coach85

K3 Interview for June 21st but Immigrant Visa still in play for same date

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow, we have been on quite a journey. Our I-129F and I-130 gets approved same day at USCIS. For some reason, I-129F gets received at NVC and approved much quicker then I-130 and the wheels are already in motion to get my wife to the U.S. on the K3. The U.S. Embassy in Manila sends her a letter stating she can pay her $350 fee and then right after that schedule her Interview Appt.

Well, that is exactly what we did and her appointment is for June 21st on a K3. Now is where things get really interesting. NVC received all the Final Documents from our Immigration Lawyer on our I-130 and just approved everything on it on Monday of this week. At this point, our K3 is still alive and never been closed. My wife just completed her Medical Exams today. On Monday of this week, right after I found out our CR1 was approved and complete, I contacted NVC and asked to speak to a Supervisor to explain to them my position and how we are constantly getting mixed messages for our options and which Visa will actually be processed. We have paid all our Visa Fees for the I-130 AND the I-129 and all our paperwork is complete and finished. I told the Supervisor we wanted to be able to keep our June 21st appointment date for our K3 but if possible, be able to have all our paperwork from the Immigrant Visa at the U.S. Embassy in Manila and process my wife on the CR1 at time of interview. The Supervisor told me exactly what to do and to send via email a "Request to Expedite" our I-130 Petition to the U.S. Embassy in Manila. She told me what to put in Subject Line and also in email and told me the process. Once they received my Request to Expedite the I-130, they will send an email to the Embassy in Manila seeking approval for this. The Embassy approved this in 2 days and sent the email back to NVC. Today the NVC packaged all our paperwork on the I-130 and immediately sent it out to Embassy in Manila. Now I'm not expert on this but I have to assume that they will have all our paperwork for BOTH petitions and be able to process my wife on the Immigrant Visa at the time of her interview. I think I have seen something like this happen before on this website with a few other people and even though its not the norm, it has happened. Basically, getting the K3 approved quicker set us up for an earlier appt as they haven't even begun to schedule CR1 Visa's yet for July and won't do so until the second week of June. If all goes well, it will be the K3 that got our foot in the door quicker and the CR1 will be the Visa of choice at the time of decision making at the Embassy. Please God let this be how it plays out. We have a Family Reunion July 4th weekend and it would be so great for Marielle to meet my extended family AND not have to do Adjustment of Status once she's here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Interesting indeed! The CR-1 is the superior visa, so lobby hard for that. Keep us apprised, si man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

SO, no more K-3 discussion for you? rest is all CR-1? yes?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Well, nothing is set in stone. Her interview appt is still scheduled for K3 but we are hoping to be processed at that time as Immigrant Visa. We will keep u updated on what eventually happens.

SO, no more K-3 discussion for you? rest is all CR-1? yes?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Wow, we have been on quite a journey. Our I-129F and I-130 gets approved same day at USCIS. For some reason, I-129F gets received at NVC and approved much quicker then I-130 and the wheels are already in motion to get my wife to the U.S. on the K3. The U.S. Embassy in Manila sends her a letter stating she can pay her $350 fee and then right after that schedule her Interview Appt.

Well, that is exactly what we did and her appointment is for June 21st on a K3. Now is where things get really interesting. NVC received all the Final Documents from our Immigration Lawyer on our I-130 and just approved everything on it on Monday of this week. At this point, our K3 is still alive and never been closed. My wife just completed her Medical Exams today. On Monday of this week, right after I found out our CR1 was approved and complete, I contacted NVC and asked to speak to a Supervisor to explain to them my position and how we are constantly getting mixed messages for our options and which Visa will actually be processed. We have paid all our Visa Fees for the I-130 AND the I-129 and all our paperwork is complete and finished. I told the Supervisor we wanted to be able to keep our June 21st appointment date for our K3 but if possible, be able to have all our paperwork from the Immigrant Visa at the U.S. Embassy in Manila and process my wife on the CR1 at time of interview. The Supervisor told me exactly what to do and to send via email a "Request to Expedite" our I-130 Petition to the U.S. Embassy in Manila. She told me what to put in Subject Line and also in email and told me the process. Once they received my Request to Expedite the I-130, they will send an email to the Embassy in Manila seeking approval for this. The Embassy approved this in 2 days and sent the email back to NVC. Today the NVC packaged all our paperwork on the I-130 and immediately sent it out to Embassy in Manila. Now I'm not expert on this but I have to assume that they will have all our paperwork for BOTH petitions and be able to process my wife on the Immigrant Visa at the time of her interview. I think I have seen something like this happen before on this website with a few other people and even though its not the norm, it has happened. Basically, getting the K3 approved quicker set us up for an earlier appt as they haven't even begun to schedule CR1 Visa's yet for July and won't do so until the second week of June. If all goes well, it will be the K3 that got our foot in the door quicker and the CR1 will be the Visa of choice at the time of decision making at the Embassy. Please God let this be how it plays out. We have a Family Reunion July 4th weekend and it would be so great for Marielle to meet my extended family AND not have to do Adjustment of Status once she's here.

The law says if your I-130 is in Manila on the interview date the choices go away, leaving only the CR1 visa available.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Really? If that is the case then we are soooooooooooooooooooooo happy about the way this whole thing turned out! Does my wife have to pay any additional fees the day of her interview at the Embassy? Since we paid a sum of $492 to NVC and $350 to schedule the K3, will we get one of those fees back?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Really? If that is the case then we are soooooooooooooooooooooo happy about the way this whole thing turned out! Does my wife have to pay any additional fees the day of her interview at the Embassy? Since we paid a sum of $492 to NVC and $350 to schedule the K3, will we get one of those fees back?

No, you won't get any money back. There may be a small visa delivery fee.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.