motoflatdrag

Length of employment for income requirement

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I'm 57 and have been living in Thailand with my wife on a retirement visa. I have $25,000 in the bank. I will return to the U.S and get a job. How long do I have to work to get my wife a visa for the U.S.? Is a few weeks enough? A few months? Thanks! Paul.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm 57 and have been living in Thailand with my wife on a retirement visa. I have $25,000 in the bank. I will return to the U.S and get a job. How long do I have to work to get my wife a visa for the U.S.? Is a few weeks enough? A few months? Thanks! Paul.

There is not a requirement.. You good'

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

There is no time requirement but there is an income requirement which is 125% of the poverty level. You would have to work long enough to establish proof that you meet the requirement. The other option is to find a co-sponsor.

You can also show sufficient savings but I don't believe $25,000 is enough.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

if your living in thailand, with your wife, over 6 months,then you can file direct consular filing DCF,the proverty guide line for two people is 18,387.you will need to show working and show recant pay stubs and recent w'2 you my need a co sponsor.

Timeline

You could file (form 130) right now because it will be about 12 months before she interviews. That gives you time to build a work history that will be acceptable. The support form (864) is submitted at the NVC stage which will be at least 6 months away.

You can not file DCF unless you have been a legal resident of Thailand for 6 months.

You could file now & begin to look for a co sponsor as insurance. I am sure you know the unemployment rate in the USA is at record levels.

It would be a good idea to review the guides here on V J along with the forms to allow you to have her sign the forms where it is required. This can be overwhelming at first but step by step you can do it. V J & its members are here to assist you.

Edited by Ning

Timeline

You could file (form 130) right now because it will be about 12 months before she interviews. That gives you time to build a work history that will be acceptable. The support form (864) is submitted at the NVC stage which will be at least 6 months away.

You can not file DCF unless you have been a legal resident of Thailand for 6 months.

You could file now & begin to look for a co sponsor as insurance. I am sure you know the unemployment rate in the USA is at record levels.

It would be a good idea to review the guides here on V J along with the forms to allow you to have her sign the forms where it is required. This can be overwhelming at first but step by step you can do it. V J & its members are here to assist you.

Her I-130 has been approved. Her boy was scheduled for his interview in Bangkok 7 months ago, but I decided to move here and abandon the I-130 applications. Now we are trying to get them going again. They're still active.

Edited by motoflatdrag

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.