Tim and Erin

Permanent Resident Status - online notice

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

On June 18 I received my EAD card in the mail (with Advance Parole).

Today I checked online for the status of my permanent residency application...

"On June 29, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later."

What happens next? Will I need an AOS interview?

Getting so excited I can hardly sit still! :dance:

Hey, we got approved the same day! :)

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Timeline

So is there anything else to do at this point? Does "approval" mean I won't need an interview?

I still haven't applied for SS number, but I will do that this week.

Congrats to you Messybrownhair!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

So is there anything else to do at this point? Does "approval" mean I won't need an interview?

I still haven't applied for SS number, but I will do that this week.

Congrats to you Messybrownhair!

I am guessing your case was transferred to the CSC. You are approved without an interview. Congrats!

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

I know it sounds hard to believe, but its done, we are approved! we just need to wait for it to arrive in the mail :)

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow, congrats to you both!

Today, I woke up with a text fr USCIS that my EAD card is on production, checked my email and sure it said same thing, checked my cases status at the USCUS website..am happy! I got a job offer 2 days ago and we're just waiting for my EAD so I can apply for SSN and my state ID/DL then I can start work! I am one of the many who check the online status a million time a day..hahha!

God is great!

Please pray for our AOS interview set on July 25, 2011 @ 10am @ the Indianapolis CIS. I read some feedback about the office..all saying they were interviewed separately (25 mins in all on the average)...if there's anyone who wanna share their experience specifically in Indy, pls PM me or share experience in the feedback section.

Thanks!

prep.mac

Timeline

Congrats, prep.mac! Feels good, huh? :dance:

I am also looking forward to working, getting my driver's license changed over, and opening a bank account. This whole process has been so expensive. :wacko:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.