∞♥

Interview duration

39 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What is the average duration (from entry to exit) for the interview?

Also, are there any certain things that would indicate that there are problems with the interview process? I have read where people basically leave with no info and that they receive a letter saying there are problems...do they not tell you before you leave, or do they just leave you in limbo?

Many thanks!

Brian

∞♥

Our Visa Journey

09/06/11 - Home!

09/24/11 - Married

tarsier.jpgpalms.jpgmmf.jpgch.jpgnv.jpgpalm.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

What is the average duration (from entry to exit) for the interview?

Also, are there any certain things that would indicate that there are problems with the interview process? I have read where people basically leave with no info and that they receive a letter saying there are problems...do they not tell you before you leave, or do they just leave you in limbo?

Many thanks!

Brian

I don't mean to be rude but OMG are you really asking this question. I know interview will be in Philippines but each case is different, just go to interview with open mind and chill. No 2 cases are the same

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Timeline

I don't mean to be rude but OMG are you really asking this question. I know interview will be in Philippines but each case is different, just go to interview with open mind and chill. No 2 cases are the same

I don't mean to be rude either...I know they will be different, that's why I asked about an average time.

∞♥

Our Visa Journey

09/06/11 - Home!

09/24/11 - Married

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I don't know with other embassies. The one in Denmark doesn't allow any watches so I lost track of time. I have no idea if it took 10 or 25 minutes with the actual interview.

Besides, it depends completely on the questions, answers and the specific case. One can take two minutes with an approval on the spot, others may take the same amount of time and end up in AP/denied.

Being prepared, confident and truthful makes it more comfortable. Being over-prepared, overly confident and hesitant makes it harder for the visa applicant, and the interviewer as well.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Timeline

I don't know with other embassies. The one in Denmark doesn't allow any watches so I lost track of time. I have no idea if it took 10 or 25 minutes with the actual interview.

Besides, it depends completely on the questions, answers and the specific case. One can take two minutes with an approval on the spot, others may take the same amount of time and end up in AP/denied.

Being prepared, confident and truthful makes it more comfortable. Being over-prepared, overly confident and hesitant makes it harder for the visa applicant, and the interviewer as well.

Thanks!

∞♥

Our Visa Journey

09/06/11 - Home!

09/24/11 - Married

The actual interview with the Consular Officer in Manila is going to be 5-7 minutes on average. If there are no problems they will approve you in 5 minutes or less. If there are issues that will cause the CO not to approve they will determine this in the 5-7 minute period and either put you in administrative review or ask you to submit additional evidence. Either way 10 minutes will be a long interview. A lot of applicants go through Manila Embassy and they keep them moving relatively fast.

06/28/2010: Sent I-130
08/25/2010: NOA1
09/01/2010: Touched
11/02/2010: Transferred to TSC
11/30/2010: Rec'd update saying petition sent to local USCIS office
01/26/2011: Called NCSC and put in service request
02/03/2011: RFE
02/11/2011: RFE hardcopy rec'd: passport photos missing
02/14/2011: RFE response sent
02/16/2011: RFE response rec'd by TSC
03/01/2011: Touched
03/09/2011: NOA2
03/17/2011: Shipped to NVC
03/21/2011: Touched
03/23/2011: NVC case number assigned
03/24/2011: Emailed choice of agent
03/28/2011: AOS fee paid and packet sent
03/29/2011: Paid DS-230 fee
03/31/2011: DS-230 packet sent to NVC
04/08/2011: RFE for AOS packet
04/16/2011: Resent corrected I-864
04/28/2011: Sign in failed
04/29/2011: NVC Case Complete
05/20/2011: Case forwarded to US Embassy Manila
06/01/2011: Medical exam completed at St. Luke's
06/10/2011: Interview - approved pending CENOMAR reverification from NSO
06/17/2011: Embassy received CENOMAR
06/29/2011: Visa in hand!!
07/01/2011: POE San Fransisco

05/14/2013: Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

05/20/2013: NOA1

05/23/2013: Check cleared

06/18/2013: Biometrics appt.

08/27/2013: Email from USCIS saying new card approved/ordered

09/03/2013: Green card received

07/01/2014: N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox

07/29/2014: Biometrics

09/25/2014: Interview (passed civics test but need to provide more documents)

11/14/2014: Oath Ceremony in Lexington, KY

Timeline

The actual interview with the Consular Officer in Manila is going to be 5-7 minutes on average. If there are no problems they will approve you in 5 minutes or less. If there are issues that will cause the CO not to approve they will determine this in the 5-7 minute period and either put you in administrative review or ask you to submit additional evidence. Either way 10 minutes will be a long interview. A lot of applicants go through Manila Embassy and they keep them moving relatively fast.

Thank you for the information!!!

∞♥

Our Visa Journey

09/06/11 - Home!

09/24/11 - Married

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

From what I have learned and read so far:

Best advice: relationship needs to be real. No one can tell you when there or are not problems. It is like going to the doctor, some people are diagnosed right away, and some people take hours. Same with the embassy, some are quick, and some are just not easy. just follow the motto: Be prepared.

