phyxsius

Interview question

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi all!

So I have a little problem here...

When we applied for our I-129 F form back in December 2010, we filled in that I was born in a city right outside of my real one.. I thought that this was the correct information at the time until I got a hold of my birth certificate who proved me wrong.

So on the I-129F form and G-325A form it's stated that I am born in a different town.. "Still in the same country of course.." and keep in mind.. the town added is 20 mins next to my real one..

On all of the new forms I have added the REAL city of birth

my question is...

do they check the old forms on the interviews?

And if they do.. do you think i can reprint the 2 pages where the wrong birth place is put ?

I feel that this is such a small error and that I really don't want to get declined for such a minor mistake..

any insight from anyone?

I received my packet 3 today and sent it back today as well so I should be getting an interview date soon and I am just going through all of the forms..

ALSO: I am over 21 years of age. They don't need my parents birth certificates correct? they are not mentioned on mine for example..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all!

So I have a little problem here...

When we applied for our I-129 F form back in December 2010, we filled in that I was born in a city right outside of my real one.. I thought that this was the correct information at the time until I got a hold of my birth certificate who proved me wrong.

So on the I-129F form and G-325A form it's stated that I am born in a different town.. "Still in the same country of course.." and keep in mind.. the town added is 20 mins next to my real one..

On all of the new forms I have added the REAL city of birth

my question is...

do they check the old forms on the interviews?

And if they do.. do you think i can reprint the 2 pages where the wrong birth place is put ?

I feel that this is such a small error and that I really don't want to get declined for such a minor mistake..

any insight from anyone?

I received my packet 3 today and sent it back today as well so I should be getting an interview date soon and I am just going through all of the forms..

ALSO: I am over 21 years of age. They don't need my parents birth certificates correct? they are not mentioned on mine for example..

I don't think it should be a problem. If the interviewer asks about it, you can just tell them the truth, same as you posted here.

As for the last part, you do not need your parents birth certificates. Are you saying your parents names are not listed on your birth certificate?

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

I don't think it should be a problem. If the interviewer asks about it, you can just tell them the truth, same as you posted here.

As for the last part, you do not need your parents birth certificates. Are you saying your parents names are not listed on your birth certificate?

That's correct, they are not listed on it..

But should that matter considering that i am over 21 years of age ?

hmm guess i will just see what happens.. and hopefully they wont make a big deal out of it..

I mean i could be safe and just reprint the 2 pages and change it to the real one, would take me about 2 minutes to do

Timeline

hmm guess i will just see what happens.. and hopefully they wont make a big deal out of it..

I mean i could be safe and just reprint the 2 pages and change it to the real one, would take me about 2 minutes to do

You should ask in the portal for Ireland if that would be acceptable. Birth certificates usually need to be the long form and include your parents names.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

You can obtain a long form of your birth certificate that has your parents' names on it...

Hope someone from Mexico can provide you an exact answer; for the UK you needed the long form with parents' names. (We had to contact an approved organisation and re-order, as certificates in the '80s didn't have that information on them automatically)

Edited by * Kristin *

K1 Journey
11/2006...... met for the first time on a night out in London!
11/25/07..... I moved to the UK on a work visa to be with him 🙂
02/27/09..... he proposed!
08/30/10..... sent I-129F
09/02/10..... NOA1
01/27/11..... NOA2 (147 DAYS from NOA1)
03/22/11..... INTERVIEW! (201 DAYS from NOA1) - APPROVED! --> Read the review here!
03/25/11..... visa received!!!
06/09/11..... POE LAX!! --> Read the review here!

AOS Journey
07/22/11.... SSN received
08/27/11.... our wonderful wedding!!
09/23/11.... sent AOS package
09/25/11.... AOS package delivered in Chicago (7:33 p.m.)
10/10/11.... AP rejection letter, refiled 10/17
10/11/11.... NOA1 received via text & email (AOS + EAD only)
10/15/11.... hard copies of NOA1 for AOS + EAD received (dated 10/7)
10/17/11.... refiled AP
10/18/11.... successful biometrics walk-in, Santa Ana, CA (appt for 11/1)
10/20/11.... NOA1 for AP
12/12/11.... call in to USCIS. Told to call back after 12/26.
12/23/11.... I-765 approved

02/1/12...... Interview
02/02/12.... Approved!
02/10/12.... Hubby's GC in hand!

ROC Journey

12/09/13.... sent I-751 to CSC

12/10/13.... package delivered / NOA1

12/12/13.... cheque cashed

01/06/14.... biometrics

04/18/14.... approval letter dated (received 4/22)

Naturalization Journey

09/29/22.... filed N-400 online

09/30/22... NOA/biometrics reuse

01/23/23... interview scheduled for 02/28 

02/28/23... successful interview + oath ceremony in Santa Ana, CA! so proud! certificate of naturalization received! --> Read the review here!

Timeline

You can obtain a long form of your birth certificate that has your parents' names on it...

Hope someone from Mexico can provide you an exact answer; for the UK you needed the long form with parents' names. (We had to contact an approved organisation and re-order, as certificates in the '80s didn't have that information on them automatically)

To clear up any confusion, they need to ask for what is required in Ireland, not Mexico. I believe they will need the certificate with parents names listed though.

Timeline

This is not good at all..

Now I have 2 issues probably..

I need to get a new birth certificate BEFORE my interview... "i sent packet 3 yesterday"

problem number 2.. and i think this is a big one :/

I am born and raised in Sweden. Both of my parents are swedish too... the problem is that on the forms that i sent in.. i most likely listed my parents birthplace incorrect too...

So I have a feeling that both mine and my parents birthplace on the form is incorrect..

I really don't know what to do at this time..

I know that this is a huge mistake, but the problem was that the first birth certificate i received did NOT have my parents info on them. And I never knew that they needed to be in it up until now..

So I asked my parents where they were born, and they gave me 2 different answers ..

I really don't want to go to the interview and mention it there.. Would this be a reason to be declined?

It's so silly too... because i know that these towns / cities are only 15 mins apart..

Timeline

Just got off the phone with my mother.

This is an issue..

In Sweden, when you are born. they do not add you onto their records right away..

so as an example..

My mother lives in A town, but this town does not have a hospital, so she has to go to B town to deliver me. once i am born i go back to A town and THERE they will file for my birth certificate ...

This is where the confusion started... and this is why i filled out the place of birth wrong on myself, my mother and my father.. Since it says on the form "PLACE OF BIRTH"

I was born in Town B. but my papers does not say that..

Any insight at all???? or am i really damn screwed..... :/:/:/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.