the expired form while the website provides a valid form, then you will be in trouble.

Good luck

not always. check the link above. USCIS accepts several versions of various forms. Not saying that one should use an expired form on purpose, but even if that happens, it's not a tragedy.

Timeline

I would say that if there is no newer version, the latest is fine although expired. Also, I remember that for certain forms USCS accepts several versions, basically because they do not change the substance of the info requested. G-325A is one of them. Check this out: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Thank you for your information! We were thinking of just filing out the form we have available and checking with USCIS. I will be back in California by the middle of the month (unfortunately without my fiancé), so I will be able to speak to someone at the U.S. Immigration Field Office (just made an appointment for 7/18). *Any tips on what to expect when I go? We send you another "thanks" in advance. :) I guess you can tell that this is our first time doing all of this ... haha

By the way, we noticed you're from Italy (Mauro's home country) and your local office was in San Francisco (Lana's/my hometown). We considered going through the SF office, but our case was a bit "special" since I've been working in Spain for the past 2 years (long story short) .... I chose the office closest to my last place of residence (Sacramento). So we will see how it works out ...

It's really nice to have the chance to hear from people who have been through the same process. It's like a light at the end of the tunnel ... gives us hope.

Congratulations on being newlyweds!

Grazie Mille,

Lana & Mauro

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

- Lana & Mauro

I´m from Sacramento too! :) And about the form..don´t worry if there isn´t an updated form on the website then just use that one,it will be fine. No problems :star:

Sent I-130---------6/6/11

NOA1---------------6/10/11

Touched------------6/15/11

Touched------------8/9/11

NOA2---------------10/14/11 :) yeeeaaahh no RFE´s

Interview----------02/10/12 ***** :) a piece of cake!!

Got Visa in hand---02/13/12 in Morelia,Mich.

uZFTm5.png

Timeline

Good luck

Thank you too, Love Eth. I will keep checking back on the website just in case any new forms pop up, but I know that's not going to happen today of all days! :) If we don't find anything in the coming week, we'll go with what we have.

I appreciate your time and help. Also, we'll take as much good luck as we can get! :)

Happy 4th of July to you all!

All the best,

Lana & Mauro

Timeline

I´m from Sacramento too! :) And about the form..don´t worry if there isn´t an updated form on the website then just use that one,it will be fine. No problems :star:

Small world! :) Our first post and we "meet" people from our common areas just like that. The world just keeps getting smaller by the day ...

Thank you for the advice too!

We'll keep everyone posted on how it goes and keep both fingers crossed while our heads are kinda spinning with all this) :wacko:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Small world! :) Our first post and we "meet" people from our common areas just like that. The world just keeps getting smaller by the day ...

Thank you for the advice too!

We'll keep everyone posted on how it goes and keep both fingers crossed while our heads are kinda spinning with all this) :wacko:

Yeap :D ..well I wish you guys the best of luck..we are still waiting for our NOA2.. we´ll keep each other updated!

Sent I-130---------6/6/11

NOA1---------------6/10/11

Touched------------6/15/11

Touched------------8/9/11

NOA2---------------10/14/11 :) yeeeaaahh no RFE´s

Interview----------02/10/12 ***** :) a piece of cake!!

Got Visa in hand---02/13/12 in Morelia,Mich.

uZFTm5.png

Filed: Country: Tunisia
Timeline

I am having the same issue. My fiance just mailed me his signed g325a a couple of weeks ago, and the form is expired, but there is no newer form on the government site, so I am going to file it as is. It is dated before the expiration of the form.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

.... keep both fingers crossed while our heads are kinda spinning with all this) :wacko:

Dont worry this is a very common state on this site .... :yes:

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Use whatever form is on their website.

AOS TIMELINE:

02/08/2012 AOS Application Sent.

02/14/2012 NOA Hard Copy Received for EAD and AOS in mail 2/14/2012.

03/01/2012 Biometrics letter received. Bio scheduled at 3pm on 03/29.

03/29/2012 Successful Biometrics. In & out only 20 mins.

04/03/2012 Received text and email of EAD card production.

04/05/2012 Received text and email of EAD card mailed.

04/06/2012 Received EAD Card.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I was just about to ask this. I saw it was about to expire and waited for the new form to be put up. I didn't think this one would be so bad to have an expired form, but I wanted to check. I guess if they haven't put a new one up it doesn't matter then :) now I can finish these off :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.