flanags

Interview completed - APPROVED !!!

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Australia
Timeline

My husband just called from the Sydney Consulate after his interview and he has been APPROVED !!!

His interview consisted of three questions:

1) Have you lived in another country (Yes)

2) Do your children have US passports (Yes, in fact the consulate interviewing him processed our children's passports)

3) Did you get your Hong Kong police check done. (Yes, and it was sent directly to the consulate- they didn't have it in his 'file' they had to look for it in the back and they found it.)

DONE.

They told him they will process his Visa tonight and put it in the mail tomorrow as he stated he had his flight booked for Monday. (mail does not get serviced on Saturdays in Oz)

I just want to extend my sincere thanks to everyone on this forum as the helpful information and knowledge has been invaluable. I want to wish all remaining on this journey much success and hang in there.

Now he just needs to get through LAX.

Congratulations! :dance:

I went through LAX once for customs and I said "NEVER AGAIN".

Andy

AOS Journey

11-04-2011 sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

11-07-2011 delivered

11-08-2011 Date on text messages but did not receive until 11-22-2011

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

11-25-2011 Hard copies of NOA1s

12-06-2012 Pui's Brother unexpectly passes away and we make an info pass appointment and receive an emergancy AP so she can return home. Pui leaves for Thailand for 2 weeks.

12-06-2012 Get a text message and email that she received an RFE

12-12-2012 RFE for original birth certificate. I swear we sent it along with a certificate translation of it.

12-20-2012 Pui returns from Thailand.

12-21-2012 We send the RFE back for with original birth certificate along with a new certificate of translation(I had to wait for her to return for her to sign)

12-26-2012 text and email they have received the RFE.

12-29-2012 Appointment for biometrics is 01-23-2012

01-13-2012 AP is approved.

01-23-2012 Biometrics appointment. Later during the evening the text and email saying the EAD is approved.

01-31-2012 EAD/AP combo card arrives.

05-22-2012 Email and text card is in production!

Congrats!!! That is great news!

Good luck for POE and everything beyond!

:dance:

USCIS

30 Nov 2010 - Sent I-130 to Chicago

1 Dec 2010 - I-130 received at Chicago

18 Apr 2011 - APPROVED!! NOA2 text and email

NVC

29 Apr 2011 - Case entered into the system/Case number assigned; Medical Exam in Sydney

30 Apr 2011 - Police Check Application sent

2 May 2011 - Called NVC and got Invoice ID number

3 May 2011 - Sent DS-3032 email

4 May 2011 - Received email reply from NVC for DS-3032; Received Medical Exam results

5 May 2011 - AOS invoiced and paid

7 May 2011 - AOS package sent; IV invoiced and paid

9 May 2011 - AOS package delivered to NVC according to tracking

20 May 2011 - RFE for missing IV package....still waiting on Police Certificate!

24 May 2011 - Received Police Certificate after 25 days (so much for 7-10!); IV package sent

27 May 2011 - IV package delivered according to tracking

8 Jun 2011 - RFE for original marriage certificate; requested supervisor review since we KNOW it was in the package!

30 Jun 2011 - SIF and CC - FINALLY!!!!

13 Jul 2011 - Interview date assigned! Scheduled for August 9th @ 10am

9 Aug 2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 Aug 2011 - Visa in hand

24 Aug 2011 - POE @ LAX

Awesome, grats!

Met in France: 10/26/2008

Engaged in the States: 12/11/2009

Married in France: 12/06/2010

Filed I-130 in Paris (DCF): 3-18-2011

Received Packet 3 : 03-23-2011

Received Packet 4: (Can't remember date)

Interview: 06-16-2011 **APPROVED**

Religious Marriage : 6-25-2011

POE Dulles: 7-20-2011

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

My husband just called from the Sydney Consulate after his interview and he has been APPROVED !!!

2) Do your children have US passports (Yes, in fact the consulate interviewing him processed our children's passports)

3) Did you get your Hong Kong police check done. (Yes, and it was sent directly to the consulate- they didn't have it in his 'file' they had to look for it in the back and they found it.)

DONE.

They told him they will process his Visa tonight and put it in the mail tomorrow as he stated he had his flight booked for Monday. (mail does not get serviced on Saturdays in Oz)

I just want to extend my sincere thanks to everyone on this forum as the helpful information and knowledge has been invaluable. I want to wish all remaining on this journey much success and hang in there.

LAX is easy no worries. I have been through there 3 times and never had an issue congratulations again

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

DONE.

That's good news. It looks like the Sydney consulate people are very understanding.

May I get some guidelines from you about getting HK police clearance? I worked in Honkers in the late 90's and I'd like to save time on my police clearances by chasing them while waiting for our NOA2. Is it possible to request the HK clearance before the official request from the US consulate? I have OZ, mainland China and Indonesia to clear as well.....

Good luck to both of you. All the best.

Timeline

Yes the Sydney consulate are overly nice and extremely helpful. When I was in to submit my I130 , I then asked for a letter from the consulate so that my husband could get his HK police check done. She the checked the requirements for the HK check to verify what I was saying and she then she actually typed up the proper 'padket 3' letter with our case number etc. Iy wads the same letter revived via email two weeks later.

They require that letter so not much to do with out it. You may want to email the consulate to request one if you don't want ot wait for the Adam Walsh Name check to be completed. Ours took 10 days to receive the actual packet 3 letter.

Try to get a check / payment for the police check in Hong Kong dollars. Foreign CCY checks work fine but HK police will not process your check until the check clears - I've heard horror stories of it taking 45 days to clear. We still had people in HK that we knew so we snail mailed (overnight) my husbands prints,letter etc. To them in HK and they walked it into the police station and paid for us.

Then email them!! they are very nice but we had to keep checking on the process. Even though we had walked in the application and payment it sat until we emailed them to check on status. They stated they only just received it when in fact we knew that they had in their hands two weeks earlier. In all our correspondence we were very polite and curtiuos and they were too but we had to keep up one them.

Even doing all of the above it took 30 days for the Sydney consulate to receive the clearance. The biggest thing you can try to donis get check in HK dollars.

I hope that helps. Good luck.

Sorry about the above typos and spellings - iPad auto correct and keyboard learning curve.

Timeline

Husband made it through the POE in LAX and is enroute to New York !!!

Have made a red neck American welcome package for his arrival including a big 40oz Budweiser can, beef jerky, Twinkies, Hersey chocolate bar, Cracker jacks, peanuts, Apple Pie and I included Ben and Jerry's Americone Dream ice cream (although that one is for me)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.