tomrein

Ok I've been patient, but now I'm just P'd

17 posts in this topic

Why ARE K-1 getting processed faster then K-3's at an astounding rate? look at the dates? this whole system is so screwed up. I file a 130 to qualify my 129. So the dreaded USCIS spends time in one office pushing my 130 papers while another office pushes my 129 papers. then when (SUPPOSEDLY) the 129 moves faster and is approved the 130 is pretty much useless as we will need to AoS locally after my bene arrives. THIS IS SO RIDICULOUSY STUPID. WHY ISNT A K-3 VISA ISSUED IMMEDIATELY UPON APPROVAL OF A 130 arroval noa, APPROVAL? approval of what? isnt this 130 now a useless process? WHY THE TWO PROCESSES BACKING THINGS UP? WHY ARENT THERE MORE CASE OFFICERS? WE PAY THEIR SALARIES AND ITS A NO COST AGENCY BECAUSE WE WHO NEED IT FOOT THE BILL WHILE OTHERS WALK OVER OUR BORDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get 2 reciepts for my 129 petition and wait now 3 months for noa 2 or an rfe, supposedly according to one is a good number the other isnt then according to a dif uscis officer my previous misdemeanor shouldnt mean anything because we are married, but they have the complete case from start to close and even proof of early termination of probation. one thing they told me is the volume of calls takes away time for the officers to process their cases as they have to do phone time on rotation. maybe we should all not call for a month and they can actually do something.

JEEEEEEEZ WHEN WILL THEY PULL THEIR HEADS OUT AND GIVE MARRIED COUPLE A SUPREME PRIORITY!!!!!!! THERE IS NO DOUBT WE WILL MARRY WE ALREADY ARE!!!!!!

I HATE THIS

Take a deep breath.

I understand your frustration, but prepare yourself for the responses you may get here. Marriage does not give you priority, just like pregnancy, or even having children, doesn't put anyone ahead of the list. Because you are married does not mean that you are more in love than anyone else on this board, nor does it give you the right to exude a sense of superiority over others.

David and I researched our options ahead of time, saw that the K1 route was faster, and knew that we couldn't bear to be apart once we WERE married, so we opted to take the wait on the front end instead. Different strokes for different folks, but don't presume that we engaged couples are any less deserving of being together than you are.

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

K1s are not being processed at an astounding rate - most have been waiting between 5 and 6 months for approval because of the IMBRA debacle. 3 months would have been a breeze in my case.

We chose K1 because it was the fastest (never thought that meant 6 months) and we could deal with AOS together in the US. Otherwise we would not only be waiting for I-130 approval in the US first, but also a ONE YEAR wait for an interview in Mexico.

Married people don't get "supreme priority". Employers who pay for expedited processing do. The rest of us are chopped liver. . . especially those at CSC. Doesn't matter if you are married or engaged - no one gets special treatment.

p.s. ditto everything JenT said

You both miss my point, I know Love is Love for all involved. My point is the rediculous system for k-3 visa which actualy ties up two case officers at the same time. All I am saying is once a married couple recieves a 797 stating their 130 is approved, the k-3 process should be automatic as opposed to two seperate processes in two different offices half way across the country. ELIMINATE THE REDUNDANCY and all of would be sleeping better sooner in our lives. and what with the neglible info you can extract from the officers on the phone or in person how is a person to know which process will actually move faster, it could be at a close point in each process and there are fees needed at times, so should i pay the 130 fees for processing permenant immigrant status then watch the money fly out the window as the 129 passes it up right after the requested 130 fees are asked? and at same time they are asking PoI papers and visa fee?

This process sucks and they can make it much easier with the slightest thought and common knowledge. Doesnt anyone in the administration see the insane red tape and ever have a light bulb go off in their heads to say" hey this could be easily fixed and free up officers at the same time so we can process more cases in half the time"

Also i was told by uscis officer that k-3 dont really need to comply with imbra as these cases are already married couples and its assumed the beneficiary knows of any previous faults in the petitioner.

the topic of a married couple having precedence over any other visa is a different topic and could be open for much debate, If I remember reading the "life Acts" propaganda it states its for the purpose of reuniting families faster.

I am looking at dates on this site and there is no ryhme or reason to the dates and who is approved faster, I do believe some people post fraudulant info. I mean I see one that says a k-3 from start to finish in something like 100 days start to finish.

