3,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

kubi Congrats.It's a miracle for sure.PRAISE THE LORD.

As far i understood she/he entered in the Usa using someone passport. She/he was battered blah blah blah...the vawa was approved, but in order to get the GC she/he needed to submit a waiver of admissibility due fraud or misrepresentation, but for some reason they approved her AOS without asking the waiver.

Filed: Other Country: Barbados
Timeline

lorphelp they use to expedite in 48/72 hoursm and they do not inform regarding expedite denials ok. In your friend's case probably they saw that her court date will be next year and then they decided her request wasn't a priority right now.

Thanks but she sent in the request the first week of September her court date was the fourth week of September, her lawyer get the new court date the third week. So something doesn't seem right if they usually take 48/72 hrs because from the day they received her letter from the day her lawyer got the new court date is a little over 2 weeks. So it's confusing, unless they had a

Alreadt denied it. Vsc is just confusing I really don't get it ...ohh we'll hopefully she gets approved.

Filed: Timeline

Dang it..just got a return package because I forgot to sign the I-360 form. It will be delivered back to VSC tomorrow though.

I really need a prima facie bcus m sick and broke now

Sorry to hear that. Hope you take the time to recheck everything now before you resend it.

They probably not going to give me Prima Facie since I am an international student. But my ex-wife used a lot of my Money since It's a joint bank account.

I borrowed my best friend's money for tuition last quarter, but now I don't have any money to stay in school anymore.

I applied VAWA myself and I forgot to mentioned this in my letter :(

Edited by VAWA

Timeline

vawa you said because you are a international student probably you won't get a prima facie, any person who completes the requirements to receive prima facie they will issue the prima facie, it doesn't matter if you are student, illegal, out of status, entered with k3,k1,F1,J1 visa etc...The elements and evidentiary requirements are set forth in 8 CFR § 204.2©(1) and (e)(1)

To receive prima facie you must prove

1) existence of the qualifying relationship;

(2) the citizenship or immigration status of the abuser;

(3) the self-petitioner's eligibility for immigrant classification;

(4) residence in the United States;

(5) evidence that, during the qualifying relationship, the petitioner and abuser resided together in the United for some unspecified period of time;

(6) battery or extreme cruelty ;

(7) good moral character;

(8) in the case of a self-petitioning spouse, good faith marriage.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have been a lurker here for quite a long time. I filed my VAWA Application last month and I got Prima Facie valid for 6 months. Can I use the PF document to avail of some state benefits? I badly need medical and dental insurance.

What does a Prima Facie generally mean?

Any recent news on approvals here? I am praying I will get mine soon. Good luck to all of us.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here is the current update for processing time/time frame for I-360 Applications for VSC (as of October 2012:

I-360 Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant

All other special immigrants

June 5, 2011

Edited by Choiskoph

After 1 year of dating, we decided to move in together on August 2011 and finally decided to get married on Feb 14 2012, but after then, she started to be aggressive and abusive.

One of the abuses was she asked me for an oral sex and I was too tired and I slept. While I was sleeping she bite my neck till it bleed.

It's been like a living hell, so I moved out on March 16th 2012.

My question and concern is that since we got married only for 1 month, would that be effect my case?

Timeline

Choiskoph despite prima facie allows you to get public benefits some States allow who has a prima facie just to get food stamp, other States cash assistance and medicaid, some of them just medicaid.

Edited by sandranj

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.