xiao mei

Our I-751 Interview Experience

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Thanks for sharing your experience. Good luck to you and I am sure that you will be fine.

If this makes you feel better, during my AOS interview the interviewer did tell me that she needs to understand my case and told us that they would send us the decision in about a month.

As it turns out she approved me that very day and couple of weeks later when I got the letter it said approval date to be the date of the interview.

Good luck.

rahul

Timeline
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Naturalization N400...

01/16/2015 --- Package Sent

02/18/2015 --- Fingerprints done

=====================================================

• 1 year later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Over a year later and we're still waiting!!!

We got called in for a second interview September 22. Thankfully this time it wasn't a Stokes interview but the man conducting the interview HAD NO RECORD OF OUR ORIGINAL INTERVIEW >:[ The interviewer was a lot nicer this time. He seemed more confused than us as to what was going on though. He even told us that they had sent people to our home. Husband works full time and is in grad school so he's gone from 7 am to 10 pm. I'm in school full time and watch my nieces in the evening so that she can go to school as well so I don't get home until around the same time. On the weekends we normally go to visit my parents on the weekends. When they came by we weren't home both times. They asked our neighbors if they recognized a picture of us and they said they recognized my husband and not me. They showed them a picture of me when I was 20 (I don't look nearly the same) and I'm completely bald now due to alopecia so of course they said they don't recognize me. That got us flagged as fraud which caused them to schedule this second interview.

Once again we came armed with binders of evidence and this time we made sure that he looked at all of our photo albums. I've been to China to meet his family and he's always around mine. That's a lot of work and money if we were a "sham marriage" The interviewer said he had no doubt of our authenticity (we've been married 4 and a half years now) but once again, they did not have our complete case file on site. I think they must have lost it somewhere and wont do anything about it. It's going on 60 day since the third interview and its still set as pending. I really don't know what to do at this point other than writing our congressperson

• 9 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

We got called in for a second interview September 22. Thankfully this time it wasn't a Stokes interview but the man conducting the interview HAD NO RECORD OF OUR ORIGINAL INTERVIEW >:[ The interviewer was a lot nicer this time. He seemed more confused than us as to what was going on though. He even told us that they had sent people to our home. Husband works full time and is in grad school so he's gone from 7 am to 10 pm. I'm in school full time and watch my nieces in the evening so that she can go to school as well so I don't get home until around the same time. On the weekends we normally go to visit my parents on the weekends. When they came by we weren't home both times. They asked our neighbors if they recognized a picture of us and they said they recognized my husband and not me. They showed them a picture of me when I was 20 (I don't look nearly the same) and I'm completely bald now due to alopecia so of course they said they don't recognize me. That got us flagged as fraud which caused them to schedule this second interview.

Once again we came armed with binders of evidence and this time we made sure that he looked at all of our photo albums. I've been to China to meet his family and he's always around mine. That's a lot of work and money if we were a "sham marriage" The interviewer said he had no doubt of our authenticity (we've been married 4 and a half years now) but once again, they did not have our complete case file on site. I think they must have lost it somewhere and wont do anything about it. It's going on 60 day since the third interview and its still set as pending. I really don't know what to do at this point other than writing our congressperson

Geeze,unbelievable. Have you got approved yet? I tried to answer the questions they asked you and luckily I still remember them. But seriously, I even don't remember my toothbrush color dry.pngdry.pngdry.png I'm sleepy like hell in the morning and I won't brush my teeth till after midnight

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think on your status you have been approved for the 10 years green card.

Can you update us what happened after the 2nd interview?

A replay is greatly appreciated!

I-751

10/20/12 mailed in package

10/29/12 received NOA letter

12/10/12 ASC appointment letter

01/02/13 Biometrics appointment

07/15/13 RFE

08/12/13 Mailed RFE package

09/30/13 Received Interview notice

10/09/13 Interviewunsure.png

??/??/13 pending......cray5ol.gif

Timeline

Sorry I never updated but we were finally approved in November of 2012. We got rid of the attorney that only seemed to take our money and do nothing else. We retained another lawyer that threatened all but fire and brimstone and his permanent resident card was in our mailbox within the month. I honestly honk it was just a case of gross negligence. I don't know how they managed to send people out to stalk us and couldn't even find our file in the first place. All I can recommend is that if you're in the same situation to peruse the situation aggressively or hire someone that will. Also if you're a sham in the same situation you'll go to jail. Once we started aggressively fighting the situation they all but had us stalked with people showing up at random hours, calls to relatives and even my job.

Sorry for all the typos. I'm on my ipad

Timeline

Geeze,unbelievable. Have you got approved yet? I tried to answer the questions they asked you and luckily I still remember them. But seriously, I even don't remember my toothbrush color <_<<_<<_< I'm sleepy like hell in the morning and I won't brush my teeth till after midnight

Sorry I never updated but we were finally approved in November of 2012 just shy of 90 days after the third interview. We got rid of the attorney that only seemed to take our money and do nothing else. We retained another lawyer that threatened all but fire and brimstone and hubby's permanent resident card was in our mailbox within the month. I honestly think it was just a case of gross negligence. I don't know how they managed to send people out to our house when they couldn't even find our file in the first place. All I can recommend is that if you're in the same situation to pursue the situation aggressively or hire someone that will. Also if you're a sham in the same situation it's probably best to just divorce because they do not like people fighting back and will do everything they can to prove you're fraudulent. Once we started aggressively fighting the situation they all but had us stalked with people showing up at random hours, calls to relatives and even my job. One man even offered to not press charges if I just admitted we were a sham. It was a nightmare

Geeze,unbelievable. Have you got approved yet? I tried to answer the questions they asked you and luckily I still remember them. But seriously, I even don't remember my toothbrush color <_<<_<<_< I'm sleepy like hell in the morning and I won't brush my teeth till after midnight

Man this sucks. What is the status of ur case?

Thanks for sharing your experience. Good luck to you and I am sure that you will be fine.

If this makes you feel better, during my AOS interview the interviewer did tell me that she needs to understand my case and told us that they would send us the decision in about a month.

As it turns out she approved me that very day and couple of weeks later when I got the letter it said approval date to be the date of the interview.

Good luck.

Any update on this for you? I have my interview coming up very soon and anxious about it.

thanks and good luck for you and everyone else

I think on your status you have been approved for the 10 years green card.

Can you update us what happened after the 2nd interview?

A replay is greatly appreciated!

Sorry I never updated but we were finally approved in November of 2012 just shy of 90 days after the third interview. We got rid of the attorney that only seemed to take our money and do nothing else. We retained another lawyer that threatened all but fire and brimstone and hubby's permanent resident card was in our mailbox within the month. I honestly think it was just a case of gross negligence. I don't know how they managed to send people out to our house when they couldn't even find our file in the first place. All I can recommend is that if you're in the same situation to pursue the situation aggressively or hire someone that will. Also if you're a sham in the same situation it's probably best to just divorce because they do not like people fighting back and will do everything they can to prove you're fraudulent. Once we started aggressively fighting the situation they all but had us stalked with people showing up at random hours, calls to relatives and even my job. One man even offered to not press charges if I just admitted we were a sham. It was a nightmare

• 2 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.