You both miss my point, I know Love is Love for all involved. My point is the rediculous system for k-3 visa which actualy ties up two case officers at the same time. All I am saying is once a married couple recieves a 797 stating their 130 is approved, the k-3 process should be automatic as opposed to two seperate processes in two different offices half way across the country. ELIMINATE THE REDUNDANCY and all of would be sleeping better sooner in our lives. and what with the neglible info you can extract from the officers on the phone or in person how is a person to know which process will actually move faster, it could be at a close point in each process and there are fees needed at times, so should i pay the 130 fees for processing permenant immigrant status then watch the money fly out the window as the 129 passes it up right after the requested 130 fees are asked? and at same time they are asking PoI papers and visa fee?

This process sucks and they can make it much easier with the slightest thought and common knowledge. Doesnt anyone in the administration see the insane red tape and ever have a light bulb go off in their heads to say" hey this could be easily fixed and free up officers at the same time so we can process more cases in half the time"

Also i was told by uscis officer that k-3 dont really need to comply with imbra as these cases are already married couples and its assumed the beneficiary knows of any previous faults in the petitioner.

the topic of a married couple having precedence over any other visa is a different topic and could be open for much debate, If I remember reading the "life Acts" propaganda it states its for the purpose of reuniting families faster.

I am looking at dates on this site and there is no ryhme or reason to the dates and who is approved faster, I do believe some people post fraudulant info. I mean I see one that says a k-3 from start to finish in something like 100 days start to finish.

Gosh, where do I start.

How is it even feasible to think that one should be granted a K-3 visa just on the approval of the I-130.

The I-130 as you well know leads to the CR-1 visa.....the biggie. Up until not that very long ago it was taking on average a couple of years to be granted a CR-1 hence why the K-3, which ONLY came about in order to reunite married couples while awaiting the approval of the I-130 in order for them then to adjust their status to an immigrant. You still need a visa granted in order to enter the US so just saying...'why cant they grant the K-3 visa from an approved I-130' makes no sense at all as the I-130 is for immigrant status hence the reason the CR-1 immigrant visa can take longer as there is a lot more processes to go through. They are not only two seperate processes but they are two visa types as the K-3 is a non-immigrant visa.

Should you continue with the I-130 now that it has been approved before your I-129F.....up to you. You are looking at approx 2-3 months for the NVC process and then there is approx 4 months at present (to my knowledge) for interview in Manila. At this stage of the game it is more then feasible that your I-130/CR-1 will arrive at the consulate before any K-3 interview is held anyway, thus over-riding the K-3 as it takes precidence. Totally up to you though with which path you wish to travel. The reason one takes both paths by filing the I-129F is to hedge their bets as over the past year or more either one can be finished first. eg we chose not to do K-3 as the I-130 was approved in 45 days and I had my CR-1 8 months from the initial filing and we procrastinated at NVC stage and lost time. Unfortunately over the past months I-129F for spouse have been caught up with the implementation of IMBRA and in many cases the I-130's are in the majority by way of being approved first.

As for the K-3 you speak of in 100 days.....that is feasible and happens. Totally dependant on getting a quick approval and short interview wait time at consulate. Some have very short wait times or one can sqeeze in on anothers cancelled interview date.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

aussie, you make my point for me, I understand completely how both processes work and which is for which type of visa.

Streamline this process, dont make people hedge their bets, whats the point in filing for a non immigrant visa for my wife as once she is here she will need to do AOS to become permenant.

STOP MAKING TWO OFFICERS WORK ON TWO CASES FOR THE SAME PURPOSE FOR THE SAME PERSON AND EVERYONE!!!!!! WILL HAVE THEIR VISA SOONER. ELIMINATE THE THE DOUBLE OFFICE WORK> MAKE the I-130 and K-3 visa a one step all included process. Wouldn't eliminating all k-3 129f spousal visas speed up all the rest?

why cant the approval of a 130 petition create a non immigrant 129K visa automatically? You would still need to complete the interview and PoS and pay the visa fee, then when the bene arrives allow the 130 to finish and have the Original I130 papers and later issued permentant visa apply to the now USA resident, again eliminating more local officers work (Why is there two processes needed? You know something isnt right with a process when you have to fill out a form for a spouse to enter this country that states they are a fiance, isnt it obvious to all that this process is broken and needs to be fixed??)

why cant the approval of a 130 petition create a non immigrant 129 visa automatically? only because someone says it cant. its the same logic as life act applied in a streamlined light.

