britishspouse

After sign in failed... how long is the wait?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Today received sign in failed at NVC.

People generally say the next day you will receive case complete. And as I understand it the embassy schedules interviews for the following month, the 2nd week of the current month. So im PRAYING im in time for a july interview.

What do you guys think?

Havent received any RFE's thus yet. so reallllyl hoping I get an interview soon.

Total time from posting I-130 to VISA in hand 7 months 21 days :D

timeline.jpg?t=1311777984

Today received sign in failed at NVC.

People generally say the next day you will receive case complete. And as I understand it the embassy schedules interviews for the following month, the 2nd week of the current month. So im PRAYING im in time for a july interview.

What do you guys think?

Havent received any RFE's thus yet. so reallllyl hoping I get an interview soon.

Grats on getting a SIF. You can call now to see if you've got a case complete.

And NVC schedules the interview, not the consulate/embassy. The consulate/embassy sends NVC a schedule of available dates and from that, dates are given out by NVC.

And don't listen to operators when they say they only schedule interviews during the second week of each month for the next month. It's a lie. If you want proof, look at my own signature. My interview date was scheduled during the FOURTH week of the month as have many others been scheduled during other weeks, not just the first.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
And NVC schedules the interview, not the consulate/embassy. The consulate/embassy sends NVC a schedule of available dates and from that, dates are given out by NVC.

Thank You! I am tired of telling people NVC schedules interview not Consulate/Embassy!

Congrats to O.P.

USCIS- (77 Days)
I-130 Sent : 04-05-2011
I-130 NOA1 : 04-08-2011
I-130 NOA2 : 06-24-2011

NVC- (29 Days)
NVC Received : 07-25-2011

NVC Case Closed: 08-23-2011
Medical/VFS/Interview
Interview Date Recieved: 09-02-2011
Medical Completed: 09-16-2011
VFS Fees Paid and Documents Submitted: 10-21-2011
Interview: 11-10-2011

Interview Status: Approved
Visa In Hand: 11-10-2011

USA

P.O.E- Chicago, IL: 12-16-11
Recieved Welcome Letter: 01-03-2012
Received Green Card: 01-19-2012
Re-applied for SSN: 01-23-2012
Received SSN: 01-27-2012

Apply for Removal of Conditions: 09-17-13

ROC- (112 Days)

I-751 Sent (CSC): 11-22-13

Check Cashed: 11-27-13

I-751 NOA1: 11-30-13

Biometrics: 12-23-13
Case Status: Approved
Green Card Issued: 3-14-14

Green Card In Hand: 3-20-14

CITIZENSHIP

Apply For N-400: 1-28-15

Check Cashed: 02-5-15

NOA: 02-11-15

Biometrics: 03-2-15

In Line Interview: 06-10-15

Interview: 07-20-15

Interview Status: Approved

Oath Ceremony: 08-20-15

Timeline

Thank You! I am tired of telling people NVC schedules interview not Consulate/Embassy!

Congrats to O.P.

Hehe sorry. I meant NVC, just so excited right now Im getting the two muddled up :P

And could I still receive an RFE or not now?

Edited by britishspouse

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

yup, you could.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

laughing.gif

Hehe sorry. I meant NVC, just so excited right now Im getting the two muddled up :P

And could I still receive an RFE or not now?

Haha, don't worry. I think everyone's brains become mush at least at one point in this process.

Usually when you get a SIF, it means a case complete is close, if not already, so there's a very low chance at getting an RFE now, but there's always still the possibility.

Edited by Saylin

Timeline

laughing.gif

Haha, don't worry. I think everyone's brains become mush at least at one point in this process.

Usually when you get a SIF, it means a case complete is close, if not already, so there's a very low chance at getting an RFE now, but there's always still the possibility.

Hhehe okay thankyou for the input :)

I'll just have to keep fingers crossed for no RFE, and hope we get case complete tomorrow :D I phoned and they said it is in final review

Edited by britishspouse

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.