ventoux

How does my I-129F packet look...

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

I getting together my I-129F / G-325A forms and I think I've got everything but I'd like to double check. Also the guides say to make 2 copies of the final packet but do I have to copy everything. For example, the 75 pages that is a photo copy of our passports and the photos we are including? Also, should the G-1145 be the first page, or the first page after the Cover Letter?

Here's what I've got together:

1. Cover page with address headers, ToC, etc (basically the downloadable template on VJ). [signed, dated]

2. G-1145 with email (no phone number)

3. Personal check for $340.00 [signed, dated]

4. I-129F: With the exception of Part E, every question is completed or "N/A" or "none" [signed, dated]

5. I-129F Supplement, Part B: Question 18 with 2 short paragraphs. [signed, dated]

6. G-325A for petitioner, completed all fields or "none" or "N/A" when applicable. [signed, dated]

7. Passport style photo (at least by French standards, 3.5x4cm [approx 1.375x1.75"] for the photo area, cut to 2x2" and everything seems to match the US passport photo) of petitioner, taken last week. [Neither signed nor dated]

- Enclosed in zip-loc bag

- Bag labeled "Photo of XXX"

- Back of photo labeled "XXX" with felt tip pen

- G-325A, photo bag, and blank paper all clipped together with a binder clip (aka banker's clip)

8. G-325A for beneficiary, completed all fields or "none" or "N/A" when applicable. [signed, dated]

9. Passport style photo (again, using the same French standards) of beneficiary, taken last week. [Neither signed nor dated]

- Bag labeled "Photo of YYY"

- Back of photo labeled "YYY" with felt tip pen

- G-325A, photo bag, and blank paper all clipped together with a binder clip (aka banker's clip)

10. Petitioner's birth certificate (photocopy) of both front, and back (actually just a blank sheet). [Neither signed nor dated]

11. Letter of intent (Fiancee) with address headers [signed, dated]

12. Letter of intent (Fiance) with address headers [signed, dated]

13. Proof of meeting / ongoing relationship

- Full photocopies of both petitioner and beneficiary's passports (75 pages) with 50-60 stamps over the course of 6 years. Some pages of interest are indicated in handwriting on the first page of each [Neither signed nor dated]

- Brief page listing the contents (handwritten), listed chronologically and how each piece fits into the "proof" [signed, dated]

- 7 photos of us, selected solely on their ability to place us together in one spot, at a specific time (official 1-time only events and/or landmarks). Proposal, ring, and event we participated in are included. Pictures span 4-year period but most are very recent. Back of photos state the place, date, and our names (no family members or friends are present in any of the photos).

- Photocopy of EGL diamond ring appraisal report [Neither signed nor dated]

- Print out of the results from a sporting competition that took place the day after the proposal in a nearby town. "XXX" name, town, year of birth and date are highlighted. Also included the URL to these results which are publicly available online. [Neither signed nor dated]

- Reservation confirmation from the hotel in "XXX"'s name. Room for 2. Proposal weekend. Dates highlighted [Neither signed nor dated]

- Postcard from friend addressed to both of us while we were living together abroad. Address matches "Applicant residence" information.

14. (Other) Beneficiary name change documents

- Photocopy of adjusted birth certificate, acknowledging the name change in native language with the date of ruling indicated. [Neither signed nor dated]

- Translation of above in English [Neither signed nor dated]

- Page certifying the translation is an accurate representation of the original (translated by the Beneficiary) [signed, dated]

- Court ruling to legally accept name change in native language with the date of ruling indicated. [Neither signed nor dated]

- Page certifying the translation is an accurate representation of the original (translated by the Beneficiary) [signed, dated]

All sections (G-1145, I-129F, G-325A's, Birth Certificate, Letters of Intent, Proof of Meeting, Passport copies, and Name Change Information are all crimped with a binder clip and a small color-coded label affixed to the bottom of the page for easy reference. 2 large paper clips crimp the sides of the entire packet. Packet placed in a white airpack envelope. Addressed to:

United States Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Attn: I-129F

2501 South State Highway 121 Business

Suite 400

Lewisville, TX 75067

via Express International mail from France.

