MarcyLuis

Supporting evidence for AOS interview

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

We got our interview letter in the mail the other day and am trying to get everything together. It is not very specific about what i should bring for supporting evidence of our relationship.

The letter says - Supporting evidence of your relationship, such as copies of any documentation regarding joint assets or liabilities you and your spouse may have together. This may include: tax returns, bank statements, insurance documents (car, life, health), property documents (Car, house, etc.), rental agreements, utility bills, credit cards, contracts, leases, photos, correspondence and/or any other documents you feel may substantiate your relationship.

My husband (the beneficiary) and I have been married for over five years and have three kids. We do have a joint bank account, joint rental agreement, joint car insurance, and some photos.

My questions are,

1. Should we just bring the most recent bank statement and car insurance bill or several?

2. Is the rental agreement that was signed over a year ago okay, or should we get a current letter from our landlord? Also should we try to get past rental agreements since we lived in several different places since being married for five years?

3. For the photos, should we only choose pictures that my husband is in with my family and me with his family, or just us and our kids? We were never the kind of people that like to be in pictures, we mostly take tons of pictures of our kids, but I'm sure we can dig some up.

4. I've heard people say to get notarized affidavits from family and friends, but the interview letter said nothing about that. Is it good to have family write letters, and if so what about?

I would appreciate anyone's input. Thank you so much.

1-20-06 - Married

3-28-11 - I-130 and AOS in the mail.

3-29-11 - USPS delivery confirmation to Chicago lockbox.

4-02-11 - Email notification of NOA1.

4-04-11 - I-130 TOUCH

4-05-11 - NOA1 hardcopy received.

4-13-11 - Email notification for RFE.

4-18-11 - AOS TOUCH

4-18-11 - RFE hardcopy received (for W2).

4-18-11 - Biometrics Appt. notice received (scheduled for 5-5-11).

4-27-11 - RFE response in the mail.

4-29-11 - USPS delivery confirmation for RFE response.

5-05-11 - Biometrics appointment completed.

5-13-11 - RFE received (case status updated today, but says RFE received 5-2-11)

6-07-11 - Email notification for Interview on 7-12-11.

6-11-11 - Interview hardcopy received.

7-12-11 - Interview -Approved!!

7-12-11 - Card/document production ordered email

7-15-11 - Received Welcome Letter and i-130 approval notice in the mail

7-15-11 - Card/document production ordered email again

7-18-11 - Status changed to post decision activity

7-19-11 - touch

7-20-11 - Received Green card in the mail!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi!

Congrats on the AOS coming up.

I think from what I have read that a few pictures, maybe a wedding photo album, joint banking, rental agreements & electric bills etc with both names will be good!

Then go in with lots of kid photos & brag about your family!!! 3 kids in 5 years...can you bring them in as evidence? :)

I do believe you will get asked lots of questions, basic stuff to see if you really live together... just answer honestly & if you aren't sure say so (like you don't know a favorite color or some question like that)

best wishes, Kim

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

As you have been married for 5 years your interview will be treated more like an ROC interview.

At the AOS stage usually people have only recently married so they usually understand if you have very little co-mingling given the short time frame BUT when it comes to ROC they expect more information as you've had more time to become established. As you've been married for so long, you will get the 10 year card and so they will treat you like they would an ROC case... SO read the I-751 instructions about supporting documents and consider evidence as suggested in there.

I have yet to file ROC (due April 2012) but I have started my list. This is what I have so far:

---

Stuff I have:

o Copy IRS transcripts 2009, 2010 & 2011 showing joint filing

o Copy Wells Fargo joint account

o Copy First Trust & Savings joint account

o Copy Verizon cell phone bill (showing joint names)

o Electricity & Gas bill (showing joint names)

o Health Insurance showing joint names

o Copy Drivers licenses showing same address

o Copy Car Insurance cards (showing joint names)

o Photos from wedding & various occasions

o Power of Attorney document giving Anthony permission to sign on Vanessa’s behalf

Stuff I have to collect still:

o Wills & Powers of Attorney showing each other as beneficiaries

o Flight records showing both travelled together

o Birth certificate of any children

o Affidavits from at least two (2) people who have know both of us since obtaining LPR

---

So you can see I already have lots of stuff, but I hope to redo my Wills this year. Some people find this morbid but it's important to me, especially being an immigrant, to make sure any children aren't "stuck" in the US with my in-laws if Tony and I pass-on. They will be returning to Australia.

We got our interview letter in the mail the other day and am trying to get everything together. It is not very specific about what i should bring for supporting evidence of our relationship.

