monyfer

STILL awaiting NOA2, 8 months after filing for K-1...

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Today marks eight months exactly since we shipped our K-1 visa packet off. I continue to wait and to wait. To update those who do not know my story:

- I have called USCIS multiple times. They are rarely helpful. They just read off the same script in robotic voices. The times where I have had a helpful Tier 2 officer put in a Service Request (happened twice) I get a form letter later stating that my case is still under review, background checks, etc.

- My Senator's Aide has contacted Vermont Service Center congressional liaison several times and is told the same thing we are told. She has no pull whatsoever. We are either told we are still in administrative processing, or that they have sixty days to reply from the date they received my RFE repsonse.

- We did receive an RFE at six and a half months. Requesting passport photos of myself. Which I had sent with the original petition. Regardless, I took the photos and mailed them back the same day. I mailed them back on April 20 - almost 1.5 months ago. They were received on April 22 but VSC did not confirm receipt officially until May 2 - buying them until July 2 for a response.

I am so happy for all my VJ friends who have received approval lately. But it makes the fact that we continue to wait, even though we filed before 99% of these individuals, even more difficult to swallow.

There is no reason on God's green earth that we should be waiting this long. I have no criminal record. I pay my taxes on time every year. I am an upstanding, professional citizen in my late twenties. I have been dating my fiance for four years. He is also an upstanding, law abiding, tax paying citizen in his country in his late twenties with no criminal background. He works for the Mexican subsidiary of a large U.S. corporation. He has a valid US tourist visa. Why would they have issued it if he was a criminal? Why are they taking eight months to verify our "background"? We have never been married previously. Neither of us have children. We met in real life, not through some online dating site. You would think we would be the perfect example of a case that should get whisked through the immigration process in 2-3 months. NOT EIGHT MONTHS.

I am at my wit's end. My patience is gone. It has been gone for awhile. I maintained a positive, optimistic outlook every day for eight months. Every day for eight months I woke up with renewed hope at seeing a change in my case status. That hope is gone. Everyday I wake up depressed, knowing another day will pass with no news. Every day ends with a soul-crushing disappointment in my heart. I am despondent and depressed. My life is on hold. I can't make plans going forward because I don't know what the result will be.

Although my fiance and I mutually agreed the US would be the place where we want to get married and put down roots, I am starting to second guess that decision. Mexico has a plethora of security and economical issues, and I would miss my family here and all my favorite stores like Whole Foods and Target - but other than that? At least in Mexico I was treated with respect and dignity by the government there. Neither my fiance nor I have received such treatment from the U.S. government here. It is enough to make me vomit.

My country has let me down.

K-1 Visa Journey

October 1, 2010: I-129F sent

October 5, 2010: I-129F received

October 12, 2010: NOA1 e-mail received, routed to VSC

October 16, 2010: NOA1 hard copy received (dated October 7, 2010)

April 18, 2011: RFE e-mail

April 20, 2011: RFE hardcopy received

April 20, 2011: RFE response sent to VSC

May 2, 2011: E-mail confirming VSC has received RFE response

July 27, 2011: NOA2 e-mail received (9 months, 2 weeks, and 6 days (292 days) after NOA1

July 30, 2011: NOA2 hard copy

August 4, 2011: NVC received case

August 8, 2011: NVC forwarded case to US Consulate in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico

August 8, 2011: Consulate received case

August 25, 2011: Consulate mailed packet 3

September 3, 2011: Received Packet 3 in US

September 20, 2011: Interview! Not enough information in the system to make a decision

September 26, 2011: K1 visa approved and received via DHL

October 20, 2011: POE at Phoenix, Arizona

October 26, 2011: Married

AOS Journey

11-7-2011 - AOS package sent to lockbox in Chicago, IL

11-9-2011 - AOS package delivered and signed for

11-15-2011 - NOA1 e-mails received (NOA1 date November 10), routed to NBC

11-16-2011 - Check Cashed

11-21-2011 - Hard Copies & Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

11-29-2011 - Biometrics done via walk-in! (Originally scheduled for 12/14/11)

12-2-2011 - Case transferred to CSC

1-17-2012 - EAD/AP Card Production Ordered

1-25-2012 - EAD/AP card received in mail

3-7-2012 - RFE issued

3-19-2012 - RFE response received by CSC

4-4-2012 - Green Card Production!