2 photocopies of each page will be made just prior to sending.

How am I doing? Forgetting anything or overlooking something?

2005 - We first met

2011-06-08: I-129F Sent

2011-06-14: NOA1

Timeline

I just noticed that the G-325A form has been updated in the last few days. The one I am currently including says "expires 06/30/2011" and the G-1145 I'm using says "expires 5/31/2011" but I checked on 5/31 and there was no new version. Today I see there is a new version (revised 05/25/11) with no expiration date stated.

Here are all my versions

05/31/2011 for G-1145

02/29/2012 for I-129F

06/30/2011 for G-325A

will this be a problem? It took me a few days to fill out everything and get the materials together but now do I have to do it all again?

2005 - We first met

Timeline

Ok, I double checked and it does look like I'm using the current version.

The G-1145 is a few days expired but the current version still says "05/25/2011. Previous editions accepted." So I guess I'm fine.

2005 - We first met

Your petition packet looks bulletproof. :thumbs:

Take it from someone who experienced having the Embassy lose their paperwork...make one complete copy of your packet for yourself and one complete copy for your sweetheart.

I used an Acco fastener on my I-129F petition packet.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your petition packet looks bulletproof. :thumbs:

Take it from someone who experienced having the Embassy lose their paperwork...make one complete copy of your packet for yourself and one complete copy for your sweetheart.

I used an Acco fastener on my I-129F petition packet.

Acco fastener? What does it look like?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Is the beneficiaries country dangerous, are people there corrupt, etc? I personally would not even bring up the diamond ring, nor even think about sending the appraisal for it.

Better safe than sorry.

Edited by Ready to do it

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 2011-04-27

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I getting together my I-129F / G-325A forms and I think I've got everything but I'd like to double check. Also the guides say to make 2 copies of the final packet but do I have to copy everything. For example, the 75 pages that is a photo copy of our passports and the photos we are including? Also, should the G-1145 be the first page, or the first page after the Cover Letter?

Here's what I've got together:

1. Cover page with address headers, ToC, etc (basically the downloadable template on VJ). [signed, dated]

2. G-1145 with email (no phone number)

3. Personal check for $340.00 [signed, dated]

4. I-129F: With the exception of Part E, every question is completed or "N/A" or "none" [signed, dated]

5. I-129F Supplement, Part B: Question 18 with 2 short paragraphs. [signed, dated]

6. G-325A for petitioner, completed all fields or "none" or "N/A" when applicable. [signed, dated]

7. Passport style photo (at least by French standards, 3.5x4cm [approx 1.375x1.75"] for the photo area, cut to 2x2" and everything seems to match the US passport photo) of petitioner, taken last week. [Neither signed nor dated]

- Bag labeled "Photo of XXX"

- Back of photo labeled "XXX" with felt tip pen

8. G-325A for beneficiary, completed all fields or "none" or "N/A" when applicable. [signed, dated]

9. Passport style photo (again, using the same French standards) of beneficiary, taken last week. [Neither signed nor dated]

- Bag labeled "Photo of YYY"

- Back of photo labeled "YYY" with felt tip pen

10. Petitioner's birth certificate (photocopy) of both front, and back (actually just a blank sheet). [Neither signed nor dated]

11. Letter of intent (Fiancee) with address headers [signed, dated]

12. Letter of intent (Fiance) with address headers [signed, dated]

- Full photocopies of both petitioner and beneficiary's passports (75 pages) with 50-60 stamps over the course of 6 years. Some pages of interest are indicated in handwriting on the first page of each [Neither signed nor dated]

- Brief page listing the contents (handwritten), listed chronologically and how each piece fits into the "proof" [signed, dated]

- 7 photos of us, selected solely on their ability to place us together in one spot, at a specific time (official 1-time only events and/or landmarks). Proposal, ring, and event we participated in are included. Pictures span 4-year period but most are very recent. Back of photos state the place, date, and our names (no family members or friends are present in any of the photos).

