∞♥

Interview duration

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Don't worry...the interview is easy....she'll be in and out of the consular officer's office in five minutes. She's already completed the difficult part...the medical.

Just wondering, what makes the medical difficult? If my fiancee is otherwise in good health, is there something we need to be worried about for that?

Filed: Timeline

BUT if you are sitting there looking at the paperwork and appear studying the paperwork, rather then comparing each others photos. I would say to expect a denial.

Why would looking at the papers matter? Some people are nervous about whether any papers were forgotten, or worrying about what order they are in so that they can be presented right away when asked for, etc.

I was there in 2000, and I didn't get the sense that anyone was watching us in the waiting area. I suppose they could have been, but there's also the issue that they wouldn't know who to watch until they were called up for the interview. I also didn't see too many Filipinas interacting with each other and sharing photos, etc. Most were sitting there looking nervous and not saying much. But, that was 11 years ago... I suppose things can change, and I'm also not aware if they remodeled the embassy at all to make it easier to observe people.

And I agree, the interview was about 5 minutes. I was there and went up to the window with her when called; he asked if I'm the fiance. I answered yes, then he asked me to just sit down in the waiting area and wait. That was the only interaction I had with them. (But, there's nothing to keep them from deciding to ask me stuff since I'm there, should they feel the need.)

Why would looking at the papers matter? Some people are nervous about whether any papers were forgotten, or worrying about what order they are in so that they can be presented right away when asked for, etc.

I was there in 2000, and I didn't get the sense that anyone was watching us in the waiting area. I suppose they could have been, but there's also the issue that they wouldn't know who to watch until they were called up for the interview. I also didn't see too many Filipinas interacting with each other and sharing photos, etc. Most were sitting there looking nervous and not saying much. But, that was 11 years ago... I suppose things can change, and I'm also not aware if they remodeled the embassy at all to make it easier to observe people.

And I agree, the interview was about 5 minutes. I was there and went up to the window with her when called; he asked if I'm the fiance. I answered yes, then he asked me to just sit down in the waiting area and wait. That was the only interaction I had with them. (But, there's nothing to keep them from deciding to ask me stuff since I'm there, should they feel the need.)

I'm sure they have security cameras in the waiting area, but doubt they monitor and analyze each applicant's every move. I think the comment was streaching things a bit too far.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Yes they have cameras in the interview hall. I do not believe they are watching you and making judgements about your credibility while waiting to be interviewed. The pre-screener's impression given to the CO and the CO's concurrance to appove/deny/hold are what matters and believe me they do not have time to watch the cameras. They don't even have time to talk to someone who is watching the cameras. This would create a very unrealistic logistical challenge. That's my observation at the new Manila interview hall, where there were 250 people waiting and the staff said it was just a 4 hour working day that day.

06/28/2010: Sent I-130
08/25/2010: NOA1
09/01/2010: Touched
11/02/2010: Transferred to TSC
11/30/2010: Rec'd update saying petition sent to local USCIS office
01/26/2011: Called NCSC and put in service request
02/03/2011: RFE
02/11/2011: RFE hardcopy rec'd: passport photos missing
02/14/2011: RFE response sent
02/16/2011: RFE response rec'd by TSC
03/01/2011: Touched
03/09/2011: NOA2
03/17/2011: Shipped to NVC
03/21/2011: Touched
03/23/2011: NVC case number assigned
03/24/2011: Emailed choice of agent
03/28/2011: AOS fee paid and packet sent
03/29/2011: Paid DS-230 fee
03/31/2011: DS-230 packet sent to NVC
04/08/2011: RFE for AOS packet
04/16/2011: Resent corrected I-864
04/28/2011: Sign in failed
04/29/2011: NVC Case Complete
05/20/2011: Case forwarded to US Embassy Manila
06/01/2011: Medical exam completed at St. Luke's
06/10/2011: Interview - approved pending CENOMAR reverification from NSO
06/17/2011: Embassy received CENOMAR
06/29/2011: Visa in hand!!
07/01/2011: POE San Fransisco

05/14/2013: Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

05/20/2013: NOA1

05/23/2013: Check cleared

06/18/2013: Biometrics appt.

08/27/2013: Email from USCIS saying new card approved/ordered

09/03/2013: Green card received

07/01/2014: N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox

07/29/2014: Biometrics

09/25/2014: Interview (passed civics test but need to provide more documents)

11/14/2014: Oath Ceremony in Lexington, KY

Stupid sputum test.

:lol:

Just wondering, what makes the medical difficult? If my fiancee is otherwise in good health, is there something we need to be worried about for that?

