monyfer

STILL awaiting NOA2, 8 months after filing for K-1...

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

i filed cr1 not k-1 but i feel your pain exactly..waiting almost 7 months and got a rfe too . i think it was to buy them time also..my senator did nothing (no pull) but when my congressman got involved the rfe magically appeared the same day.. as you said i think it was to buy them time..I completely understand your views on living in mexico because i have thought about giving up and moving to Albania and wonder too why i just didn't stay there..USA is good as whole but the government can sure let you down...i hope you get approved soon the only thing keeps me going is knowing no matter what i will be with my husband whether its here in the states or there...

event.png

preg.png

ENGAGED AUGUST 18, 2010

MARRIED OCT 21, 2010

FILED I-130 NOV 13,2010

NOA 1 NOV 15, 2010

NOA 2 JUNE 15, 2011

CASE # JULY 13,2011

DS3032 ACCEPTED JULY 18, 2011

AOS paid JULY 20, 2011

Sent AOS JULY 23, 2011

IV paid JULY 25, 2011

IV sent JULY 28, 2011

CASE CLOSED AUG 8, 2011

INTERVIEW DATE OCT 13, 2011

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Today marks eight months exactly since we shipped our K-1 visa packet off. I continue to wait and to wait. To update those who do not know my story:

- I have called USCIS multiple times. They are rarely helpful. They just read off the same script in robotic voices. The times where I have had a helpful Tier 2 officer put in a Service Request (happened twice) I get a form letter later stating that my case is still under review, background checks, etc.

- My Senator's Aide has contacted Vermont Service Center congressional liaison several times and is told the same thing we are told. She has no pull whatsoever. We are either told we are still in administrative processing, or that they have sixty days to reply from the date they received my RFE repsonse.

- We did receive an RFE at six and a half months. Requesting passport photos of myself. Which I had sent with the original petition. Regardless, I took the photos and mailed them back the same day. I mailed them back on April 20 - almost 1.5 months ago. They were received on April 22 but VSC did not confirm receipt officially until May 2 - buying them until July 2 for a response.

I am so happy for all my VJ friends who have received approval lately. But it makes the fact that we continue to wait, even though we filed before 99% of these individuals, even more difficult to swallow.

There is no reason on God's green earth that we should be waiting this long. I have no criminal record. I pay my taxes on time every year. I am an upstanding, professional citizen in my late twenties. I have been dating my fiance for four years. He is also an upstanding, law abiding, tax paying citizen in his country in his late twenties with no criminal background. He works for the Mexican subsidiary of a large U.S. corporation. He has a valid US tourist visa. Why would they have issued it if he was a criminal? Why are they taking eight months to verify our "background"? We have never been married previously. Neither of us have children. We met in real life, not through some online dating site. You would think we would be the perfect example of a case that should get whisked through the immigration process in 2-3 months. NOT EIGHT MONTHS.

I am at my wit's end. My patience is gone. It has been gone for awhile. I maintained a positive, optimistic outlook every day for eight months. Every day for eight months I woke up with renewed hope at seeing a change in my case status. That hope is gone. Everyday I wake up depressed, knowing another day will pass with no news. Every day ends with a soul-crushing disappointment in my heart. I am despondent and depressed. My life is on hold. I can't make plans going forward because I don't know what the result will be.

Although my fiance and I mutually agreed the US would be the place where we want to get married and put down roots, I am starting to second guess that decision. Mexico has a plethora of security and economical issues, and I would miss my family here and all my favorite stores like Whole Foods and Target - but other than that? At least in Mexico I was treated with respect and dignity by the government there. Neither my fiance nor I have received such treatment from the U.S. government here. It is enough to make me vomit.

My country has let me down.

I understand your feelings. As we are not at 8 months yet....but creeping up on it...I believe your NOA2 is coming soon! Bahadir and I have been talking about us putting roots in Turkey and if that is what has to hppen then so be it....Its coming Monica! Hold ON!!

My case has taken years, so I just moved to the philippines with my wife. If the usa doesn't want us, then let us spend our money in a country that does

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

Monfer,

Thank you so much for posting this. You have poored your soul out to us because you are in pain. Your statement is exactly the way I feel. And yes, my father fought for this country, and yes we are very lucky to br citizens of a country that has so much more opportunity to offer than other countries. I certainly experienced the difference between the Republic of Turkey and the United States when I was there for over six weeks. It truly seemed much longer than that because it was a hard life. But just because we are citizens of the United States and should be thankful does not mean the United States is justified in treating one couple better than another couple.

This is ridiculous. The United States knows their system is broken and they should fix it or at the very least be extremely helpful to someone who calls in after 5 months and says, Hey, did you forget me? I was here first. 8 months is outrageous when others are getting approved in less than three. They need to stop making excuses and admit they did something wrong, very wrong. Tell the truth, we have misplaced your file. We have misplaced part of your file, can you resubmit the entire thing again and we will expedite your application.

It has only been a little over 6 and 1/2 months for me and my husband, but everyday I am searching for the best country for us to relocate too. It is so very sad, but I am not willing to waste more than a year on this process. If he is not on his way here by October 16, 2011, our wedding anniversary, I am taking back control of my life and going somewhere where we can live together forever.

This is the only way I am getting through this. Set a deadline for your waiting and take back control of your life because the United States does not care or they would fix this process.

Edited by Dumb/Dumber

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Closed NVC Ocotber 11, 2011

Interview Date: January 12,2012

Thank you my wonderful God in Heaven.

