Ren00

Our chances of getting my boyfriend from Afghanistan a tourist visa.

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I met my boyfriend last year in Afghanistan. I was there for approximately one year for work. I am also a United States Citizen and in the U.S Army. I have now returned to the U.S. We are very much in love and we have both decided that it's time to take our relationship to the next level. We would like to be married one day but we don't want to rush it and we don't want to think of it as the only option to get him to the States. His parents have already given him their blessing to marry me if he wishes. Anyways, our plan is to put in a petion for a tourist visa so he can come to visit for as long as they will grant him. Then he will return to Afghanistan to continue to work with the U.S. military to save money. At that point I will finish up my semster of college and also save money. While he is here we will get "officially" engaged and have a party or what not. The only thing I am worried about is if he is competely honest at the interview, Im afraid they will deny his visa knowing that he is coming to the states to visit a girlfriend. They may suspect he will try to stay. At that point what should we do if they deny him a tourist visa? Apply for another tourist visa? Or at that point apply for Fiance Visa? We do have pictures we have taken over the course of the year to prove that we are in a real relationship. Also, I have phone bills..etc. What are your suggestions?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Gotta do K-1 for financee. bringing him here on tourist visa would require him to have family in US that he visits.

I met my boyfriend last year in Afghanistan. I was there for approximately one year for work. I am also a United States Citizen and in the U.S Army. I have now returned to the U.S. We are very much in love and we have both decided that it's time to take our relationship to the next level. We would like to be married one day but we don't want to rush it and we don't want to think of it as the only option to get him to the States. His parents have already given him their blessing to marry me if he wishes. Anyways, our plan is to put in a petion for a tourist visa so he can come to visit for as long as they will grant him. Then he will return to Afghanistan to continue to work with the U.S. military to save money. At that point I will finish up my semster of college and also save money. While he is here we will get "officially" engaged and have a party or what not. The only thing I am worried about is if he is competely honest at the interview, Im afraid they will deny his visa knowing that he is coming to the states to visit a girlfriend. They may suspect he will try to stay. At that point what should we do if they deny him a tourist visa? Apply for another tourist visa? Or at that point apply for Fiance Visa? We do have pictures we have taken over the course of the year to prove that we are in a real relationship. Also, I have phone bills..etc. What are your suggestions?

Filed: Timeline

Gotta do K-1 for financee. bringing him here on tourist visa would require him to have family in US that he visits.

Not true. Lots of people without family in the US have received tourist visas.

While it may be hard for a single young man from Afghanistan to get a tourist visa, the fact that his man has ties to the US military may help. He should apply for the tourist visa if he does not intend to get marry while in the US. He may or may not get the visa, but the only way to know is to apply for it.

Alternatively, the USC can file to petition for him as a fiancee. The fiancee visa (K1) requires him to marry within 90 days. If he doesn't get marry, then he has to leave when the visa expires.

Unfortunately for the OP, Afghanistan is on the US's list of terrorist countries so any filing will take a bit of time. Don't be surprise if he is put into AP hell.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

bringing him here on tourist visa would require him to have family in US that he visits.

..and since when the requirements of a B2 tourist visa include that the applicant must have relatives in the US?.....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I dont think that this is what it means

getting a tourist visa to the US is really hard even if you have a family in the US, taking me as an example , im a GC holder , paying taxes , obey the law etc , tried to get my parents (58 and 50 years old) a tourist visa , and they were denied (the first time) , I made sure they get approved 2nd time though,

to make it short, its not a requirement but he has to have hard ties to his country and since its hard to prove, its better to get a K1 fiance visa,

Please refer to the guides on the top of the page to learn more aboutthe process

Good Luck

..and since when the requirements of a B2 tourist visa include that the applicant must have relatives in the US?.....

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

No harm him trying, a long shot.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Never ever make a false statement on any of the visa forms or at interview, it will be recorded and attached to his file and is maintained for years.

I can tell you from my personal experience, they had it on record wht I had told them 10 yrs back.

I would say if he is perm employeed by US Army use that as the a significant tie to home country and he would return back after the visit.

It would be difficult, but always tell the truth and also let the CO know that he has plan to visit GF, but he is not staying in US on this visit.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.