4-10-12 - GC received in mail

January 3, 2014: ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

It is so unfair what is happening to you two. Everyday I also wake up hoping and praying that there will be some change in our status, but still nothing. (though we are only at 5 months, which still feels too long) Just know that you are not alone, the rest of us are all playing this waiting game too. It sucks. I hope that having to go through this horrible wait will make your marriage all the more sweeter in the future. When you're both old and grey in a nursing home someday, may you still feel the same desire to be together that you do right now. Love never fails....

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Today marks eight months exactly since we shipped our K-1 visa packet off. I continue to wait and to wait. To update those who do not know my story:

- I have called USCIS multiple times. They are rarely helpful. They just read off the same script in robotic voices. The times where I have had a helpful Tier 2 officer put in a Service Request (happened twice) I get a form letter later stating that my case is still under review, background checks, etc.

- My Senator's Aide has contacted Vermont Service Center congressional liaison several times and is told the same thing we are told. She has no pull whatsoever. We are either told we are still in administrative processing, or that they have sixty days to reply from the date they received my RFE repsonse.

- We did receive an RFE at six and a half months. Requesting passport photos of myself. Which I had sent with the original petition. Regardless, I took the photos and mailed them back the same day. I mailed them back on April 20 - almost 1.5 months ago. They were received on April 22 but VSC did not confirm receipt officially until May 2 - buying them until July 2 for a response.

I am so happy for all my VJ friends who have received approval lately. But it makes the fact that we continue to wait, even though we filed before 99% of these individuals, even more difficult to swallow.

There is no reason on God's green earth that we should be waiting this long. I have no criminal record. I pay my taxes on time every year. I am an upstanding, professional citizen in my late twenties. I have been dating my fiance for four years. He is also an upstanding, law abiding, tax paying citizen in his country in his late twenties with no criminal background. He works for the Mexican subsidiary of a large U.S. corporation. He has a valid US tourist visa. Why would they have issued it if he was a criminal? Why are they taking eight months to verify our "background"? We have never been married previously. Neither of us have children. We met in real life, not through some online dating site. You would think we would be the perfect example of a case that should get whisked through the immigration process in 2-3 months. NOT EIGHT MONTHS.

I am at my wit's end. My patience is gone. It has been gone for awhile. I maintained a positive, optimistic outlook every day for eight months. Every day for eight months I woke up with renewed hope at seeing a change in my case status. That hope is gone. Everyday I wake up depressed, knowing another day will pass with no news. Every day ends with a soul-crushing disappointment in my heart. I am despondent and depressed. My life is on hold. I can't make plans going forward because I don't know what the result will be.

Although my fiance and I mutually agreed the US would be the place where we want to get married and put down roots, I am starting to second guess that decision. Mexico has a plethora of security and economical issues, and I would miss my family here and all my favorite stores like Whole Foods and Target - but other than that? At least in Mexico I was treated with respect and dignity by the government there. Neither my fiance nor I have received such treatment from the U.S. government here. It is enough to make me vomit.

Wow it sounds like you will be moving to Mexico. Would it be a good idea to bring anyone to a terrible country like the USA from a great place like Mexico? They have Walmarts there & maybe Target too. Odd that so many Mexicans are pouring over the border escaping from the Eden you describe.

Your government didnt let you down. You just werent ready for the long & difficult immigration journey. My own took 408 days so I know how you feel. Even with all that happened I can tell you its worth it. This is in fact the greatest country on earth.

We dont know much about immigration issues until we are faced with them. The laws havent been changed in over 60 years. They arent written to make it easy. What has your elected official done to reform the laws to make it easier for you to bring someone here? Did you vote for them based on those actions?

