rocky350

Kids Included?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys! hope ur all doin fine.. I just have a question, me and my fiancee (US citizen) has two boys now, our eldest is turning 3yrs old who is already a US citizen (CRBA)and our youngest 8 months soon we're going to fix his CRBA also. the question is, are they also be included in the petition? Do we need to put them also in the affidavit of support? thanks and god bless! =)

Timeline

I think they are not included in the petition since they are already US citizens and no visa will be issued for them. And for the Affidavit of Support, yes, , they should be included as dependents.

K-1 VISA APPLICATION

June 13, 2011 - Application send to USCIS thru Fedex

June 17, 2011 - I-129F Packet received by USCIS Signed for by: JCATES

June 22, 2011 - NOA1 (via email)

Oct. 12, 2011 - NOA2 (on USCIS website)

Nov. 28, 2011 - VISA APPROVED . Thank you Lord!!!

For more Info: Please look at my timeline...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I think they are not included in the petition since they are already US citizens and no visa will be issued for them. And for the Affidavit of Support, yes, , they should be included as dependents.

:thumbs:

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi guys! hope ur all doin fine.. I just have a question, me and my fiancee (US citizen) has two boys now, our eldest is turning 3yrs old who is already a US citizen (CRBA)and our youngest 8 months soon we're going to fix his CRBA also. the question is, are they also be included in the petition? Do we need to put them also in the affidavit of support? thanks and god bless! =)

Yes under the section that asks you to list all your children, you list all your children.

Later for the Embassy documents, that is where they will ask you to list all the children that will be receiving a visa and therefore for these two you will not list them. But on the 129f form, you list everyone.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

YES! They are your children. They absolutely must be listed on the petition. It doesn't matter if they will be applying for a visa. The petition doesn't ask you to list all children who will be applying for a visa. It asks you to list all of your children - period.

Yes, the children should be listed on the affidavit of support.

When you get to the interview stage you will not submit visa applications for the children, but you must list them on your forms. Anytime a form says "List all children" you should interpret that literally.

In my case about me and my petitioner which is a US citizen(fiancee) has a daughter but my daughter not a US citizen yet, can my daughter goes under my K1 Visa?

Can you be a little less vague? Are we talking about one daughter or two daughters? Is one (or both) of these daughters in the Philippines? If a child has a parent who was a US citizen at the time of birth then the consulate will not issue a visa for them - they must submit a CRBA and get a US passport for the child. If a child does not have a parent who was a US citizen at the time of birth, and the K1 applicant is the biological parent of the child (or adopted parent in certain specific circumstances) then the child can apply for a K2 visa. Under no conditions can a child enter the US under the parent's K1 visa.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

OKAY. THANKS FOR RESPONDING TO MY QUESTION GUYS.

@BARON555 YEAH THAT'S WHAT WE'RE TALKIN ABOUT WE ONLY LIST THE KIDS UNDER THE FORM i-129F. DO YOU KNOW WHAT DOCUMENTS OR FORM IS THAT?

@ BRIJELLYAN I THINK UR DAUGHTER WILL BE UNDER THE K2 VISA.

THANKS AGAIN GUYS =)

Timeline

YES! They are your children. They absolutely must be listed on the petition. It doesn't matter if they will be applying for a visa. The petition doesn't ask you to list all children who will be applying for a visa. It asks you to list all of your children - period.

Yes, the children should be listed on the affidavit of support.

When you get to the interview stage you will not submit visa applications for the children, but you must list them on your forms. Anytime a form says "List all children" you should interpret that literally.

OKAY THANKS FOR INFORMATION JIMVAPHUONG! =)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.