ECWilloughbys

Dept of Homeland Security not available to accept RFE response delivery

5 posts in this topic

I sent our RFE response on Tuesday, priority mail with delivery confirmation. It was due to be delivered yesterday. When I checked online yesterday, they'd "missent" it, to the wrong state. (They tried to deliver it to Atchison, KS instead of Lees Summit, MO. No idea why, it was addressed correctly and I've triple-checked the copy I kept.) So today they attempt to redeliver to the correct address, and now I get this message when I track it:

"Status: Notice Left (No Authorized Recipient Available)

We attempted to deliver your item at 9:07 am on June 17, 2011 in LEES SUMMIT, MO 64002 and a notice was left because an authorized recipient was not available. You may arrange redelivery by visiting www.usps.com/redelivery or calling 800-ASK-USPS, or may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice. If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later."

The redelivery link is dead, and when I called the 800 number, the woman said the USPS will try to redeliver in 5 days if it hasn't been picked up, and if no one is there to accept it then, it will sit waiting to be picked up for 15 more days, and then be sent back to me.

Has anyone ever experienced this before? Is there any hope someone from Dept of Homeland Security would go and attempt to pick it up? This is tremendously frustrating.

Edited by ECWilloughbys

K-1:
April 21, 2010: I-129F Sent (from London to VSC)
April 27, 2010: NOA1, check cashed
July 9, 2010: NOA2 (hardcopy)
July 12, 2010: NVC sent petition to embassy in London
October 7, 2010: Packet 3 logged at embassy
November 3, 2010: Interview: APPROVED!
December 7, 2010: POE: JFK
December 10, 2010: Wedding

AOS:
April 27, 2011: Sent I-485, I-864, EAD and AP to Chicago
May 5, 2011: Received text notifications, check cashed
May 9, 2011: NOA hardcopy via mail
May 14, 2011: RFE (for incorrectly filling out I-693)
June 3, 2011: Biometrics
June 17, 2011: RFE response delivered
June 21, 2011: Case under RFE review
June 23, 2011: Transferred to CSC!
June 29, 2011: EAD and AP approved!
July 9, 2011: EAD/AP card arrived via mail
January 4, 2012: RFE
January 28, 2012: RFE response delivered
January 30, 2012: Case under RFE review
February 8, 2012: Green card in production!
February 14, 2012: Green card received in mail

ROC:

December 4, 2013: Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

December 9, 2013: NOA1

January 13, 2014: Biometrics

May 15, 2014: Green card in production!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Think this is standard process. They get so many they do not sign until later. I would bet they have it, give it a few days.

No expert here so hopefully someone more experienced will chim in

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I sent our RFE response on Tuesday, priority mail with delivery confirmation. It was due to be delivered yesterday. When I checked online yesterday, they'd "missent" it, to the wrong state. (They tried to deliver it to Atchison, KS instead of Lees Summit, MO. No idea why, it was addressed correctly and I've triple-checked the copy I kept.) So today they attempt to redeliver to the correct address, and now I get this message when I track it:

"Status: Notice Left (No Authorized Recipient Available)

We attempted to deliver your item at 9:07 am on June 17, 2011 in LEES SUMMIT, MO 64002 and a notice was left because an authorized recipient was not available. You may arrange redelivery by visiting www.usps.com/redelivery or calling 800-ASK-USPS, or may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice. If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later."

The redelivery link is dead, and when I called the 800 number, the woman said the USPS will try to redeliver in 5 days if it hasn't been picked up, and if no one is there to accept it then, it will sit waiting to be picked up for 15 more days, and then be sent back to me.

Has anyone ever experienced this before? Is there any hope someone from Dept of Homeland Security would go and attempt to pick it up? This is tremendously frustrating.

There are no USCIS employees at the post office to sign for it. A USCIS employee will sign for it when they go to the post office to pick up their mail.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The same exact thing happened to my RFE response to Lee's Summit even though we told the USPS office we did not want a signature because it was going to a P.O Box. I did freak out at first, but later the same day it did show as delivered. Someone from USCIS must go to the post office and sign for them and pick them up. Don't worry.

1-20-06 - Married

3-28-11 - I-130 and AOS in the mail.

3-29-11 - USPS delivery confirmation to Chicago lockbox.

4-02-11 - Email notification of NOA1.

4-04-11 - I-130 TOUCH

4-05-11 - NOA1 hardcopy received.

4-13-11 - Email notification for RFE.

4-18-11 - AOS TOUCH

4-18-11 - RFE hardcopy received (for W2).

4-18-11 - Biometrics Appt. notice received (scheduled for 5-5-11).

4-27-11 - RFE response in the mail.

4-29-11 - USPS delivery confirmation for RFE response.

5-05-11 - Biometrics appointment completed.

5-13-11 - RFE received (case status updated today, but says RFE received 5-2-11)

6-07-11 - Email notification for Interview on 7-12-11.

6-11-11 - Interview hardcopy received.

7-12-11 - Interview -Approved!!

7-12-11 - Card/document production ordered email

7-15-11 - Received Welcome Letter and i-130 approval notice in the mail

7-15-11 - Card/document production ordered email again

7-18-11 - Status changed to post decision activity

7-19-11 - touch

7-20-11 - Received Green card in the mail!!!

The same exact thing happened to my RFE response to Lee's Summit even though we told the USPS office we did not want a signature because it was going to a P.O Box. I did freak out at first, but later the same day it did show as delivered. Someone from USCIS must go to the post office and sign for them and pick them up. Don't worry.

Thank you, this makes me feel a lot better!

There are no USCIS employees at the post office to sign for it. A USCIS employee will sign for it when they go to the post office to pick up their mail.

Thanks Jim, this makes sense.

K-1:
April 21, 2010: I-129F Sent (from London to VSC)
April 27, 2010: NOA1, check cashed
July 9, 2010: NOA2 (hardcopy)
July 12, 2010: NVC sent petition to embassy in London
October 7, 2010: Packet 3 logged at embassy
November 3, 2010: Interview: APPROVED!
December 7, 2010: POE: JFK
December 10, 2010: Wedding

AOS:
April 27, 2011: Sent I-485, I-864, EAD and AP to Chicago
May 5, 2011: Received text notifications, check cashed
May 9, 2011: NOA hardcopy via mail
May 14, 2011: RFE (for incorrectly filling out I-693)
June 3, 2011: Biometrics
June 17, 2011: RFE response delivered
June 21, 2011: Case under RFE review
June 23, 2011: Transferred to CSC!
June 29, 2011: EAD and AP approved!
July 9, 2011: EAD/AP card arrived via mail
January 4, 2012: RFE
January 28, 2012: RFE response delivered
January 30, 2012: Case under RFE review
February 8, 2012: Green card in production!
February 14, 2012: Green card received in mail

ROC:

December 4, 2013: Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

December 9, 2013: NOA1

January 13, 2014: Biometrics

May 15, 2014: Green card in production!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.