- Photocopy of EGL diamond ring appraisal report [Neither signed nor dated]

- Print out of the results from a sporting competition that took place the day after the proposal in a nearby town. "XXX" name, town, year of birth and date are highlighted. Also included the URL to these results which are publicly available online. [Neither signed nor dated]

- Reservation confirmation from the hotel in "XXX"'s name. Room for 2. Proposal weekend. Dates highlighted [Neither signed nor dated]

- Postcard from friend addressed to both of us while we were living together abroad. Address matches "Applicant residence" information.

14. (Other) Beneficiary name change documents

- Photocopy of adjusted birth certificate, acknowledging the name change in native language with the date of ruling indicated. [Neither signed nor dated]

- Court ruling to legally accept name change in native language with the date of ruling indicated. [Neither signed nor dated]

All sections (G-1145, I-129F, G-325A's, Birth Certificate, Letters of Intent, Proof of Meeting, Passport copies, and Name Change Information are all crimped with a binder clip and a small color-coded label affixed to the bottom of the page for easy reference. 2 large paper clips crimp the sides of the entire packet. Packet placed in a white airpack envelope. Addressed to:

United States Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Attn: I-129F

2501 South State Highway 121 Business

Suite 400

Lewisville, TX 75067

via Express International mail from France.

2 photocopies of each page will be made just prior to sending.

How am I doing? Forgetting anything or overlooking something?

Looks excellent. Write a declaration narrating your meeting, courtship, qualities you value in your beloved, etc, and authenticate each photograph and document (e.g. We traveled to Niagra Falls in 2009 (Exh. 12). My comments are below:

On the photo copy page write/type the dates.

Make an index entitled "Exhibit Index" and each item should be described, e.g.

Exh. 32, "Bonnie and Clyde at Bonnie's father's birthday party, 2007."Petition Index.doc

- 7 photos of us, selected solely on their ability to place us together in one spot, at a specific time (official 1-time only events and/or landmarks). Proposal, ring, and event we participated in are included. Pictures span 4-year period but most are very recent. Back of photos state the place, date, and our names

Scan the pics. In MS Word or WP, create a page with the title, people, place, and time. Cut and paste the pic onto the text document. Make it easy for a government official to see the pics and "get it." Attached is an example. Pachacamac 2008.doc

"Front load" by making copies of email, letters, cards, receipts for mailed gifts, receipts for gifts, etc. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/317667-my-fiance-visa-denied/page__view__findpost__p__4759396 . Make sure all of that gets into the hands of the embassy/consulate official well before he/she ever asks you for any evidence.

Use exhibit tabs at the bottom of your nicely organized packet + legal fastener at the top. http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextoid=ff053d146a7ee010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD . Bates stamp all of your exhibits for easy pinpointing.

Good work. I am confident your preparation will serve you well.

Edited by aguilayserpiente

May 14, 2011 Mailed K1 Petition to Lewisville, Texas Lockbox

May 18, 2011 Notice of Receipt via email

May 18, 2011 Notice Petition forwarded to California Service Center

May 19, 2011 Notice of Receipt from Laguna Niguel, California, Service Center

August 2, 2011 Request for Evidence

August 31, 2011 Evidence tendered to Laguna Niguel, Service Center

September 14, 2011 Notice of Action, "Petition approved."

September 29, 2011 Notice Petition forwarded to embassy in Lima, from National Visa Center, Portsmouth, NH,

October 3, 2011, email sent to embassy in Lima, re: change of address for fiancée.

October 5, 2011 email response from embassy in Lima, re: procedure for change of address

October 22, 2011 received packet from embassy in Lima with Nov. 2, 2011 appointment date.

November 2, 2011 finacée interviewed by consular staff in Lima.

November 2, 2011 Yellow sheet issued requesting more information.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.