Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

What do I REALLY need for the I-134?

I have:

One year of pay stubs

Letter of employment from my employer

Three years of most recent tax returns

the I-134 filled out and signed

Does ANYTHING have to be notarized, and do I have to SIGN the tax returns? They were e-filed.

Do I need to include anything else?

ALSO:

Do I need to submit another letter of intent to marry, one for me and one for my fiance?

Please help with these questions I am flying there tomorrow, and I am frantically finishing all the paperwork.

Thanks

Lemon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Lemon,

I included approximately six recent paystubs; a letter from my employer; a letter from the bank which included when I opened the accounts, how much was deposited in the accounts during the past year, and how much is currently in the account. I had this notarized, but I don't think that's really necessary, I just did that because the person who was doing the letter just happened to be a Notary Public. I noticed you don't have this in your list, and since you're leaving tomorrow, do you think you will have the time to get it? It is listed on the I-134 Instructions as something that's good to have. I also included three years of tax returns and I did not sign them as they were e-filed as well, and I also included three years of tax transcripts. I included another letter for Intent to Marry, and they handed those back to Ben.

I hope this helps and good luck with everything! God Bless...~Jill

Men are like stars ~ there are a million of them, but only ONE can make your dreams come true. I found my STAR...

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey thanks for the reply...

I thought I read that we don't actually have to have a letter from the bank manager.. can anyone verify? Do the tax returns need to be notarized? What is the difference between the tax return and the transcript? I just have what I printed out when I filed...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey thanks for the reply...

I thought I read that we don't actually have to have a letter from the bank manager.. can anyone verify? Do the tax returns need to be notarized? What is the difference between the tax return and the transcript? I just have what I printed out when I filed...

Tax transcripts come directly from the IRS. They are free, and you get them by phone, online or at your local office. When using transcripts from the IRS, no need to send in copies of every form, schedule, W-2s, 1099s, etc. The tax transcripts cover all of that.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

5 to 6 pay stubs, 1 year tax transcripts(you will need 3 tax transcripts when you do your Aos for i-864. You don't need Bank statements unless you didn't meet income requirements and you have alot money in the bank to help your income.

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Ok thanks everyone..

So I don't have to notarize anything... right?

And do I need to sign the tax returns, just randomly on the pages? Do they accept photocopies?

I sent in copies of tax returns and did not notarize anything. I would include copies of your most recent pay stubs I sent in a year's worth but few months would do and if as indicated you make a lot more than the necessary then no need for bank statements or signed ones.

Good luck! :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Ok thanks everyone..

So I don't have to notarize anything... right?

And do I need to sign the tax returns, just randomly on the pages? Do they accept photocopies?

U dont have to have the tax stuff notarized nor do u need to sign them....Do however type new letter of intents one for u and one for him.....good luck and journey mercy! Also a letter from the bank is not necessary i did not send one and we were approved no problem....

Edited by patient2010

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.