Sorry for ranting, but i was self employed for 13 years, and if something broke I had to fix it. Give me two weeks and enough authority and we would all have our visas in six months tops, at least all who deserve it. streamlining this would even allow for us to keep out more criminals.

Filed: Other Timeline

imagine what it was like before they bodged together the K3, and married couples were waiting 2 or 3 years to be together, and fiancees were together in a matter of months.

Its all relative. And shortly yours will be home with you. :)

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

I agree with tomrein. I think in general, the entire system is messed up... and they're trying to fix original errors/holdups with more paperwork/holdups.. and in regards to filing the I-130 and the K-3.. I think it's just another way of them to get more money from us... I mean.. if that's the case.. why dont they just charge double for the I-130 and not file K-3? A lot of people (including myself) have filed both the I-130 and the K-3 so when one gets approved before the other, you are bound to disregard one of the applications which means you threw the money away for nothing. Honestly speaking, my husband and I can afford the money but I probably have a better place to spend that money!

I'm sure someone will disagree but this is just my opinion!? :angry:

I-130 Sent : July 17, 06

NOA1 : July 27

Nov 22, file is 'pending'

Nov 28, Touched

Dec 4, APPROVED!!!! ^__^

Dec 6, NVC Case Number Assigned

Dec 18, DS-3032 & AOS bill sent

Dec 21, NVC accepted choice of agent via email

Dec 22, Sent AOS bill using James' shortcuts

Dec 25, IV Bill Generated

Jan 9, Sent I-864 using James' shortcuts

Jan 15, IV bill arrived

Jan 16, IV Bill Paid

Jan 19, IV bill processed

Jan 22, I-864 being reviewed

Jan 29, Sent DS-230 using James' shortcuts

Feb 13, CASE COMPLETED!!

Apr 13, INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!

Apr 28, Entered USA, POE Vancouver. Told that my visa stamp serves as a temporary Green Card.

I-129F Sent : Aug 20, 06

NOA1 : Aug 31, 06

Oct 23, 06, received email that case forwarded to CSC

Oct 27, 06, received email saying that case has reached CSC

Nov 22, 06, note said file received and pending

Dec 13, 06, Touched with same note as above

ABANDONING K3

I-751 Sent on Jan 28, 09 to remove conditions

Feb 1 - Check cashed

Feb 25 - Biometrics

Jun 1 - Approved! (Decision date was May 26, 09)

Now waiting for green card...

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Honestly speaking, my husband and I can afford the money but I probably have a better place to spend that money!

Like on booze ..................who needs a drink? ...............its noon somewhere!!!!!!!

google.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I could use a drink :P

No, seriously.....the entire first page of the K-1 forum is full of approval notices! And I'm thrilled for them all, truly. It's just that the K-3's seem to have been abandoned completely.

It's very perplexing.

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I could use a drink :P

No, seriously.....the entire first page of the K-1 forum is full of approval notices! And I'm thrilled for them all, truly. It's just that the K-3's seem to have been abandoned completely.

It's very perplexing.

OK that's it ......................you're all officially on K-1 probation ......no more looking for any of ya. Go stick needles into your eyes for fun if you want torture but stay off that DANG PAGE!!!

<giggle>

google.gif

Believe me, no-one truly wants to go back to a situation where there was only one option for those that are married :blink:

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline

It's very perplexing.

What's perplexing? After waiting for close to SIX MONTHS for I-129F approvals due to the IMBRA debacle, they are finally processing petitions from March - the same ones that used to take around 90 days. It's about damn time the K1 forum was full of approval notices!!!

It's very perplexing.

What's perplexing? After waiting for close to SIX MONTHS for I-129F approvals due to the IMBRA debacle, they are finally processing petitions from March - the same ones that used to take around 90 days. It's about damn time the K1 forum was full of approval notices!!!

Kitkat

The same has been for those doing K-3. They too have been caught up in the IMBRA debacle......that point seems to be overlooked by those doing K-1.

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

Timeline
Kitkat

The same has been for those doing K-3. They too have been caught up in the IMBRA debacle......that point seems to be overlooked by those doing K-1.

Well I admit I haven't been paying super close attention to K3s, but I know I've seen many many approvals for K3s filed in April/May while zillions of March K1s were not moving. I was certainly under the impression that K3s were being processed much faster (especially since the IMBRA questions made no sense for spouses).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.