This is tough. Your case like mine did seem to have simply fallen off the radar. You are understandably upset by the lack of progress. Dont give up. You are simply a victim of the volume of cases under review. Your case will get done & you will have what you wanted. All of the background of your case is good but has little to do with the timing of the approval. Like us in the past, you seem to have been a little unlucky to have filed at a time when USCIS is very busy. They are always busy from what I have seen.

Your mistake with the photos is exactly the same we made. That RFE cost you time. Ours set us back two months. If you take that into consideration you are at 6 months not 8. That is about on par with others.

Dont let this get you too far down. You will succeed in the end I am sure.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Burkina Faso
Timeline

Wow it sounds like you will be moving to Mexico. Would it be a good idea to bring anyone to a terrible country like the USA from a great place like Mexico? They have Walmarts there & maybe Target too. Odd that so many Mexicans are pouring over the border escaping from the Eden you describe.

No need to be sarcastic. I love the US but there are actually great things to be said about living and raising a family in a country other than the US (and I say this as someone who spent 7 years of my childhood overseas). We are in fact planning to move back to Burkina for at least a few years once we have kids and they are a bit older. Mexico is another can of worms currently because of the security issues there, but other than that there are some really nice parts of the country (or at least there were 10 years ago...it's been awhile). There is a huge difference between living in a developing/middle income country on a $100/month government salary (these are generally the folks who want to leave) and living there with a good income allowing a nice standard of living. That said, there are alos good reasons to live in the US, but you shouldn't dismiss living in another country out-of-hand

Timeline

No need to be sarcastic. I love the US but there are actually great things to be said about living and raising a family in a country other than the US (and I say this as someone who spent 7 years of my childhood overseas). We are in fact planning to move back to Burkina for at least a few years once we have kids and they are a bit older. Mexico is another can of worms currently because of the security issues there, but other than that there are some really nice parts of the country (or at least there were 10 years ago...it's been awhile). There is a huge difference between living in a developing/middle income country on a $100/month government salary (these are generally the folks who want to leave) and living there with a good income allowing a nice standard of living. That said, there are alos good reasons to live in the US, but you shouldn't dismiss living in another country out-of-hand

Thats a heart warming story of your point of view. However you are lecturing someone that lived outside the USA for 35 years in a developing country. My mother is still there & lives on the 100 dollars a month I provide to her. The government gives her 15 bucks. Sell it somewhere else.

"Although my fiance and I mutually agreed the US would be the place where we want to get married and put down roots, I am starting to second guess that decision. Mexico has a plethora of security and economical issues, and I would miss my family here and all my favorite stores like Whole Foods and Target - but other than that? At least in Mexico I was treated with respect and dignity by the government there. Neither my fiance nor I have received such treatment from the U.S. government here. It is enough to make me vomit".

It wasnt my idea for the OP to make this statement. Its clear that they both feel the U S goverment has zero respect for them while the Mexican governemt showed the total respect & dignity they demand.

Enjoy your stay in Burknia.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thats a heart warming story of your point of view. However you are lecturing someone that lived outside the USA for 35 years in a developing country. My mother is still there & lives on the 100 dollars a month I provide to her. The government gives her 15 bucks. Sell it somewhere else.

"Although my fiance and I mutually agreed the US would be the place where we want to get married and put down roots, I am starting to second guess that decision. Mexico has a plethora of security and economical issues, and I would miss my family here and all my favorite stores like Whole Foods and Target - but other than that? At least in Mexico I was treated with respect and dignity by the government there. Neither my fiance nor I have received such treatment from the U.S. government here. It is enough to make me vomit".

It wasnt my idea for the OP to make this statement. Its clear that they both feel the U S goverment has zero respect for them while the Mexican governemt showed the total respect & dignity they demand.

Enjoy your stay in Burknia.

You're being sort of rude, although you did make some good points in your original statement, you ruined the whole post by your opening statements. In this second post you seem to be upset that the OP is frustrated..? If this thread upsets you somehow don't participate in it.