The letter says - Supporting evidence of your relationship, such as copies of any documentation regarding joint assets or liabilities you and your spouse may have together. This may include: tax returns, bank statements, insurance documents (car, life, health), property documents (Car, house, etc.), rental agreements, utility bills, credit cards, contracts, leases, photos, correspondence and/or any other documents you feel may substantiate your relationship.

My husband (the beneficiary) and I have been married for over five years and have three kids. We do have a joint bank account, joint rental agreement, joint car insurance, and some photos.

My questions are,

1. Should we just bring the most recent bank statement and car insurance bill or several?

2. Is the rental agreement that was signed over a year ago okay, or should we get a current letter from our landlord? Also should we try to get past rental agreements since we lived in several different places since being married for five years?

3. For the photos, should we only choose pictures that my husband is in with my family and me with his family, or just us and our kids? We were never the kind of people that like to be in pictures, we mostly take tons of pictures of our kids, but I'm sure we can dig some up.

4. I've heard people say to get notarized affidavits from family and friends, but the interview letter said nothing about that. Is it good to have family write letters, and if so what about?

I would appreciate anyone's input. Thank you so much.

1. Take several statements of everything you have. The more the better

2. The one year agreement is good along with some past ones.

3. Take a few of everything.

4. It is up to you.....

The more evidence you provide the more you have for your defense of a valid marriage.

229248abu3e9v4w9.gif

• AOS Status
  • 03-10-11 Day 00 = AOS FedEx overnight
  • 03-11-11 Day 01 = AOS at Chicago Lockbox FedEx Confirmation
  • 04-11-11 Day 32 = AOS Text/eMail Confirmation
  • 04-14-11 Day 35 = NOA (EAD & AOS)
  • 04-15-11 Day 36 = Bio-Metrics NOA
  • 05-10-11 Day 61 = Bio-Metrics Appointment
  • 05-17-11 Day 68 = Submitted Request to Correct Name on 485 & 765
  • 05-23-11 Day 74 = Status online shows I-765 (EAD) Approved
  • 06-02-11 Day 84 = EAD arrived in the mail
  • 06-02-11 Day 84 = Went to SSA office (name wrong on Master Immigration List)
  • 06-12-11 Day 95 = InfoPass to correct name
  • 06-12-11 Day 95 = SSA office again Pending name update
  • 06-??-11 Day ?? = Received Social Security Card
  • 08-03-11 Day 146 = AOS Interview

MarcyLuis - for folks to (perhaps) give you some more ideas (lots of good stuff above already) - and so you don't get surprised by the elephant in the room; What sort of visa is your husband's AOS based on? (fiance, visitor, etc.)

It could be very important and equally important to know what evidence you've supplied already.

Timeline

None. He entered without inspection when he was 4 years old. He had an approved petition file for him in 1994 that his mother never followed through with and he aged out of. Now married to me(USC) he qualifies to adjust status through the 245(i) act.

1-20-06 - Married

4-04-11 - I-130 TOUCH

4-18-11 - AOS TOUCH

5-13-11 - RFE received (case status updated today, but says RFE received 5-2-11)

7-19-11 - touch

Timeline

MarcyLuis - for folks to (perhaps) give you some more ideas (lots of good stuff above already) - and so you don't get surprised by the elephant in the room; What sort of visa is your husband's AOS based on? (fiance, visitor, etc.)

It could be very important and equally important to know what evidence you've supplied already.

All we have sent with our application was what was asked for in the 1-485, nothing extra. Children's birth certificates, our birth certificates and his translation, copy of rental lease, and copy of his old approved petition.

Thank you everyone for the advice so far, anything else would be greatly appreciated.

1-20-06 - Married

4-04-11 - I-130 TOUCH

4-18-11 - AOS TOUCH

7-19-11 - touch

Timeline

I was reading a lot in the ROC forums and I saw it mentioned a couple of times that children's birth certificates don't really mean much but both parents involved in their care means more. So I was looking through my daughters pre-school papers and found a "contact report". It has who attended the meeting(has me and my husband listed), the date, what was discussed and all that. And I found two different Papers showing that both my husband and I attended two different meetings for my sons special education program. Would these be good to show at the interview? What do you guys think?

1-20-06 - Married

4-04-11 - I-130 TOUCH

4-18-11 - AOS TOUCH

7-19-11 - touch

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I was reading a lot in the ROC forums and I saw it mentioned a couple of times that children's birth certificates don't really mean much but both parents involved in their care means more. So I was looking through my daughters pre-school papers and found a "contact report". It has who attended the meeting(has me and my husband listed), the date, what was discussed and all that. And I found two different Papers showing that both my husband and I attended two different meetings for my sons special education program. Would these be good to show at the interview? What do you guys think?

I would take them. It shows you both being involved in the parenting aspects and lives of your children. I believe it help show a true relationship/marriage.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.