Mrs Green

Travelling to USA while i wait

15 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Going to spend some time with my family while i wait for PD to become current. Has anyone done this since year, what was yr experience at POE?

Mother and father travelled for years while their case was pending (F3). They have never been questioned at any POE. Brother's visa was expired and renewed while parent's case was at the NVC and completed.. Yet he had no issues with renewal. He travelled to the USA after my parents were approved at tge interview and had no issues at POE (not together). He now as a direct case pending (F2A) and he will visit here in the next 30 days travelling with me (brother) back to the USA and i am sure he will be fine. I'm sure you too will be fine.... Answer the questions asked truthfully... If it puts you at ease bring documents supporting your intent to go home.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Timeline

My case too is pending and I just came back from the states this wekend, absolutely no challenges at POE

NICE.......star_smile.gif

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Thanks for the responses. I am not perturbed, it is just that people have been telling my husband that POE might give hard time.

The problem is there is no hard and fast rule. YOu have an immigrant VISA pending which indicates "immigrant intent" the CBP officers are cowboys they can and do just about whatever they want to. Some folks have no issues others get hassled. No way of telling until you go to POE

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bhutan
Timeline

My case too is pending and I just came back from the states this wekend, absolutely no challenges at POE

My spouse applied to visit me in the states last year before i filled for her but her application was denied.she was a student there and there was no intend for her to stay here illegelly.but i think it was bad luck :crying::crying:

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

My spouse applied to visit me in the states last year before i filled for her but her application was denied.she was a student there and there was no intend for her to stay here illegelly.but i think it was bad luck :crying::crying:

is she not eligible for the visa waiver program?

6kHOm4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks for the responses. I am not perturbed, it is just that people have been telling my husband that POE might give hard time.

He won't have a problem this is my second trip since my case has been pending and I haven't had any challenges whatsoever. I dont think they have records of the case at POE unless it is an active case at the NVC

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bhutan
Timeline

is she not eligible for the visa waiver program?

No becoz she is a permanent residence of australia.she dont have aussi passport yet.

Can she travel in a visa waiver programme once she got the passport of aus, while the case is pending at NVC?

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

No becoz she is a permanent residence of australia.she dont have aussi passport yet.

Can she travel in a visa waiver programme once she got the passport of aus, while the case is pending at NVC?

I think so if you show ties etc but it's still POE call

6kHOm4.png

Timeline

Happy 4th of July!!! I arrived safe and sound in the USA and looking forward to spending quality time with my family.

Hoping for big movements in the next few months of the VB. Let's keep the positive energy flowing VJ Family!!!

NOA1---- Sept 14, 2010

NOA2---- Dec. 02, 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.