Medical: two days.

first day: about 4 to 5 hours, stop on almost every floor.

second day: about 2 hours stamp of approval or test, if approved, get shots,

Embassy:

Average time: 4 to 5 hours, (some as short as 30 to 50 minutes if early.) typical time is 3 hours. Much of this is waiting for number to be called. (in the back, they are checking the forms, the application, the verification of income, NBI, CENOMAR, running fingerprints through databases.) And yes they are watching you in the waiting area as well. What type of person you are. Social, quiet, active, excited, sad, etc. this also gives them tips.

Biometrics is easy.

Problems: pre-screen, missing basic questions. Many people have provided list here. It helps to know your fiance.

Consular Interview: verify pre-screen, plus additional questions. ALL questions come from paperwork. They do not know you well enough to make up questions not on the paperwork. If your fiance does not know you, or has not taken the time to know you, It will show. Too much detail to an answer on a question is as bad as too little detail. Taking too long to answer can be as bad as answering too quickly. Again this depends on how well you know each other. Some questions are just for facial expressions or posture rather then the answer themselves. The counselor officer will decide by reading the person during the interview about the relationship. Each case is different. Those with annulments, divorces, children, religion differences, will probably take longer. The CO interview is relationship determination. You can miss a ton of questions and pass, you can get all questions right and fail. The CO interview is a personality interview. The CO is watching everything you do. Hands, face, etc. Since filipinas are extremely expressive, this is very key in the CO interview. You can know all of the questions on here, answer every single question right but fail. there is no way to know. The key is, is the relationship real. No one here can tell you the right or wrong, when you are in trouble or not. It just depends on the case, on the interview. etc. the one thing to know is, these people see hundreds of cases a day. A denial is because something during the interview, or while waiting in the embassy made them question the relationship.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

From what I have learned and read so far:

Best advice: relationship needs to be real. No one can tell you when there or are not problems. It is like going to the doctor, some people are diagnosed right away, and some people take hours. Same with the embassy, some are quick, and some are just not easy. just follow the motto: Be prepared.

Medical: two days.

first day: about 4 to 5 hours, stop on almost every floor.

second day: about 2 hours stamp of approval or test, if approved, get shots,

Embassy:

Average time: 4 to 5 hours, (some as short as 30 to 50 minutes if early.) typical time is 3 hours. Much of this is waiting for number to be called. (in the back, they are checking the forms, the application, the verification of income, NBI, CENOMAR, running fingerprints through databases.) And yes they are watching you in the waiting area as well. What type of person you are. Social, quiet, active, excited, sad, etc. this also gives them tips.

Biometrics is easy.

Problems: pre-screen, missing basic questions. Many people have provided list here. It helps to know your fiance.

Consular Interview: verify pre-screen, plus additional questions. ALL questions come from paperwork. They do not know you well enough to make up questions not on the paperwork. If your fiance does not know you, or has not taken the time to know you, It will show. Too much detail to an answer on a question is as bad as too little detail. Taking too long to answer can be as bad as answering too quickly. Again this depends on how well you know each other. Some questions are just for facial expressions or posture rather then the answer themselves. The counselor officer will decide by reading the person during the interview about the relationship. Each case is different. Those with annulments, divorces, children, religion differences, will probably take longer. The CO interview is relationship determination. You can miss a ton of questions and pass, you can get all questions right and fail. The CO interview is a personality interview. The CO is watching everything you do. Hands, face, etc. Since filipinas are extremely expressive, this is very key in the CO interview. You can know all of the questions on here, answer every single question right but fail. there is no way to know. The key is, is the relationship real. No one here can tell you the right or wrong, when you are in trouble or not. It just depends on the case, on the interview. etc. the one thing to know is, these people see hundreds of cases a day. A denial is because something during the interview, or while waiting in the embassy made them question the relationship.

Thanks a lot! That is the kind of info I'm looking for. She knows me well, there are no problems in that area...just wanted to know how the system ticks!

Thanks again!

∞♥

Our Visa Journey

09/06/11 - Home!

09/24/11 - Married

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

BUT if you are sitting there looking at the paperwork and appear studying the paperwork, rather then comparing each others photos. I would say to expect a denial. Most of the time form what I hear, the filipinas are comparing photos of each other's fiances, meeting, etc. Talking about what cities they are going to live in, where they have friends and family in the world or in the country they are going to, and locations they are from in the Philippines, plus if they are somehow related to each other. All while trying to watch the board. If they are going to the same state or same city, they tend to start pairing up quickly to talk more, start establishing a friendship. These are what they are watching for. It is not the "waiting", it is being observed. Do you pair up for lunch afterwards. If your fiance is there, how friendly is he? How many questions does he get about the area he lives in, and the area the fiances there are going to live in. I cannot tell you what it will be like. I can just tell you other wiating rooms I have seen in the US, and what happens normally.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Don't worry...the interview is easy....she'll be in and out of the consular officer's office in five minutes. She's already completed the difficult part...the medical.

Don't worry...the interview is easy....she'll be in and out of the consular officer's office in five minutes. She's already completed the difficult part...the medical.

Stupid sputum test.

:lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.