I myself have been living in Mexico with my Fiance through this process and I feel for you soo much Moneyfer. Our case was approved in a little less than 5 months, so obviously your wait has been longer and harder than ours was, but I know the feeling of being so desperate and angry that moving to the U.S. sounds like the exact opposite of what you want to do.

I've second guessed the decision many times after thinking about what they are making us do to simply move back to the country where I was born and the country that I've been faithful to for my entire life. It makes me sick too Moneyfer, and sometimes I wonder if it's actually the best decision.

Yes Mexico has some issues they need to take care of, and sometimes things here make me absolutely insane because nothing can ever seem to make complete sense and always has to be like 25% harder than it actually should be, but it's a beautiful country who does not make ANYONE go through the hoops that the U.S. requires to come into the country.

Hang in there... hopefully this will all be worth it in the end.

Timeline

You're being sort of rude, although you did make some good points in your original statement, you ruined the whole post by your opening statements. In this second post you seem to be upset that the OP is frustrated..? If this thread upsets you somehow don't participate in it.

I myself have been living in Mexico with my Fiance through this process and I feel for you soo much Moneyfer. Our case was approved in a little less than 5 months, so obviously your wait has been longer and harder than ours was, but I know the feeling of being so desperate and angry that moving to the U.S. sounds like the exact opposite of what you want to do.

I've second guessed the decision many times after thinking about what they are making us do to simply move back to the country where I was born and the country that I've been faithful to for my entire life. It makes me sick too Moneyfer, and sometimes I wonder if it's actually the best decision.

Yes Mexico has some issues they need to take care of, and sometimes things here make me absolutely insane because nothing can ever seem to make complete sense and always has to be like 25% harder than it actually should be, but it's a beautiful country who does not make ANYONE go through the hoops that the U.S. requires to come into the country.

" If this thread upsets you somehow don't participate in it." I didnt realise you were the resident critic. Follow your own advice. Confine yourself to what you understand & view as helpful to the OP. You may want to try to get on Dr Phil & dish out the cheap advice.

The plain fact is that they arent that far out what is now the norm. They made a mistake which drew an RFE. That mistake cost them time. Now they get frustrated with the government & want to vomit. Many here on V J have waited 6 months. I have explained how the same mistake affect my case which still took a lot longer then the OPs. The OP should benefit from what I said.

If the effort that it takes to emmigrate thru the legal process becomes too big a burden its easy for ANYONE to quit. Those of you that think Mexico is the place to be because they dont put people thru this horrible experiance should simply ask Mexico to allow you to live there. Just dont vomit while you are asking. Dont second guess your decision.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

They made a mistake which drew an RFE. That mistake cost them time. Now they get frustrated with the government & want to vomit.

Just to be clear - I made NO mistake. If you read my original post, I did send the requested passport photos with the original K-1 petition packet. VSC obviously lost my photos / or wanted to buy more time.

You DO understand :) so nice to find someone who does!

K-1 Visa Journey

October 1, 2010: I-129F sent

October 5, 2010: I-129F received

October 12, 2010: NOA1 e-mail received, routed to VSC

October 16, 2010: NOA1 hard copy received (dated October 7, 2010)

April 18, 2011: RFE e-mail

April 20, 2011: RFE hardcopy received

April 20, 2011: RFE response sent to VSC

May 2, 2011: E-mail confirming VSC has received RFE response

July 27, 2011: NOA2 e-mail received (9 months, 2 weeks, and 6 days (292 days) after NOA1

July 30, 2011: NOA2 hard copy

August 4, 2011: NVC received case

August 8, 2011: NVC forwarded case to US Consulate in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico

August 8, 2011: Consulate received case

August 25, 2011: Consulate mailed packet 3

September 3, 2011: Received Packet 3 in US

September 20, 2011: Interview! Not enough information in the system to make a decision

September 26, 2011: K1 visa approved and received via DHL

October 20, 2011: POE at Phoenix, Arizona

October 26, 2011: Married

AOS Journey

11-7-2011 - AOS package sent to lockbox in Chicago, IL

11-9-2011 - AOS package delivered and signed for

11-15-2011 - NOA1 e-mails received (NOA1 date November 10), routed to NBC

11-16-2011 - Check Cashed

11-21-2011 - Hard Copies & Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

11-29-2011 - Biometrics done via walk-in! (Originally scheduled for 12/14/11)

12-2-2011 - Case transferred to CSC

1-17-2012 - EAD/AP Card Production Ordered

1-25-2012 - EAD/AP card received in mail

3-7-2012 - RFE issued

3-19-2012 - RFE response received by CSC

4-4-2012 - Green Card Production!