OP, I am sorry to hear about your delay. We are only 70 days into our K1 process and even though we anticipate a long wait, we are anxious. There is really nothing I can offer you but my best wishes. I understand the frustration you (and most of us) are feeling, because the system seems unfair, especially, like my fiance says, towards those of us who are choosing to follow a legal path. It is heartbreaking particularly because a lot of us did not choose immigration as anything else, but a way to be with our loved ones. I have a comfortable life in Mexico and wish my love could adapt to my country so we could skip all of this. On the other hand, I respect his wish to want to remain in his country and will try to do my best to be patient and be content with occasional visits while all this is done.

In these cases all you can do is take it as a test of your love for one another. If you can make it through this, you can make it through most anything. Best wishes to you both.

Our Journey begins

Met online in March 2009. Started dating through Skype in September 2009. Met in person on 03/14/2010. After many visits, both ways, Nate proposes to Liz on 8/10/2010.

Our K-1 Journey
K1 Visa processed at Vermont, approved in 106 days. Approved at CDJ on 19/09/2011
Our AOS Journey from K

Applied for AOS on 12/27/2011

-AP/EAD combo card processed at Vermont, approved in 86 days. Approved on 3/22/2012; Card Received 3/30/2012

-GC processed at Vermont, approved in 268 days. Approved on 9/20/2012; Card Received on 9/26/2012
Our RoC Journey

08/30/2014: Sent package to Lockbox

09/02/2014: Package Received in Chicago

09/05/2014: Received NOA1 (Extension letter for 1 year)

11/30/2014: Called USCIS, Biometrics appointment not received yet. Appointment letter never delivered to correct address.

12/05/2014: Finally receive Biometrics appointment letter in the mail.

12/30/2014: Biometrics taken in El Paso, Texas ASC

05/08/2015: Approval notice received by email and text

05/10/2015: Approval notice received by mail

05/15/2015: GC in hand

-RoC processed at Vermont, approved in 248 days

Our Citizenship Journey

06/20/2015: Will be able to early file N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

My case has taken years, so I just moved to the philippines with my wife. If the usa doesn't want us, then let us spend our money in a country that does

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: amen to that..exactly how i feel...

event.png

preg.png

ENGAGED AUGUST 18, 2010

MARRIED OCT 21, 2010

FILED I-130 NOV 13,2010

NOA 1 NOV 15, 2010

NOA 2 JUNE 15, 2011

CASE # JULY 13,2011

DS3032 ACCEPTED JULY 18, 2011

AOS paid JULY 20, 2011

Sent AOS JULY 23, 2011

IV paid JULY 25, 2011

IV sent JULY 28, 2011

CASE CLOSED AUG 8, 2011

INTERVIEW DATE OCT 13, 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Today marks eight months exactly since we shipped our K-1 visa packet off. I continue to wait and to wait. To update those who do not know my story:

- I have called USCIS multiple times. They are rarely helpful. They just read off the same script in robotic voices. The times where I have had a helpful Tier 2 officer put in a Service Request (happened twice) I get a form letter later stating that my case is still under review, background checks, etc.

- My Senator's Aide has contacted Vermont Service Center congressional liaison several times and is told the same thing we are told. She has no pull whatsoever. We are either told we are still in administrative processing, or that they have sixty days to reply from the date they received my RFE repsonse.

- We did receive an RFE at six and a half months. Requesting passport photos of myself. Which I had sent with the original petition. Regardless, I took the photos and mailed them back the same day. I mailed them back on April 20 - almost 1.5 months ago. They were received on April 22 but VSC did not confirm receipt officially until May 2 - buying them until July 2 for a response.

I am so happy for all my VJ friends who have received approval lately. But it makes the fact that we continue to wait, even though we filed before 99% of these individuals, even more difficult to swallow.

There is no reason on God's green earth that we should be waiting this long. I have no criminal record. I pay my taxes on time every year. I am an upstanding, professional citizen in my late twenties. I have been dating my fiance for four years. He is also an upstanding, law abiding, tax paying citizen in his country in his late twenties with no criminal background. He works for the Mexican subsidiary of a large U.S. corporation. He has a valid US tourist visa. Why would they have issued it if he was a criminal? Why are they taking eight months to verify our "background"? We have never been married previously. Neither of us have children. We met in real life, not through some online dating site. You would think we would be the perfect example of a case that should get whisked through the immigration process in 2-3 months. NOT EIGHT MONTHS.

I am at my wit's end. My patience is gone. It has been gone for awhile. I maintained a positive, optimistic outlook every day for eight months. Every day for eight months I woke up with renewed hope at seeing a change in my case status. That hope is gone. Everyday I wake up depressed, knowing another day will pass with no news. Every day ends with a soul-crushing disappointment in my heart. I am despondent and depressed. My life is on hold. I can't make plans going forward because I don't know what the result will be.

Although my fiance and I mutually agreed the US would be the place where we want to get married and put down roots, I am starting to second guess that decision. Mexico has a plethora of security and economical issues, and I would miss my family here and all my favorite stores like Whole Foods and Target - but other than that? At least in Mexico I was treated with respect and dignity by the government there. Neither my fiance nor I have received such treatment from the U.S. government here. It is enough to make me vomit.

My country has let me down.

hi...

i can feel you... we are actually on the same boat. we filed nov. 28, NOA1- Dec 13, 2010, 6 months after we received RFE that they lost our passport pics which we swore was there and we just resent them... and on we are waiting for NOA2...

it's very difficult. like you don't know where to turn your frustrations to. like you, we are professionals and we met in person before we have a relationship... almost 2 years into it now... and no criminal record. like it makes you ask...why did we differ and what went wrong?!

so...you would feel a stab when you are left behind when you were in line ahead. i would never wish for anyone to be in my state. how i wish though that we were in your state too... overjoyed by now to be in the arms of each other.

as of the moment... let's keep the faith. i will pray for you. know that you are not alone too. it will come. i hope soon. coz yes, it does try your patience. i would have loved to plan our wedding but this in between helds us back.

let's keep our heads up. God bless you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.