sangman

Affidavit of Support

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Armenia
Timeline

I would like to know if anyone can tell me if I qualify to support my wife? I have an AIG of $17,200 but I also have $22,000 in my saving account. I am wanting to support my wife and she is by herself. No kids or anyone else. Can someone please tell me if I need to file anything other than a I-864 to file for her? Thanks for any help at all.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I would like to know if anyone can tell me if I qualify to support my wife? I have an AIG of $17,200 but I also have $22,000 in my saving account. I am wanting to support my wife and she is by herself. No kids or anyone else. Can someone please tell me if I need to file anything other than a I-864 to file for her? Thanks for any help at all.

have you been working in past 3 years? ( 2008, 2009, and 2010)

Filed: Country: Romania
Timeline

I have a similar question. What is the most important factor in proving that you can financially support a foreign spouse? I have about less than 10,000 in savings but I have had a good job for several years. Is being above the national poverty line with a good job enough proof without a co-sponsor? I would like to hear from some previously filers on how picky the NVC was when it came to financial support.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hi sangman here s the poverty guidelines click here poverty guidelines 2011 your current income is not according to poverty guideline so you need cosponsor for your wife support

hi sangman here s the poverty guidelines click here poverty guidelines 2011 your current income is not according to poverty guideline so you need cosponsor for your wife support

If you have 22,000 dollars in the bank according this info I found from travelstate.gov 22,000 = 4,000 actual dollars to your income which would bring your income to around 21,000. Please read this. I would say you meet the income guideline.

"The total net value of assets, less liens and liabilities against them, must equalfive times the difference between the sponsor's income and 125% of the poverty level for the household size.

Note, I don't know how hard your countrys Consulate is but my wife's from Vietnam and they been known to reject petitioners I-134 or 864's who barely qualified. I myself went out and got a 2nd job that put me well over the threshold. I didn't want to chance it or ask for a co sponsor(HCM, Vietnam rarely accepts co sponsors who do a K-1) .

Hope that helps you. Best of luck.......Rich

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Current and continuing income is what matters, unless you are self employed. For a wage/salary earner then your annualized gross earnings is typically what is measured. Any income shortfall can be supplemented with assets (such as savings). These assets are considered at a 3:1 ratio, rather than 5:1, in your case as you are the petitioner. $22K in savings would equal $7K+ toward meeting the income requirement.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

If you have 22,000 dollars in the bank according this info I found from travelstate.gov 22,000 = 4,000 actual dollars to your income which would bring your income to around 21,000. Please read this. I would say you meet the income guideline.

"The total net value of assets, less liens and liabilities against them, must equalfive times the difference between the sponsor's income and 125% of the poverty level for the household size.

Note, I don't know how hard your countrys Consulate is but my wife's from Vietnam and they been known to reject petitioners I-134 or 864's who barely qualified. I myself went out and got a 2nd job that put me well over the threshold. I didn't want to chance it or ask for a co sponsor(HCM, Vietnam rarely accepts co sponsors who do a K-1) .

hi Sayha or bust. i know according usa immigration point of view salary+CASH ASSETS has been acceptable but as my knowledge of experince immigration have ;2 phase first phase is NVC when NVC ;immigration officer except any kind of assets or bank deposit cash assets+LOW SALARY INCOME and approve beneficiary file and closed beneficiary case in NVC and send beneficiary complete file to beneficiary home country embassy and arrange final beneficiary interview with consular officer .as every one know this is the NVC first process phase and second phase is a final phase when consular officer take final interview with beneficiary and consular officer reject these type of any kind of assets+LOW SALARY INCOME or any kind of cash assets because there is a lot of fraud involve in most salary  person sponsor or cosponsor cases because in consular officer point of view if consular officer approved benificiary interview or visa at the time of beneficiary interview with consular officer there is no guarntee of beneficiary sponsor or cosponsor after benificiary issue visa with passport that benificiary cosponsor or sponsor use is whole cash assets in one day or one week for example cosponsor or sponsor after issue benificiary visa suddenly use is whole cash assets in one day for personal purpose or any kind of purpose so in that case who will take guarantee of sponsor or cosponsor that he or she cannot use is whole cash assets suddenly so in that whole case scenario that why consular officer cannot trust and believe these type of low income salary+cash assets sponsor or cosponsor person and consular officer reject these type of low income+cash assets sponsor or cosponsor that why consular officer demand another or finacially strong salary income sponsor or cosponsor

Edited by mustafa1232

Timeline

hi Sayha or bust. i know according usa immigration point of view LOW SALARY INCOME+CASH ASSETS has been acceptable but as my knowledge of experince immigration have ;2 phase first phase is NVC when NVC ;immigration officer except any kind of assets or bank deposit cash assets+LOW SALARY INCOME and approve beneficiary file and closed beneficiary case in NVC and send beneficiary complete file to beneficiary home country embassy and arrange final beneficiary interview with consular officer .as every one know this is the NVC first process phase and second phase is a final phase when consular officer take final interview with beneficiary and consular officer reject these type of any kind of assets+LOW SALARY INCOME or any kind of cash assets because there is a lot of fraud involve in most salary ;person sponsor or cosponsor cases because in consular officer point of view if consular officer approved benificiary interview or visa at the time of beneficiary interview with consular officer there is no guarntee of beneficiary sponsor or cosponsor after benificiary issue visa with passport that benificiary cosponsor or sponsor use is whole cash assets in one day or one week for example cosponsor or sponsor after issue benificiary visa suddenly use is whole cash assets in one day for personal purpose or any kind of purpose so in that case who will take guarantee of sponsor or cosponsor that he or she cannot use is whole cash assets suddenly so in that whole case scenario that why consular officer cannot trust and believe these type of low income salary+cash assets sponsor or cosponsor person and consular officer reject these type of low income+cash assets sponsor or cosponsor that why consular officer demand another or finacially strong salary income sponsor or cosponsor

Filed: Country: Armenia
Timeline

I trully thank all of you for your responses and it helped me a lot. Now the great news for me is that I email the US Embassy in Armenia with this information about my assets in the bank and they responded by saying that, that I totally meet the requirements in lue of this information. All I need to do is have my wife give them a copy of my bank statement and we will be good to go.

Again to all of you, thanks from my heart.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.