4-10-12 - GC received in mail

January 3, 2014: ROC

Timeline

Just to be clear - I made NO mistake. If you read my original post, I did send the requested passport photos with the original K-1 petition packet. VSC obviously lost my photos / or wanted to buy more time.

Ok so this is some conspericy then by the U S government to delay your case.

To be serious I truly hope your case is approved soon. I know what waiting forever is like. I still think I have come to the greatest country of earth no matter what the cost in time or money has been. It is a huge privilage to be allowed here. I have great respect for this country, its government & the freedom I enjoy here that isnt possible where I come from. If you dont its fine with me. I just cant understand why you would want to bring anyone here to endure the terrible abuse by the U S goverment. Especially when you indicate how good life can be for people in Mexico. I never considered living there when I see the never ending stories of the cities like Juarez & others. That and the hundreds of thousands that will do anything to get out of there. One member hs said Mexico has a few issue to take care of. Good luck on that.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You bet we understand monyfer! Don't lose the faith. Your NOA2 will come through. I'm in the same loop at the moment.

Suerte!!!

E&R4ever

Jan 18 2011 => I-129F sent

Jan 26 2011 => E-Notification & Text Message received

Jan 26 2011 => Check cashed

Jan 31 2011 => NOA1 Hard Copy Received dated 1/25/2011

May 18 2011 => E-Mail RFE Notification

May 23 2011 => RFE Hard copy Received

May 24 2011 => Mailed RFE back to CSC

May 25 2011 => CSC e-mailed confirming RFE reply accepted. Awaiting decision.....

Jun 01 2011 => E-Mailed NOA2 Approval

Jun 06 2011 => NOA2 Hard copy received in mail

Jun 16 2011 => NVC Received Petition

Jun 17 2011 => NVC Sent Petition to CDJ

Jul 11 2011 => SUPPOSEDLY CDJ SENT PKT 3

Aug 11 2011 => NEVER RECEIVED PKT 3 and finally CDJ asnwered questions to proceed with making Consulate Appt

Aug 23 2011 => INTERVIEW DATE. Never told we were approved. Had to wait for decision from DHL Package!

Aug 30 2011 => Received DHL Package. Found we were aproved!!!

Sep 02 2011 => POE CDJ

Sep 04 2011 => My Babe is home at last!!!

Sep 2011 => Wedding

" Con Amor todo se Puede! "

Eff Y Ros por Siempre!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

At this Point you deserve a Clear Response in person. Make a Info-Pass Appointment and talk to someone Face to Face. Maybe you tried that, maybe not. I assume you have not. I'm hoping for you! Tim

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Timeline

May i suggested that you contact your senator or congressman, they can be a big help... Tim and I did this, and in less than 4 months our aplication has been approved, just yesterday we read from our case status inquiry in USCIS that our K1 petition has been approved (and I believe this is the NOA2) and they already sent through mail the paper....

Will be praying for you.

Timeline

It was already said but I will repeat it again. IT JUST TOO UNFAIR. IT IS TAKING TOO LONG FOR YOU GUYS TO GET THE NOA2! Note my CAPS.

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

well im waiting longer than you!im waiting for more than 8months! im tired of emailing and calling uscis/vsc,people that filed k1 the same month[sept] are already in usa,some october filers are already approved! while me,im still here,still here guys!!!!!!!!!!dont know how long i could wait!sometimes me and my fiance had an arguments about it!im sick and tired of all the bulshit why it always giving me a hard time to get what i really wanted in my life,,,i guess GOD's forgets me?!,,,,,this will be the last time il vent here,nothing more to say.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.