milimelo

DV2012 results have been VOIDED

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

There is no ground for a lawsuit. Even those chosen are told that being selected doesn't guarantee that you will get a visa. The people involved are not USC's or even resident in the US no rights have been trampled on and no laws have been broken.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

There is no ground for a lawsuit. Even those chosen are told that being selected doesn't guarantee that you will get a visa. The people involved are not USC's or even resident in the US no rights have been trampled on and no laws have been broken.

No laws have been broken, but what about dreams and aspirations that have been broken? What about money and effort that have been lost?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

I agree with you about the fact that they should have considered the 22000 who were selected to apply for their visas and rerun the rest who were not selected to make up for the difference (78000). I really feel bad for those that were selected. Hopefully they win again during the next selection process.

In a way I am excited this will be done again, just because it give another chance to those who were not chosen to be optimistic. I know family members and friends who have been playing this lottery for years now and never selected. I sure hope some of them make it through this time.

They were supposed to get 100,000 winners from which 50,000 would be issued the visas. However, they noticed that, only 22,000 people were actually selected instead of the 100,000. That is far below the required 100,000 applicants. In theory, if all the 22,000 (of which my wife, myself, and my 3 brothers all won) were processed successfully, that would still be less than the 50,000 required. I believe they only voided it because they could not reach the target 100,000 and not because they want to be FAIR.

If they wanted to be fair, there is no better way than to process the 22,000 initial winners and then subsequently adding the remaining 78,000 to obtain the final applicant pool. Think about this: Department of state asked every applicant to be fair and submit one application only or get disqualified. People follow that. They ask us to submit the right pictures. Many did. They asked us to apply within a certain time frame, many followed that and then what do they do? They come back and tell us "We are sorry, you did the right thing but we messed up and our own computer caused the error but we have to punish you for that?". Wow. I am very sad for those who have already paid to adjust their status already (I see some on this forum).

People always said there is weight added to each applicant and I BEGINNING to believe it is true. How come I submitted 6 applications: one each for myself, wife, 4 brothers and only the 5 with either PhD or MSc won?

USCIS:

04/01/13: I-130 Sent

04/03/13: I-130 Package received by CIS – Priority Date

04/04/13: I-130 NOA1 Email received

04/08/13: I-130 Check cashed ($420)

04/08/13: I-130 NOA1 Hardcopy received

11/14/13: I-130 transferred from NBC to Nebraska Service Center

03/02/14: I-130 NOA2 Email received

03/06/14: I-130 Email received - Shipped to NVC

03/06/14: I-130 NOA2 hardcopy received

NVC:

03/12/14: I-130 petition received at NVC

04/14/14: I-130 Case number Assigned

04/16/14: AOS invoice generated

04/16/14: AOS invoice available and PAID ($88.00)

04/17/14: Mailed AOS Package to NVC

04/21/14: AOS Package delivered at NVC

04/24/14: IV invoice available and PAID ($230)

04/25/14: IV Package mailed to NVC

04/28/14: IV Package delivered at NVC

04/28/14: IV Fees deducted from bank account

04/29/14: IV fee shows as “PAID”

04/29/14: DS-260 Submitted online

05/12/14: AOS (I-864) Accepted – No checklist

05/20/14: Case complete

06/11/14: Interview date assigned (July 29 at 8am)

06/12/14: Case shipped to consulate

CONSULATE (Cameroon):

06/16/14: Case arrives consulate

06/26/14: Case shows READY in system

07/14/14: Medical done - Medical Fees ($220)

07/29/14: Interview date @ 8:00 am. Interview Approved

08/21/14: Visa Received

08/27/14: US Entry

09/05/14: Paid Immigrant Fee via USCIS Elis system ($165)

09/12/14: Immigrant Case received by USCIS Mesquite TX office

10/02/14: Green card received

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (I-751):

06/03/16: I-751 sent ($590)

06/06/16: NOA1 Date (I-751 Package received by CIS)

06/13/16: I-1751 NOA1 Hardcopy received (with note EXTENDING CONDITIONAL RESIDENCE FOR 1 MORE YEAR). No need to have passport stamped at local office while case is being processed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I agree with you about the fact that they should have considered the 22000 who were selected to apply for their visas and rerun the rest who were not selected to make up for the difference (78000). I really feel bad for those that were selected. Hopefully they win again during the next selection process.

In a way I am excited this will be done again, just because it give another chance to those who were not chosen to be optimistic. I know family members and friends who have been playing this lottery for years now and never selected. I sure hope some of them make it through this time.