Eight weeks of waiting for the sputum test (TB culture). :clock::mellow:

Yes they have cameras in the interview hall. I do not believe they are watching you and making judgements about your credibility while waiting to be interviewed. The pre-screener's impression given to the CO and the CO's concurrance to appove/deny/hold are what matters and believe me they do not have time to watch the cameras. They don't even have time to talk to someone who is watching the cameras. This would create a very unrealistic logistical challenge. That's my observation at the new Manila interview hall, where there were 250 people waiting and the staff said it was just a 4 hour working day that day.

^^^ Agreed. :thumbs:

For a guy who's never stepped foot inside the U.S. Embassy Manila, Darren has a very vivid imagination. :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife said five minutes in the actual interview. They told her to go to the office that delivers the visa to your home, located inside the embassy. LBC? She had some kind of slip of paper she got from the delivery people. That seemed to be something they were doing for people who were approved. They confirm the delivery address.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't mean to be rude but OMG are you really asking this question. I know interview will be in Philippines but each case is different, just go to interview with open mind and chill. No 2 cases are the same

I do not know why you found his question strange? I think he stated average time. I would not mind asking same question the OP asked.

Be nice to the op and have a lovely day. :thumbs:

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for the very vivid imagination comment... I love it. Can anyone tell me if mount weather is real or imagined?

BTW: Never ever underestimate security and processes. Even those people you talk with at the counters do not know all of the procedures. They just know their assigned duties. The waiting is the paperwork being reviewed and checked plus they do have your photo... BTW, what is the CO checking when he types into the computer?????

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Can anyone tell me if mount weather is real or imagined?

Huh?

Even those people you talk with at the counters do not know all of the procedures. They just know their assigned duties.

How do you know?

The waiting is the paperwork being reviewed and checked plus they do have your photo...

How do you know?

BTW, what is the CO checking when he types into the computer?????

He's trolling VJ.

tag_sw_ispy_00_s6_24203.jpg

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Thanks for the very vivid imagination comment... I love it. Can anyone tell me if mount weather is real or imagined?

BTW: Never ever underestimate security and processes. Even those people you talk with at the counters do not know all of the procedures. They just know their assigned duties. The waiting is the paperwork being reviewed and checked plus they do have your photo... BTW, what is the CO checking when he types into the computer?????

Be careful what you say, when your at the hot dog stand by the front gate!

Spy-Hot-Dog--15305.jpg

"Can anyone tell me if mount weather is real or imagined"?

Few Americans - indeed, few Congressional reps - are aware of the existence of Mount Weather, a mysterious underground military base carved deep inside a mountain near the sleepy rural town of Bluemont, Virginia, just 46 miles from Washington DC. Mount Weather - also known as the Western Virginia Office of Controlled Conflict Operations - is buried not just in hard granite, but in secrecy as well.

Ted Gup, writing for Time, describes the base as follows:

"Mount Weather is a virtually self-contained facility. Aboveground, scattered across manicured lawns, are about a dozen buildings bristling with antennas and microwave relay systems. An on-site sewage-treatment plant, with a 90, 000 gal.-a-day capacity, and two tanks holding 250,000 gal. of water could last some 200 people more than a month; underground ponds hold additional water supplies. Not far from the installation's entry gate are a control tower and a helicopter pad. The mountain's real secrets are not visible at ground level."

The mountain's "real secrets" are protected by warning signs, 10 foot- high chain link fences, razor wire, and armed guards. Curious motorists and hikers on the Appalachian trail are relieved of their sketching pads and cameras and sent on their way. Security is tight.

The government has owned the site since 1903; it has seen service as an artillery range, a hobo farm during the Depression, and a National Weather Bureau Facility. In 1936, the U.S. Bureau of Mines took control and started digging.

fema04_02_small.gifMount Weather is virtually an underground city, according to former personnel interviewed by Pollock.

Buried deep inside the earth, Mount Weather was equipped with such amenities as

• private apartments and dormitories
  • streets and sidewalks
  • cafeterias and hospitals
  • a water purification system, power plant and general office buildings
  • a small lake fed by fresh water from underground springs
  • its own mass transit system
  • a TV communication system

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

"Few Americans - indeed, few Congressional reps - are aware of the existence of Mount Weather,... "--- hmmm, I have a vivid imagination...... :thumbs:

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Don't worry...the interview is easy....she'll be in and out of the consular officer's office in five minutes. She's already completed the difficult part...the medical.

:thumbs: Agreed.

Stupid sputum test.

:lol:

:lol: Indeed.

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.