kennym

The Last of the Last Dots

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

USCIS_DOTS.JPG

The goal we're all hoping to achieve. We made it to the last of the last dots...

Ok, will still have ROC and Citizenship, but this is huge. Thanks to VJ, there is no way I would have gotten this far without all of you...

Thanks, with all the aprreciation and gratitude I can come up with, because we truly are in-debted to VJ, Thanks and Best wishes to everyone for all your help..

Next big step is Maritza's Daughter.. we aren't going anywhere, because we know we still have many things to do, but this is big..

Kenny

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

USCIS_DOTS.JPG

The goal we're all hoping to achieve. We made it to the last of the last dots...

Ok, will still have ROC and Citizenship, but this is huge. Thanks to VJ, there is no way I would have gotten this far without all of you...

Thanks, with all the aprreciation and gratitude I can come up with, because we truly are in-debted to VJ, Thanks and Best wishes to everyone for all your help..

Next big step is Maritza's Daughter.. we aren't going anywhere, because we know we still have many things to do, but this is big..

Kenny

Congrats! :thumbs:

The bummer is that you won't get to enjoy sitting on that last dot for very long. After they print the card and mail it then the dot will revert back to "Post Decision Activity". :whistle:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

USCIS_DOTS.JPG

Kenny

Congrats, again! good.gif

Can't wait to see that myself.

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Me too.. I'll be throwing a party that day! My hubby and I are hoping I get it before the 4th of July so that it will be a more meaningful celebration for me :)

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

All,

Maritza travelled to Colombia last week expecting that she could return with AP.. Now that the GC is approved, what issues will she have when she returns to US with her AP/EAD Card? She will be returning on July 1st...

Thanks

Kenny

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

All,

Maritza travelled to Colombia last week expecting that she could return with AP.. Now that the GC is approved, what issues will she have when she returns to US with her AP/EAD Card? She will be returning on July 1st...

Thanks

Kenny

The AP technically expired when the green card was issued, but since she left the US before the green card was approved they should allow her to enter using the AP. I've read other similar cases, and they didn't have any problems.

You rolled the dice when she decided to leave for a couple months before the AOS had been approved. Being transferred to the CSC is no guarantee you won't get an interview. If you'd been scheduled for an interview while she was out of the country then she would have needed to drop everything and get back here for the interview. Missing the interview is usually an automatic denial. Fortunately, this didn't happen. :thumbs:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Mines has been sitting on the Card/ Production Dot since April 19th of this year. And still no card. I filed an I-90 but for all I know the Card Production was a mistake and we were not approved without interview. I keep getting mixed info about what I should do. Based on the file date I don;t see whats taking them so long and they havent even touched my step-sons AOS and I-130 since OCtober 2010. I wish you a speedy LPR. I hope something happens for me and my husband soon too.

TIMELINE

Marriage : 2009-03-11

I-130 Sent : 2009-06-01

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-06-03

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-02

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-06

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-25

Interview Date : 2009-11-12

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2009-12-03

US Entry : 2010-02-08

I-130 Approval : 2009-08-25

Port of Entry : JFK

POE Date : 2010-02-08

Got EAD Stamp : Yes,EAD Card

Biometrics Taken : Yes

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : MSC Local Office: New York City

Date Filed : 2010-09-23

NOA Date : 2010-09-30

Bio. Appt. : 2010-12-14

Approval Date: 2011-04-19

Got I551 Stamp : No

Greencard Received: No

Comments : No Interview, just received a notice online that card processing is in completion. step-sons status is currently still showing the same, last touch on 10/20/2011 and no update as of yet.

Employment Authorization Document

Bio. Appt. : 2010-12-14

Approved Date : 2010-12-20

Date Card Received : 2010-12-30

Advance Parole

Date Received : 2010-11-01

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.