The fact that another poster claims to have submitted 6 petitions and 5 where choosen shows how unfair the initial draw was and why they need to toss those results and redo it. Yes it isn't pleasant for the 22000 people that thought they had won but it is fair to the over 15 million people that applied. So for every one that is upset that the results were thown out there are 700 people happy that it is being redone

The fact that another poster claims to have submitted 6 petitions and 5 where choosen shows how unfair the initial draw was and why they need to toss those results and redo it. Yes it isn't pleasant for the 22000 people that thought they had won but it is fair to the over 15 million people that applied. So for every one that is upset that the results were thown out there are 700 people happy that it is being redone

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Unless I'm very much mistaken it was the six members of their family who all individually submitted applications and five of those were chosen - which is perfectly within the rules. Regardless of how the result is drawn there will always be a high proportion of people left unhappy - the point is that usually those chosen don't then have it snatched away two weeks later.

A magical mystery tour of many US visas prior to AOS... (J-1, F-1, H-1B)

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

EAD/AP - NOA received May 18, 2020

AOS - NOA received May 18, 2020

Biometrics (Code 2) - August 5, 2020

Biometrics take 2 (Code 3) - August 27, 2020

Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - September 8, 2020

EAD/AP Approval Notice - October  1, 2020

EAD Card Received - October 13, 2020

Interview Scheduled Notification - March 1, 2021

Interview Scheduled - April 6, 2021

GC Approved - May 7, 2021

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

GC Delivered - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

File Date - January 8, 2024

Biometrics Waiver - January 8, 2024

Interview Scheduled - March 7, 2024

Interview Date - April 12, 2024

Conditionally Approved Pending I-751 Transfer - April 12, 2024

I-751 Case Was Transferred to Another Office - April 12, 2024

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 7, 2023

Package Delivered - January 9, 2023

NOA Date - January 10, 2023

NOA Received - January 17, 2023 (dated "received" January 9, 2023)

48 Month Extension Received - March 20, 2023

event.png

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Unless I'm very much mistaken it was the six members of their family who all individually submitted applications and five of those were chosen - which is perfectly within the rules. Regardless of how the result is drawn there will always be a high proportion of people left unhappy - the point is that usually those chosen don't then have it snatched away two weeks later.

Absolutely correct. Also remember that the machine chose 90% of winners from people who applied in the first two days, but that does not mean it chose all people who applied in those two days. It was still random after all. Not to mention that there are 78,000 chances left that they can use for another lottery after fixing the error.

NigeriaorBust finds what happened completely normal and justifiable. He says, "Yes it isn't pleasant for the 22000 people that thought they had won but it is fair to the over 15 million people that applied", forgetting that it's not simply "not pleasant" to people, but devastating, largely because those people have been told they won and have already sent in the papers. The rest 15 million, I'm sure, are not as shocked or sad, because nothing has been taken from them. We've been applying for 20 years, and never won. We were frustrated every year of course, but it was justifiable, while now it's not.

You need to understand the difference between "not winning" and "winning then losing".

Filed: Timeline

YES, you are right. Six Members of my family submitted it and five won.

Its not that one person had six applications and won five of them.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

I'm heartbroken for all those who were told they won. A terrible thing to have happened, and enough can't be said about the irresponsibility of whomever/whatever technology is to blame. However, on a personal note, I'm glad we didn't through our number away!

K-1Visa

April 07, 2007 NOA1

September 13, 2007 Visa issued

March 13 2008: "Welcome to America" approval of AOS letter

March 21 2008: Green Card Arrived

January 21, 2009: Apply for mother and father in law's visitor visa

January 22, 2009: Visa Issued

November 2010 Brother in-law applied for diversity visa

January 19, 2011 Applied for Citizenship

April 14, 2011 Citizenship Interview-Passed

June 3, 2011 Citizenship Certificate Received

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like there may still be a tiny glimmer of hope - http://edition.cnn.com/2011/US/06/21/green.card.lawsuit/

A magical mystery tour of many US visas prior to AOS... (J-1, F-1, H-1B)

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

EAD/AP - NOA received May 18, 2020

AOS - NOA received May 18, 2020

Biometrics (Code 2) - August 5, 2020

Biometrics take 2 (Code 3) - August 27, 2020

Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - September 8, 2020

EAD/AP Approval Notice - October  1, 2020

EAD Card Received - October 13, 2020

Interview Scheduled Notification - March 1, 2021

Interview Scheduled - April 6, 2021

GC Approved - May 7, 2021

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

GC Delivered - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

File Date - January 8, 2024

Biometrics Waiver - January 8, 2024

Interview Scheduled - March 7, 2024

Interview Date - April 12, 2024

Conditionally Approved Pending I-751 Transfer - April 12, 2024

I-751 Case Was Transferred to Another Office - April 12, 2024

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 7, 2023

Package Delivered - January 9, 2023

NOA Date - January 10, 2023

NOA Received - January 17, 2023 (dated "received" January 9, 2023)

48 Month Extension Received - March 20, 2023

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.